• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
While that looks awesome, I have no hope of playing it.

I think really the closest we'll get is the Def Jam games from the PS2. It's between that and WWE All Stars.

You can run it on an arcade emulator, Fightcade even has online play for it.

Universe mode in 2k should make the matches about hitting specific spots and putting on a good performance. It wouldn't be that hard to integrate either. Let us book finishes.
That’s what the entire game needs to be. Stop pretending it’s a fighting game and make it more like a rhythm game/QTE thing where you go in with spots to hit and a story to tell, then call the in between spots on the fly and have whatever input system to play them out. Then you get a grade at the end.

Hasney

That's what the entire game needs to be. Stop pretending it's a fighting game and make it more like a rhythm game/QTE thing where you go in with spots to hit and a story to tell, then call the in between spots on the fly and have whatever input system to play them out. Then you get a grade at the end.

I mean, Fire Pro is doing both in their online mode. A mode for people who want to put on a match and those that want to play to win. Shouldn't be too hard.

Kaladin

That’s what the entire game needs to be. Stop pretending it’s a fighting game and make it more like a rhythm game/QTE thing where you go in with spots to hit and a story to tell, then call the in between spots on the fly and have whatever input system to play them out. Then you get a grade at the end.

They tried this one year with their story mode, exactly this. You worked to a planned QTE that you had to complete. It was boring as fuck.

AJPW feat. Virtua on the Saturn had the best system for 'worked matches' - namely, you didn't get access to the upper tiers of your move-set until you'd taken significant damage, encouraging you to allow the opponent to get offence in. Plus, the crowd reaction determined whether you could hit your finish or not - if a match was too one-sided or too repetitive, the crowd would turn on you.

AJPW feat. Virtua on the Saturn had the best system for 'worked matches' - namely, you didn't get access to the upper tiers of your move-set until you'd taken significant damage, encouraging you to allow the opponent to get offence in. Plus, the crowd reaction determined whether you could hit your finish or not - if a match was too one-sided or too repetitive, the crowd would turn on you.

Damn. That's a pretty good idea. Some of that could become tedious though.

Zach

That's really weird and fun. I need to hear Data West's side of the story, though.

Hasney

I'll see you in court.

The People's Court.

As a people, I find Seph:

PWAA_notguilty.gif

I support The Authority

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I want this game so much. I made a thread about it on gaming side a long time avo actually. That is my dream wrestling game.

BFIB

I'd like a wrestling game that I can actually build the match. As in, create the entire match, from the moves, to the spots, finish, etc. then watch it play out.

They tried this one year with their story mode, exactly this. You worked to a planned QTE that you had to complete. It was boring as fuck.
Not just the finish though - the entire match. Imagine basically a rhythm game, but instead of picking a song you pick a wrestling match. Then you put on a performance, but with more room for improvisation than a fixed start to finish song, and then get a grade. Big Dave pops up and gives you a star rating.

I'd like a wrestling game that I can actually build the match. As in, create the entire match, from the moves, to the spots, finish, etc. then watch it play out.

Yup. I would like to see that too. It would be huge for youtubers if they brought back Create-A-Story along with a feature like that. You could book the whole damn thing.

They were really dumb to take out CA-Story because it was getting big in the streaming scene for a while. We still have some choice GIFs from the glory days of VGCW.

The Yukes Showcase mode already gives you spots to hit. You could have randomly generated ones for Universe matches. If you fail the wrestler's rating goes down. There are lots of ways to do it.

Tagyhag

Watching some Here Comes the Pain footage, and it still looks good.

Especially the way it moves, it's so fast and impactful.

What happened Yuke's? You used to be so good.

Zach

I like your weird ideas for wrassle games. I would try them all. Too bad it ain't happening, Jack!

Unless, you know, it's some indie game or something.

As a people, I find Seph:

PWAA_notguilty.gif

I support The Authority

As people, I'll handle the appeal.

Still not guilty, the Authority wins again.

Edit: The new WWE2K details sound amazing if you just ignore the fact that the games have been shit for years. 8 PEOPLE IN THE RING!

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Not just the finish though - the entire match. Imagine basically a rhythm game, but instead of picking a song you pick a wrestling match. Then you put on a performance, but with more room for improvisation than a fixed start to finish song, and then get a grade. Big Dave pops up and gives you a star rating.
It shouldn't be just about that specific match either. It should be about the overall story you're telling in a feud and the development of your character. Like, if you're in a feud with someone and you do a specific big spot in your first match, you cant rely on that again in your second match and expect another 5 star match. If you spam kick outs of finishers in one match, the crowd will react to a kickout less in the next etc.

Hasney

Is yukes going to bring the story creator back?

Want giant bomb to have some fun

They can only bring back 2 new features per edition and pretend they're new. You'll have to wait for next year, or the year after, or the year after, or the year after

No more after that though #5years

Holy shit, the commentary team for 2k18 is Cole, Graves and Saxton. Hearing the "Shut up Byron" voice line 10 times a match will be fun.

Also, mixed-gender wrestling?

VP0vTTf.jpg

Hasney

Holy shit, the commentary team for 2k18 is Cole, Graves and Saxton. Hearing the "Shut up Byron" voice line 10 times a match will be fun.

Also, mixed-gender wrestling?

VP0vTTf.jpg

By mixed-gender, I'm assuming it means mixed tags are back and they re-enabled the option. The one where it's an instant DQ if you hit the woman with a guy. it was still in the background of the current games and you could enable it on PC like you can with Special Guest Ref. I mean, fuck, at least make special ref selectable.

By mixed-gender, I'm assuming it means mixed tags are back and they re-enabled the option. The one where it's an instant DQ if you hit the woman with a guy. it was still in the background of the current games and you could enable it on PC like you can with Special Guest Ref. I mean, fuck, at least make special ref selectable.

How the fuck does this game not have Special Guest refs. Damn missing "features"

Watching some Here Comes the Pain footage, and it still looks good.

Especially the way it moves, it's so fast and impactful.

What happened Yuke's? You used to be so good.

HHH and Vince told them they didn't need to put in effort and 1.5 mil fans would still be there no matter what

Can't say they weren't right unfortunately

Mixed gender tags without actual mixed gender action might be the dumbest thing

Like don't even bother if you aren't doing it right

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I really hated it in one of the PS2 SvR games, I think it was 2007, where you could do mixed gender matches, but if you played as a woman you were at such a disadvantage and you basically couldn't do fuck all to the male wrestler. It was so unfair and stupid.

I would love the option just to see stuff like Zach's copy of the game where Bayley beats Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar in the same night to unite the two big titles.

Kaladin

My local newspaper has an article "Triple H observes July 4, anniversary". I had to read the article to know it was talking about Triple H Mobile Home Parts and not the wrestler.

So I don't know if it's fake or not, but it looked like there were things you couldn't do in the create an arena for 2k17. I think in 2k18 for the Seth Rollins story mode they're going to have an ROH arena and ROH versions of people in the game like Bryan Danielson, El Generico, ect.

LOL not when WWE is scared shitless of getting sued.

Top Bottom