• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sephzilla

"WWE 2k18 has a revamped graphics engine"

*Proceeds to show zero screenshots of WWE 2k18*

I'm not getting fooled by Yuke's carny bullshit

Hasney

"Presentation was one of the key areas that the developers--a collaboration between Visual Concepts and Yuke's--wanted to focus on. For starters, WWE 2K18 will feature an updated graphics engine, which the developers claim went through a substantial rewriting process over the last two years."

Still no video yet it's only 3 months out

WWE 2K18 brings in Michael Cole, Byron Saxton, and Corey Graves as the lead commentators. To give it a more organic feel, the three commentators were given extra time to work, and also had the chance to perform in the same room as their co-commentators to lend the recording process more of a natural feel.

They said they were in the same room last year and it was still shit

Along with the expanded My Career comes new changes to the core gameplay. In addition to Promo Engine 2.0

Can't wait to see what shit they say this year!

Moreover, there will be many different options to play around with, including mixed-gender wrestling and other options such as interactive items and win conditions, which can be added in the new create-a-match feature

Hey, re-adding options as new things again!

One area the developers were aware was a bit too complicated was the core grappling and submissions system. To remedy this, key parts of the submission system have been reworked and overhauled entirely, making it easier to learn and use. In addition to an overhauled dragging system (the technique of using opponent's' momentum against them), a new carrying system has been introduced, which allows players to pick up their opponents, leading to a variety of different moves like power bombs, cradles, and environmental moves

What is this, SD V Raw 2006? It should be good, but it wasn't done well back then...

Zach

Don't I remember seeing a post that quoted like 10 years of these Smackdown/2K previews where dudes say the same thing every year?

It is literally always a crummy game. Even that Here Comes the Pain junk people pretend to like.

Jamie OD

"One area which they acknowledge wasn't up to par in 2K17 was the in-game commentary, which is also being overhauled."

No shit

Also only a few months away and still no gameplay? Hmmm

There should be a bingo card of all the things they promise to fix year after year because that's one of them.

Hasney

Because of this, the WWE Universe mode in 2K18--which is a simulation of the televised WWE schedule--has evolved out of the static storytelling of its predecessors. Moving away from the format of one pay-per-view every four weeks of live-shows from previous years, the general progression in 2K18's changes to Universe mode intends to be much more fluid and organiC, featuring a lot of surprises to match the current pace of WWE's TV and PPV schedule.

YOU �� SAY �� THAT �� EVERY �� YEAR

Just watched the rap battle.

Usos and Xaiver were incredible.

p4LTt67RO0.gif

No King or JBL on commentary is legit something though.
Yup, I'm remaining positive unlike the others. Also it's funny I was talking about smackdown 3 having 8 man battles a few hours ago and how great that was, here we are now with it finally coming back. You're welcome everyone.

shaowebb

REVAMPED GRAPHICS ENGINE!

Get hyped!

This is it. This is the year. They wouldn't lie to us.

Forget graphics. Fix the gameplay already. Punch Kick punch kick fish for running attacks is all this and smackdown games have ever been. Its like it punishes you for wanting to wrestle in a wrestling game because strikes come out faster and knockdowns into stomps to ruin someone's health for the remainder of the match are the only tactics that mean anything.

Fuck that series. Fire Pro all the way. Grappling games where your encouraged to grapple. That one core difference is why the No Mercy crowd has always been so vocal IMO. It was a series that encouraged grappling over striking too. Thats the biggest thing wrestling games should do and they just stopped 17 years ago like idiots after their titles were once one of the top titles to look forward too during their console gens.

Cagey

Banned
So the lady and I marathoned through GLOW and then watched the GLOW Documentary. Fun times.

After having enjoyed the show and finding the characters on fictionalized GLOW and then the real GLOW to be funny and entertaining, she asked afterward why wrestling doesn't have such obvious characters like GLOW besides people like Carmella and Rusev and the Wyatt guys (note: not an exhaustive list of WWE wrestlers).

I tended to agree. Too many generic fucks whose character seems to be "I wrestle because I went to wrestling school and its a good paying job". That's the sort of thing that explains careers for people who went to law school or business school or journalism school, but not pro wrasslers.

For example, Seth Rollins's character is "my 1040 lists 'Professional Wrestler' as my occupation". But don't confuse this with Malenko or Benoit: the character isn't "I'm boring and serious because I'm super awesome at wrestling", it's just "this pays the bills, otherwise I could go do real estate, I dunno, cheer me?" Even calling it a character is charitable. It's more of a void.

80s-style presentation in 2017 will inevitably be treated as a tongue-in-cheek parody, and I'm not advocating for everyone (Styles, Joe, Lesnar, Neville, Finn, Owens, etc.) to become cartoons, but more Fashion Police and more Rusev & Jinder and more Drifter please.

Raw64life

Bought SvR2010 and 2K13. Didn't pay more than $30 for either. Disappointed both times. Only WWE games I've bought in the last 10 years. Series is such complete and utter trash and has been for ages now.

WWE 2K18 will feature an updated graphics engine, which the developers claim went through a substantial rewriting process over the last two years.

How about rewriting the gameplay engine? Like, all of it for example. Nope, still programming code from the 20th fucking century in there.

Well I'm excited for 2k18, I have fun with it and I am excited to see the updates to Career mode. My main issue was that career mode was way slow. If "Sprawling" is what they want to call that then fine but im glad they are trying to
Roman
reign
s
it in.

The 2k games are glitchy as fuck and Jekyll/Hyde when it comes to graphics but I have fun with them every year so I continue to be part of the problem. I put on good matches during single player without much problems.

Top Bottom