• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

Remove Sephzilla from my thread.

Your thread?

look-at-me-im-the-captain-now-meme-funny-2.jpg

WrassleGAF became mine once CM Punk lost and sent NeoGAF Vince and his CMPunkStairs.gif into the Netherrealm

Syder

That was horrific, if that happened today, there's no way in hell the wrestler would ever be allowed to wrestle in the wwf again. And nor should they.
Owen never apologized, but IIRC that was mainly due to guilt/fear.
Bret Hart - “When we went home from the pay-per-view, I told [Owen], I said, ‘You’ve gotta call him.’ And Owen…he went home and he never called. He forgot. When Owen went home, he was all about his family and didn’t think about wrestling once he left the arena. I don’t think he handled that well…and I think that did change the relationship that Steve had with Owen. And I think Steve was always a little bit… pissed off that Owen didn’t seem to care that he hurt him.”

Vince McMahon - “That incident really, really bugged [Steve], on so many different levels…”

Austin - “For a long time, I watched [the video] over and over…20 or 30 times a day. I still like to watch it every now and then…these days I watch it just to realize where I’m at. It just kind of keeps everything in perspective. I consider myself real lucky.”

It's a contact sport, accidents happen.
Was Joe at fault for Kidd's injury? I don't think so. Also, the Muscle Buster isn't half as dangerous as a Piledriver can be, and Owen seriously botched the one on Austin. It's legit one of the worst botches in history and it was completely on Owen.

I don't know if it's true (in that I don't remember where I heard it so I can't check), but one of the things that was said was that Owen talked Austin into doing the spot to begin with.

Aaah yeeeah.

Hahaha, Heenan hates his guts. Like seriously. Wonder if he'll mention that.

Rimfya

Banned
The hell happened to SD?

It was the only good thing going in the company last year. Then the SUPERSTAR SHAKE UP happens and it looks like they're set with an even better roster of workers. I mean, they got Dolph Ziggles off the air and it somehow got worse!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you know what, CWC is still fucking awesome. I thought 205live tainted it, but it didnt.

The hell happened to SD?

It was the only good thing going in the company last year. Then the SUPERSTAR SHAKE UP happens and it looks like they're set with an even better roster of workers. I mean, they got Dolph Ziggles off the air and it somehow got worse!

Maybe it really was a promotion road dogg got and not just a new title.

The hell happened to SD?

Well hopefully this upcoming Shakeup, if it happens, swings things back in the other direction. Or maybe NXT call ups can spice things up otherwise.

Maybe it really was a promotion road dogg got and not just a new title.

Nah, Road Dogg has been running the show with Ward from day one of the split. They've always answered to Vince though, and when Vince tells you to put Jinder Mahal and Randy Orton and The Great Khali in your main events and to feud Shinsuke with Corbin, there's only so much you can do to make that stuff good or interesting.

Zach

Tapestry by Carole King is kind of boring.

I listened to After Laughter by Paramore yesterday and enjoyed that more.

Take that, Menome!

Tapestry by Carole King is kind of boring.

I listened to After Laughter by Paramore yesterday and enjoyed that more.

Take that, Menome!

I need to give After Laughter a re listen. I enjoyed Hard Times a lot, but the rest of the album didn't click with me at all as an older fan. Probably the second most an album by a band I like has disappointed me.

I had the same reaction to Hard Times the first listen though.

Rimfya

Banned
Another shake up is not the answer. The talent is more than enough, they're just not doing ANYTHING interesting. Name one feud from Battleground you were invested in.

somedevil

Another shake up is not the answer. The talent is more than enough, they're just not doing ANYTHING interesting. Name one feud from Battleground you were invested in.

It just feels like Raw has been more consistent lately than Smackdown. Hell they announced 3 matches last week for this Raw. It just comes down in the writing of each show.

Also didn't know charlotte was in the front row for the Trish vs Lita Raw main event in 04

Zach

"Ecce Homo" --> "Still Life with Hot Deuce on Silver Platter" --> "Upon Viewing Oregon’s Landscape with the Flood of Detritus"

Hard to beat, Menome, you trash-whore.

Mike Johnson posted some stuff about Raw tonight.
Wale
is backstage. Don't know if he'll be used. And we're also getting
Enzo vs. Cass
tonight. I don't know why.

Also he's saying part of WWE budget cuts is that they've cut down on the production crew they use at Raw (camera men and stage crew mostly). They could just fire Kevin Dunn and save so much more money and have a better product for it.

Beefy

Alexa doesn't like my uncle

Wale
Enzo vs. Cass

Also he's saying part of WWE budget cuts is that they've cut down on the production crew they use at Raw (camera men and stage crew mostly). They could just fire Kevin Dunn and save so much more money and have a better product for it.

True

Egg0

Banned
Wale
Enzo vs. Cass

Enzo vs. Cass
rap battle.

GunBR

The hell happened to SD?

- We have an evil foreigner as both US and WWE champ. That's a dumb gimmick 99% of the time, but the crowd loves to chant USA! USA! so they keep using it

- SD lost heel AJ (and face AJ is not the same) and The Miz, the best and second best thing of the show

- Randy was pushed to the main event. He's worst than Ziggler at the moment

Top Bottom