• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Tall4Life

Watch RAW every week because they are fucking idiots.

Better people who jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the moment, then move on than those who convince themselves that they aren't wasting 10's of hours every week on utter trash.

Waiting for a product to get better that has shown it has no ability to do so. The last 16 years have proven it but yes, let's point at and mock those who are enjoying the moment even just half heartedly.

Dog i'm shitposting, I love NJPW, I just thought it was a funny pic

Foggy

19601072_1122293741247979_641272102573902900_n.jpg

This is pretty spicy, but I think it could easily get spicier

Luschient

Hmm, still a ton of tix left for GBOF. Tempted to go since it's just a few minutes away.

Dem $700 ringside seats tho'! What type of human pays that type of money for a WWE ppv?

Spuck-uk

Banned
Let's talk abut joshi in general. I recently discovered Manami Katsu, she's real good and there's a sense of "no fuck's given" to the way she connects with her moves;

xkJR2J3.gif

XULGKv8.gif

Also, dat Polish Hammer to the face;

zKw72sp.gif

LTTP and new to the thread, but monster female wrestlers of the Aja Kong type are freaking awesome.

Also David Finlay looks identical to my drunk northern irish mate to the point where I had to ask to make sure it wasn't him.

Watch RAW every week because they are fucking idiots.

Better people who jump on the bandwagon and enjoy the moment, then move on than those who convince themselves that they aren't wasting 10's of hours every week on utter trash.

Waiting for a product to get better that has shown it has no ability to do so. The last 16 years have proven it but yes, let's point at and mock those who are enjoying the moment even just half heartedly.

I'm assuming (hoping) that pic was posted as a joke and not as a serious thing.

The whole insular "not a real fan" bullshit is the worst, whether it be in video games, sports, or even fake sports.

Hmm, still a ton of tix left for GBOF. Tempted to go since it's just a few minutes away.

Dem $700 ringside seats tho'! What type of human pays that type of money for a WWE ppv?

tattoo4_ct620x465.jpg

Tall4Life

Now:
Omega
Okada
Naito
Zack Sabre Jr (I'm British, allow it)
AJ Styles

All Time:
Bret Hart
Mitsuhara Misawa
Kenta Kobashi
Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels

Notable omission from the current roster:
Shibata :(
Ok, jokes aside, who is your actual favorite wrestler and why is it Roman "The Big Dog" "The Main Event" Reigns?

Notes from Bayley's podcast with Austin:

Feels she's in a weird spot in her career and it's time to evolve. Thinking about changing both look and in-ring (aggression).

So she's gonna end up dumping the gimmick that got her over, lose what made her unique and different and just become another face on the roster?

Yep, sounds like an NXT call-up if I ever heard one.

So she's gonna end up dumping the gimmick that got her over, lose what made her unique and different and just become another face on the roster?

Yep, sounds like an NXT call-up if I ever heard one.

It's kinda weird that she doesn't seem to get why it's not working. It has nothing to do with her being aggressive, rather the fact she's petty and petulant. Even talking about the kendo stick match she mentioned not getting the stick because of her character being an issue, when that was hardly part of the match and had nothing to do with why it was shite.

Her characters in a weird place because she was more aggressive in NXT than on the main roster. She just wasn't doing it by attacking people from behind, throwing strops and being seemingly clueless. Becky's much more like Bayley's NXT character and she's still hugely over, the issue isn't that her gimmick hasn't changed, it's that it's changed for the worse.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So Kairi Hojo is keeping the Pirate theme and the elbow drop? Interesting.

Jerm411

The answer is no.

It is always hardest to go back after each G1. Especially the last two. I expect people to really struggle after this one.

After binge watching a bunch this weekend (only recently got seriously into NJPW), including both Long Beach shows, it's damn near impossible for me.

It's just such night and day....ask me 6 months ago and I would've killed for Brock/Joe and now I could care less....I'm just ready for the G1.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The whole she has to drop the elbow drop thing sounded like nonsense from day one.

I mean, right? Why would you make her stop doing a totally baller move because Bayley uses it as a random transitional move in matches where she jobs.

they elbow stuff was all so contrarians can whinefap about how much they hate bayley
I think what holds Cody back the most is he pulls his strikes too much. Weak dropkick lovetap, weak clothesline feathering over you...gunshy dude need to ucking send one sometime.

I thought his rainmaker looked pretty good
more than okada's in that match

about to start gwf

Angry Grimace

Is the elbow drop thing new news? She said recently she wasn't sure she'd be allowed to.

I mean, the WWE article both calls her the Pirate Princess and mentions her elbow drop. I don't think even the random copy guys would mention a move she isn't allowed to do.

Foggy

I mean, the WWE article both calls her the Pirate Princess and mentions her elbow drop. I don't think even the random copy guys would mention a move she isn't allowed to do.

That's at least good to hear. Maybe Bayley's crash and burn softened whoever made the decision.

Foggy

Or maybe there was never a ban in place to begin with?

We're dealing with the braintrust of the WWE, is it really inconceivable?

Besides, multiple people from Meltzer to people at Stardom who knew Kairi confirmed that it's what she was told.

Now:
Omega
Okada
Naito
Zack Sabre Jr (I'm British, allow it)
AJ Styles

All Time:
Bret Hart
Mitsuhara Misawa
Kenta Kobashi
Ric Flair
Shawn Michaels

Notable omission from the current roster:
Shibata :(
anigif_enhanced-1032-1430800704-4.gif

According to Satin, WWE won't use Summer Rae in an authority figure role because she's too tall.
Good fucking lord if true.
This fucking company lol
I mean, right? Why would *WWE do stupid thing*
tenor.gif

It only occurred to me 10 minutes ago that I have no idea what happened on Raw past the 30 minutes I saw live, and I'm okay with that.

Raw is currently best digested exclusively through youtube highlights and PPV events anyay.

I can't wait for hojo "Matey, tis yer life " segment on raw next year.

"most households had good children who worked hard and respected their parents but Hojo would dishonour hers by racing home to catch Raw and Smackdown, baka!"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wound up having an anxiety attack while I was in bed last night. First one since December when all this stuff started. Worried I messed myself up somewhere along the way but I'm staying focused on my upper back and neck.

Still having the same issues I had 7 months ago but some have lessened and some have gone away. But still feel a ways away from recovery. My physical therapist thinks its my neck and upper back causing it. My blood pressure has been regularly down so thats not a concern anymore.

Top Bottom