• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Heroman

Banned
I wonder how Nak would go in NJPW now. The match quality in the last year is insanely high and he only pushed himself in really big shows.

It is a shame how disappointing he has been in WWE for the most part. He was easily in my top 5 for a few years now I dont even miss him in NJPW.
He is amazing wreslter , he would be a top star and probably a bigger star since Tanahashi is hurt.

Mahonay

Banned
All they had to do was match Nak up against AJ the moment he came in. ALL THEY HAD TO DO. A familiar opponent for him, and they could show people what makes him so special. Just go nuts.

But no, let's put him against two wrestlers literally no one gives a shit about and have boring ring work. Fuck off. Jesus.

I wonder how Nak would go in NJPW now. The match quality in the last year is insanely high and he only pushed himself in really big shows.

It is a shame how disappointing he has been in WWE for the most part. He was easily in my top 5 for a few years now I dont even miss him in NJPW.

He'd still be a top 3 or 4 guy. Nakamura knew exactly how to play to the New Japan crowd and can work at a top level enough to stay over.

Egg0

Banned
I want to see how they handle AJ/Nak when it's time to pull the trigger.
I thought it was going to be at Summerslam, but doesn't seem like it now. If it is, it won't be for a title.

I won't defend Nak's previous performances, but last night.... It was against Corbin
and he was booked to win via nutshot, like come on.

jmdajr

Impressions of Jinder's match with Hindi commentary. Sounds more entertaining than the show itself:

Fascinating. Thanks for the info.

Saw Spider-Man yesterday it is probably the best MCU movie.

There was a pretty good swerve in it

I was surprised how good this movie was, for real. I actually laughed out loud at a lot of things. For being a 2nd reboot it was quite the accomplishment. It also fit perfectly into the Marvel Universe.

I absolutely loved
the cameos by CAP. Just awesome

Mahonay

Banned
I have no idea why they keep putting Lana in matches, she's completely lost out there
I mean, the Smackdown women's roster is a joke. Tamina is really bad too in my opinion. She's SO slow, you can see her thinking out each individual basic-ass move. And the only person they were missing in this other than the champ was Carmella, who is a comedy wrestler.

It's ridiculous how much faster the action picked up when it was Charlotte and Becky in there against each other. Everyone else feels like jobbers. Other than Natalya I guess. I will say in Naomi's defense, she has picked up her ring work quite a bit from where it was before. She can at least have a proper wrestling match, even if it's super sloppy often times. Still better than Lana/Carmella/Tamina.

Draxal

I mean, the Smackdown women's roster is a joke. Tamina is really bad too in my opinion. She's SO slow, you can see her thinking out each individual basic-ass move. And the only person they were missing in this other than the champ was Carmella, who is a comedy wrestler.

It's ridiculous how much faster the action picked up when it was Charlotte and Becky in there against each other. Everyone else feels like jobbers. Other than Natalya I guess. I will say in Naomi's defense, she has picked up her ring work quite a bit from where it was before. She can at least have a proper wrestling match, even if it's super sloppy often times. Still better than Lana/Carmella/Tamina.

Naomi has the worst signature move with those kicks.

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/889280323686674432

Tag Team wrestling is great! Too bad all teams can't stay together...

#WWEBattleground

Tom Nook

New Rollins Shirt
DFgPW9uVwAApCNa.jpg

https://twitter.com/WWEShop/status/889477817142054912

The gap between Charolette/Becky and everyone else is pretty wide IMO. Sasha is closest, but I think is held back some by her sloppiness and dead weight rag doll selling.

Menome

So I've got them somewhere I can remember, and for those that missed it, the return of Menome's Predictions of Potential Injury & Death™ for Battleground:

Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton
John Cena vs Rusev
AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens
The New Day vs The Usos
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Baron Corbin
Charlotte for the Women's 5-Way
Sami Zayn vs Mike Kanellis
Tye Dillinger vs Aiden English

I got 5/8 right! THE CURSE IS OVER!

i legit dont understand how anyone can like yoshihasshi

he is so dull in the ring. he has zero conviction or presence.

Yoshi is over in a participation award kind of way. He was on the roster when New Japan got hot and isn't terrible so fans are happy when he actually wins something.

Mahonay

Banned
Like all KO matches have the rest spot. He doesn't call himself the headlock master for nothing. It's like Orton's headlock bad to me.
No. That's not what I mean.

This entire match has been move, rest spot, move, rest spot, move, rest spot, move, rest spot. They just lay there or go for a pin on a basic move. No holds.

Top Bottom