• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

LionPride

Banned
kyXn24iAVYY
It's Virgil, not good enough

I've only seen Okada & Omega 1,2 and the 5 man tag of the NJPW USA (bullet club vs them other guys with the briscoes) and i've lost interest in WWE completely.
I've got so much to catch up on.

Stall19

I like New Japan but there are so many pointless tag matches that I usually just skip nowadays. Plus NJPW doesn't have the in ring segments that wwe has, while not often that good brings some variety in the show.. I feel like if I watched NJPW alone I'd get burnt out a lot quicker than watching both wwe and NJPW. Like I like the G1 Climax as much as anyone but once it's over I'm glad they take like a break because I couldn't watch any more.

I still can't figure out why Tanahashi changed his music.

Because Tana has a low key middle age crisis going on in character. He was the ace, but not anymore. He's in denial about it. So, he switches the music, joins up with a popular lower card group, celebrates winning the NEVER tag titles like he won the IWGP championship, and acts just a little off.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
3 hour show, 45 minutes of actual wrestling. Sigh.

Zach

Get word to Zach that now that I've finished it, Season 8 Simpsons is a massive drop in quality from 7. It's not bad, it's just not nearly as good.
You're contractually obligated to watch Twin Peaks. You watch wrestling. You know how verbal contracts work.

Because Tana has a low key middle age crisis going on in character. He was the ace, but not anymore. He's in denial about it. So, he switches the music, joins up with a popular lower card group, celebrates winning the NEVER tag titles like he won the IWGP championship, and acts just a little off.

Yeah, something is really weird going on there

Like heel Tana is legit an out of nowhere thing they can bop out if they wanna pull that trigger

Also GO ACE is the best song

Anth0ny

I asked my relatives in Italy if they have WWE or wrestling

They laughed in my face and keep saying È cazzo falso!! È cazzo falso!!!!!!!

I'm on holiday right in the middle of the G1, feels weird not watching the whole thing live (which is weird in itself, as this is only the 5th year we've been able to watch it all live). Hopefully having a break in the middle won't burn me out quite as much this year haha.

I'm on holiday right in the middle of the G1, feels weird not watching the whole thing live (which is weird in itself, as this is only the 5th year we've been able to watch it all live). Hopefully having a break in the middle won't burn me out quite as much this year haha.

BUT WHO WILL GIF?

Precisely, hence why him winning the IC belt was such a huge deal, although it really was because Naito had run his course with it and there really wasn't anyone else who could really take it.

Menome

Great balls will have one good match if lesnar feels like trying

I dunno, I think it could have a few good or at least entertaining for the wrong reasons matches:

Joe/Lesnar
Hardys/Sheamus+Cesaro
Reigns/Strowman
Banks/Bliss
Neville/Tozawa

As for the rest: Miz/Ambrose will probably be solid but unspectacular, Enzo/Cass will be Make Cass Look Strong, and the dud of the night is likely going to be Rollins/Wyatt.

Don't worry Boots, I'll handle the OT. I too am going on Vacation in the middle of the G1, but I'll have internet access so it'll be fine :)

I usually get up around 6:30 AM to just catch the tournament matches, I usually skip the undercard.

Foggy

I like New Japan but there are so many pointless tag matches that I usually just skip nowadays. Plus NJPW doesn't have the in ring segments that wwe has, while not often that good brings some variety in the show.. I feel like if I watched NJPW alone I'd get burnt out a lot quicker than watching both wwe and NJPW. Like I like the G1 Climax as much as anyone but once it's over I'm glad they take like a break because I couldn't watch any more.

Sports entertainment is a poison that you must cleanse yourself of

Foggy

Bayley as a professional wrestler is like John Wayne as an actor. In the right hands and in the right circumstances they can be special, but otherwise they're hokey trash.

Top Bottom