• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Anth0ny

I dunno, I think it could have a few good or at least entertaining for the wrong reasons matches:

Joe/Lesnar
Hardys/Sheamus+Cesaro
Reigns/Strowman
Banks/Bliss
Neville/Tozawa

As for the rest: Miz/Ambrose will probably be solid but unspectacular, Enzo/Cass will be Make Cass Look Strong, and the dud of the night is likely going to be Rollins/Wyatt.

It's all the same old shit and nothing means anything. Impossible to get invested into those matches, no matter the work rate. Besides Joe/Lesnar which might actually be sick.

New Japan is basically everything I want in a wrestling show in 2017, and the antithesis of WWE.

Heroman

Banned
The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday, I was flying home wearing my Njpw track suit and while I was exiting the gate area a worker asked me if I was a njpw wreslter. I said no but the guy ask me where can he watch the matches.

Egg0

Banned
Pretty salty, but that would subside because there are many more tremendous wrestlers outside WWE that would get the spotlight.

Finally, Yujiro's time to shine.

tumblr_nl2o2wQD5g1tl23yuo4_400.gif

Guzim

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday, I was flying home wearing my Njpw track suit and while I was exiting the gate area a worker bad me if I was a njpw wreslter. I said no but the guy ask me where can he watch the matches.
Should have said yes and had him carry your bags.

I am intrigued seeing the old guard put in some pretty decent work to get new peeps over

Joe and Jinder would normally just be lost in the shuffle if not for Brock/Orton

The weirdest thing happened to me yesterday, I was flying home wearing my Njpw track suit and while I was exiting the gate area a worker bad me if I was a njpw wreslter. I said no but the guy ask me where can he watch the matches.

YOU WANT LUCHA LIBRE
YOU GO TO JAPAN

How salty would people be if Okada, Kenny and Young Bucks all join WWE?

I just can't see Okada leaving tbh, but I feel like the Bucks going to WWE is inevitable. Kenny's another matter, they'd really have to roll out the red carpet to sign him, I reckon.

As for how people would react, gaijins come and go and someone would fill the gaps left by The Elite, Okada leaving would be huge though and undo all the work NJPW have put in to making him the top guy (at the expense of others).

klonere

Banned
I just can't see Okada leaving tbh, but I feel like the Bucks going to WWE is inevitable. Kenny's another matter, they'd really have to roll out the red carpet to sign him, I reckon.

As for how people would react, gaijins come and go and someone would fill the gaps left by The Elite, Okada leaving would be huge though and undo all the work NJPW have put in to making him the top guy (at the expense of others).

I'd say the Bucks would head to WWE before the Hardy's decide to call it a day. I'm sure a full WWE feud between the two is something they almost couldn't turn down.

Bucks can go whenever they want but them having so many merch deals makes me think the deal would have to be Finn level

Okada will probably go at some point

I have no earthly idea what Omega wants to do

I can see Kenny and the Bucks going at some point. I would think though they would only go to WWE if they got an AJ deal where they skipped NXT and went right to the main roster.

Okada I can't see.The guy is making good money in NJPW and is also highly pushed there. There's no real reason for him to go to WWE.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You guys keep saying that AJ got a ton of money, Nak, Balor... so why are WWE paying these guys a ton of money to be glorified midcarders?

They could get those for much cheaper no?

Sasha Banks is coming to my country (New Zealand) to promote an event next week, last time they did that they sent Sheamus who was champ at the time. I wonder if Sasha is gonna win at the PPV this weekend?

I hope not, Alexa forever!!! <3

Seems weird they send a 'star' all the way here just for literally 1 promo event, I would have thought that's for the jobbers to do.

Heroman

Banned
Bucks can go whenever they want but them having so many merch deals makes me think the deal would have to be Finn level

Okada will probably go at some point

I have no earthly idea what Omega wants to do
Finn level? Bucks are making more money than Finn.

Sasha Banks is coming to my country (New Zealand) to promote an event next week, last time they did that they sent Sheamus who was champ at the time. I wonder if Sasha is gonna win at the PPV this weekend?

Seems weird they send a 'star' all the way here just for literally 1 promo event, I would have thought that's for the jobbers to do.

A jobber isn't going to be the ideal person you want promoting your product.

Egg0

Banned
You guys keep saying that AJ got a ton of money, Nak, Balor... so why are WWE paying these guys a ton of money to be glorified midcarders?

They could get those for much cheaper no?

I imagine its the "we don't want anyone else to have them" mentality.

You want to see winners

That's why Bayley's not there

don't worry i'm sure alexa will beat sasha clean as a whistle in five minutes

They only do like 1 show every 2-3 years in NZ, too bad they haven't come to my city since like 2006. >_>

The shows here are full of kids, so many kids, Roman is gonna get a huuuge pop.

I'd mark the f**k out for Alexa or Cesaro (its a Raw tour) though so I don't blame em for liking who they like.

And the beauty of NJPW is that they have redundancy.

Cena goes down, Brock won't resign, and Roman gets popped again? WELP, WWE. I hope you enjoy Bray Wyatt, Randy Orton, and Jinder Mahal because the bench is empty.

Okada, Bucks, and Omega leave? Time to finally pull the trigger on SANADA. Give Naito a longer run. Maybe Tanahashi gets one more run to bide some time. Maybe even give Ibushi a run. If desperate, maybe a nostalgia run with Goto, Suzuki, Nagata, or Kojima.

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression).
Talked to Seth about his in-ring changes. He said he tries to be like Austin
Feels comfy talking to Vince (would go to HHH first but he said she needed good relationship with Vince)
The Corey interview was a step back, like she was starting all over again
Just wants to wrestle, doesn't need to always be in title picture
Wants to wrestle till 35. Wants to open school someday (really enjoys teaching)

Recall

Watch RAW every week because they are fucking idiots.

Better people who jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the moment, then move on than those who convince themselves that they aren't wasting 10's of hours every week on utter trash.

Waiting for a product to get better that has shown it has no ability to do so. The last 16 years have proven it but yes, let's point at and mock those who are enjoying the moment even just half heartedly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean like we don't what either the bucks or Finn's makes so either statement could be true .

e.g. you made it up but presented it as a fact because you love NJPW and want to convince people its just as financially lucrative as WWE for whatever reason

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression).
Talked to Seth about his in-ring changes. He said he tries to be like Austin
Feels comfy talking to Vince (would go to HHH first but he said she needed good relationship with Vince)
The Corey interview was a step back, like she was starting all over again
Just wants to wrestle, doesn't need to always be in title picture
Wants to wrestle till 35. Wants to open school someday (really enjoys teaching)
11514-animated_gifchat8etf.gif

Heroman

Banned
e.g. you made it up but presented it as a fact because you love NJPW and want to convince people its just as financially lucrative as WWE for whatever reason

Bucks don't make their money just of the NJPW and Roh contract, they make it off of the crazy merch sales and Indy dates. Dave did it all the time , there are guy on that secne who makes a alot of WWE money and the bucks are on that top of that list.

Top Bottom