• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Remember that quote that goes around about Vince saying he'd rather have half filled arenas with his own "creations" rather than full arenas with someone elses creations?

The top of the card on SD is Randy Orton, Jinder Mahall and Baron Corbin with the briefcase. The mid cadd is Nakamura, Zayn, KO, Styles etc. Raw is the Roman Reigns show.

Remember that quote that goes around about Vince saying he'd rather have half filled arenas with his own "creations" rather than full arenas with someone elses creations?

The top of the card on SD is Randy Orton, Jinder Mahall and Baron Corbin with the briefcase. The mid cadd is Nakamura, Zayn, KO, Styles etc. Raw is the Roman Reigns show.

That wasn't the quote. It had nothing to do with "someone else's creations". This was the quote. It's from an MLW Radio.

We’ve told the story on the show before, years ago at Wrestlemania when WWE was struggling. It’s Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart in the main event going 60 minutes, people are leaving during the main event, you can check the video tape. People are leaving during the main event of Wrestlemania, and Hall and Nash have both told me that Vince said that night that he would rather have a half full arena cheering for the guy that he says to cheer for than a full arena cheering for whoever they want.

Hex

Banned
Mike Johnson posted some stuff about Raw tonight.
Wale
is backstage. Don't know if he'll be used. And we're also getting
Enzo vs. Cass
tonight. I don't know why.

Also he's saying part of WWE budget cuts is that they've cut down on the production crew they use at Raw (camera men and stage crew mostly). They could just fire Kevin Dunn and save so much more money and have a better product for it.

Just a reason to have Big Show come out without having the actual match.
They will drag that match for Summer Slam

That's one of the biggest things I actually do like about Triple H's booking philosophy. He's willing to go with something that works despite itself and willing to change things that aren't working. Turning Corbin heel early on when he was initially supposed to be a babyface, immediately reversing Becky's character when she wasn't getting over, running with Tyler Breeze when he started getting over, turning Hideo heel, putting Roddy back in the main event scene due to him getting over with Roode the first time, and on and on. Hell, he was the one who told Vince they should scrap the Bryan/Wyatts thing because no one was ever going to boo Bryan.

He doesn't seem to have the resistance to change things up like Vince does.

AJ knew what he was doing. Having that US title paints you as a midcard 4 lyfe, marks.
yVtt0Te.gif

jmdajr

Remember that one week people liked Roman?

I partly joke but his feud with Braun is the only thing worth watching really. That's where we are. The guy people want to go away having the best rivalry.

I partly joke but his feud with Braun is the only thing worth watching really.

I remember the year after he got shit on in Philly, he came back and said "Hey, you know what, you all put me in check, I apologize for everything".

Seemed "okay" for a few months, and now we're back to where we were before when even The Rock couldn't save him.

I partly joke but his feud with Braun is the only thing worth watching really. That's where we are. The guy people want to go away having the best rivalry.

When pretty much all of the booking focus is on what he's doing, I would hope what he's in is good. Now most of his career that hasn't been the case, but his latest incarnation seems to be working well. He's still getting booed, but he's involved in entertaining stuff now at least.

orioto

Good Art™
I really don't believe the match had a botched finish. I mean, maybe the finish was botched,but not to the point of reversing the result.

I was thinking letting Owens taking his belt back and Styles winning for good, and on ppv at summerslam made sense. You have the surprise house show win for 2 weeks, then the real long term run starting at summerslam. Makes sense.

Also.. I mean.. Owens didn't seem surprised at all of the win. Wouldn't he be surprised if it wasn't what was planned or the ref fucked up ?

It's funny but when you think about it, the ref count, the decision, Owens reaction.. It would look more like a screw job than a botch.. Like if only Styles didn't know lol.

But the fact he stayed longer after the match and was pissed.. That's bullshit, i think everyone is being worked. If there was a massive botch and he was super pissed, he would directly go back backstage and talk to everyone. he wouldn't be there angry in front of the crowd for 5 minutes. That makes no sense

Top Bottom