• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Beefy

Now that Beefy has made it to 5-0 I'm now officially worried he might hit 10-0 and walk out with the belt.

BEEFY DONT READ THIS

If he gets to 9, use your authority to make an elination chamber and put him in first.

Elimination Chamber? Shit, if Beefy goes to 9-0 we're going bigger

royalrumble.png

Friend and brother are just fine. I hate it when random people call me boss.

It's always people you don't know as well. What's up with that?

Hasney

Fully read that Gamestop article and this is hilarious to me:

From the technical demo we saw, which unfortunately featured the new lighting and post-processing effects paired with older character models from 2K17, the game does look noticeably improved over the last title.

Are they saying they don't have 2-8 character models ready for a tech demo 3 months away from release?

Current:

1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Kazuchika Okada
3. Los Ingobernables de Japon
4. Kenny Omega
5. #CCK

All-time:

1. Terry Funk
2. Jumbo Tsuruta
3. Harley Race
4. Kenta Kobashi
5. Jushin Liger

No one asked, but I don't give a good god damn, frientendos.

Zach

Current:

1. Tomohiro Eesheee
2. Kazuchika Otaco
3. Los Ingobernables de Japon - Cheatery.
4. Kenny OMAGA - Sad!
5. #CUCK - Sounds about right.

All-time:

1. Terry Funk - Isn't this Dato's favorite? I thought you guys were nemeses?? Have I been wurked?!
2. Jumbo Tsuruta - Dumbo Jumbo.
3. Harley Race - Vader's manager?!
4. Kenta Kobashi - Nobashi.
5. Jushin Luger

^

Foggy

This was at least 5 years ago, but I saw a match in DREAM where each round had a different set of rules. The first round was like kickboxing, then the 2nd round was grappling, and the last round was MMA rules.

It might've been an exhibition match, but boy was it weird.

It was amazing, Shinya Aoki got knocked out by a kickboxing cosplayer jobber. It was a pretty spectacular comeuppance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0UkLJlqPT0

Shinya kept flopping during the first portion which was kickboxing since it technically wasn't illegal, just so in the 2nd round with mma rules he could drag him to the ground and quickly submit him. Things didn't go according to plan...

Current Fave 5

1. Cesaro
2. Brock
3. ZSJ
4. Matt Riddle
5. Okada

Pre-G1 Fave Five
1. Zack Sabre Jr.
2. Matt Riddle
3. Shuji Ishikawa
4. Keith Lee
5. Trent Barretta

Seeing Sabre and Riddle live regularly is a treat.

The Big Dog of Puroresu is the real deal.

Barretta is low-key having a great year, but he's not going to get recognition because he's not blowing the world away with 6* matches.

Current:

1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Kazuchika Okada
4. Kenny Omega
5. #CCK

My list is pretty similar.

1. Ishii
2. Omega
3. LIJ
4. KUSHIDA
5. Okada

KUSHIDA's probably my favorite wrestler today. Still has the best punch ever. #MasahiroTanaka

punch.gif

My new top five

1.Okada
2. Omega
3. Ishii
4. Naito
5. KUSHIDA

I swear I made my post without having seen yours lmao

I still believe Omega vs Kushida at WK 10 is a badly overlooked match because of the last few matches. It was fucking awesome.

It is also cheating to list LIJ as one entry~

Current:

1. Tomohiro Ishii
2. Kazuchika Okada
4. Kenny Omega
5. #CCK

All-time:

1. Terry Funk
2. Jumbo Tsuruta
3. Harley Race
4. Kenta Kobashi
5. Jushin Liger

You have a faction and a tag team on your list!

Foggy

Pre-G1 Fave Five
1. Zack Sabre Jr.
2. Matt Riddle
3. Shuji Ishikawa
4. Keith Lee
5. Trent Barretta

Seeing Sabre and Riddle live regularly is a treat.

The Big Dog of Puroresu is the real deal.

Barretta is low-key having a great year, but he's not going to get recognition because he's not blowing the world away with 6* matches.

giphy.gif

What's going to happen with Rocky Romero now that RPG Vice is done, though? I wish Beretta all the success in the world in his singles run.

Forget graphics. Fix the gameplay already. Punch Kick punch kick fish for running attacks is all this and smackdown games have ever been. Its like it punishes you for wanting to wrestle in a wrestling game because strikes come out faster and knockdowns into stomps to ruin someone's health for the remainder of the match are the only tactics that mean anything.

Fuck that series. Fire Pro all the way. Grappling games where your encouraged to grapple. That one core difference is why the No Mercy crowd has always been so vocal IMO. It was a series that encouraged grappling over striking too. Thats the biggest thing wrestling games should do and they just stopped 17 years ago like idiots after their titles were once one of the top titles to look forward too during their console gens.

Contract Aki, update No mercy's graphics and speed it up. BAM. Best wrestling game ever, almost 20 years later.

Seriously, Ishikawa looks like a monster in All Japan and a dangerous, lovable goof in DDT.

Let's see a guy who pretends to be the Big Dog have that kind of range.

Egg0

Banned
What's going to happen with Rocky Romero now that RPG Vice is done, though? I wish Beretta all the success in the world in his singles run.

Someone said that Rocky has an NXT coaching gig lined up. I remember reading about this a year ago, but who knows.

I nearly got attacked by a maniac in the city the other night. He ran across the road toward me screaming then started kicking garbage out of a bin then started kicking the bin trying to tear the metal off the sides.

Since Pikma abandoned us I didnt have the resolve to shoot on him on the spot so I went inside and walked up the stairs. If he chased me up the stairs I planned to just kick him in the head since I had the height advantage.

It was a pretty horrible experience.

1. Terry Funk - Isn't this Dato's favorite? I thought you guys were nemeses?? Have I been wurked?!

We actually agree on a bunch of things. Like, I'm pretty sure he'd agree with me that Nick Bockwinkel is the man. Also, Jumbo is better than all your faves, goddamnit.

You have a faction and a tag team on your list!

Don't make me CHOOSE!

Not exactly sure, but Beretta did ask him "are you my Gedo now?" lol. I'd like to see Rocky get another singles run in the Jr. division, maybe bring back the Black Tiger gimmick for a while - but, there's talk of him having a deal to become a trainer at NXT lined up.

I remeber talk of Rocky going to be a trainer at NXT maybe even two years ago now. Apparently Trent might be working Evolve too and that could cause conflict with them as a tag in ROH.

Zach

Oh, hey, my brother nearly blew his hand off lighting fireworks last night. Ended up with second degree burnz. Hilarious because he's a cop now, and taught some hand grenade thing in the military just a couple years ago. I'm sure they're going to give him a lot of crap when he calls in and explains the situation today. >_>

Top Bottom