• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fire Pro on GBA had Audience Mode where you had to structure your match a certain way depending on the style

King of Colosseum 2 had this

KoC 2 was a much better Spike game than any Fire Pro. They should make that instead. I mean I figured with Okada being such a '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''draw'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Kidani would fund a new KoC 3 and sell millions

Hasney

Handshake.gif

Fire Pro and TEW are all you need.

Maybe Wrestling Revolution for something utterly stupid

https://youtu.be/xgSqrrJWkl4?t=3h12m24s

It was pretty good at G1 Special Night 2, friend.

It was great but for the sake of the joke, I had to say that.

Also I feel like they couldn't really give it their all in that match because naturally, Ishii had to wrestle another match that same night. So it'll be fun to see them go at it with no "restrictions".

KoC 2 was a much better Spike game than any Fire Pro. They should make that instead. I mean I figured with Okada being such a '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''draw'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' Kidani would fund a new KoC 3 and sell millions

KoC 3, but it'll be a mobile game full of IAP's because Japan hates console gaming now.

Progress Gaf : has anyone watched Chapter 50 yet? Think I might fire that up tonight.

I was there live, CCK vs BSS was all kinds of amazing. Dunne's match and KLR vs Toni Storm were great as well, fun show.

A new King of Colosseum game ever being made and only being mobile-exclusive or Switch-exclusive is basically my only game-related nightmare left, aside from maybe "Kingdom Hearts 3 coming out on the PS5" but at least that one I'm getting less fearful of
because that game's never coming out period

Mahonay

Banned
Had a really nice 4th of July in my new hood, Crown Heights. Just relaxed at home and had some Korean BBQ. Then we went up to our roof and watched the fireworks (you fan see Manhattan from the roof) with our next door neighbors. You could also see all of the local illegal fireworks going off around us. Then afterwards the neighbors set off their own insane fire works display right over us which was awesome. Weather was perfect too, beautiful night. Didn't even drink.

Still no fucking internet in our building. Heard someone else moving in this morning. Maybe when there's more complaints they'll move quicker.

I finally got around to watching One Punch Man with my downtime. I didn't know much about it going in, fucking loved it.

jmdajr

Life comes at you fast, and then you're old and lame.

And I'm not even talking 80s bands. Stuff from the early 2000s.

00s are weird man. It's like not even a real era, stuff just happened.

edit: See the thing about old music, tunes you grew up with, they always resonate because it takes you back to a time and place.

New music takes me where? My desk at work? Certainly not the same.

klonere

Banned
Have you watched Ishikawa vs. Jake Lee from the 6/11 AJPW show?

Awesome match.

I have, it was very very good.

I still have a mental block with Lee though. Even though I recognize he has improved and put on a few good to great matches recently, I still think he's a geeeek.

That sudden realisation that the kiddies today haven't actually had the chance to experience a good wrestling game.
Just imagine the poor bastards whose idea of fond nostalgia is a turd like SDvsRaw 2008.

Mahonay

Banned
That sudden realisation that the kiddies today haven't actually had the chance to experience a good wrestling game.
Just imagine the poor bastards whose idea of fond nostalgia is a turd like SDvsRaw 2008.
I think for one of the guys on the Attitude Era Podcast that IS one his favorite wrestling games. He's younger and didn't get into wrestling until he was 14.

Recall

There are adults I work with who's first taste of wrestling as a kid was 2006 WWE. Just utter trash yet it still hooked them as 7-8 year olds.

Supposedly the Boogeyman was terrifying for them.

Mahonay

Banned
There are adults I work with who's first taste of wrestling as a kid was 2006 WWE. Just utter trash yet it still hooked them as 7-8 year olds.

It boggles my mind that supposedly little kids get pretty scared by Bray Wyatt.

Wonder what they think of Joe. Motherfucker has been coming off like a serial killer lately.

I got into wrassle in 2005 (I was starting 6th grade)

Previous experience was playing the demo for WWF Warzone on PS1 but that was about it

I liked the product at the time decently enough but I got into ECW DVDs they were putting out and my tastes skewed towards that sort of thing, started watching TNA and got into that indie hotness

ECW is a lot better to look back on when you're watching hand picked "best ofs", I tried to go back and watch the full programming on the network and ehhhhhhhh (especially without music).

But it was a pretty quick leap between "this is a fun product" and "it used to be better". I think I had the benefit of being younger and having more patience at the time but the Cena stuff especially just sucked the interest out of it

I'm scared of Bray Wyatt, gives me chills knowing that he's gonna job after all that big nonsense talk.

Friend Owl...we're old. We're the last era of a dying breed.
So we protect our spot by burying the new breed correct?

Some kids first wrasslin game will be a 2K one.
I remember thinking the sun may finally shine through the dark clouds with 2K...it did not.

I think for one of the guys on the Attitude Era Podcast that IS one his favorite wrestling games. He's younger and didn't get into wrestling until he was 14.
I can't deal with that, 08 was the defining moment when the franchise truly lost itself into becoming an absolute mess with 06 being the last hurrah.

Oddly 2006 was a brief moment where lapsed friends of mine who hadn't watched since the attitude era took a brief renewed interest in the product, until they of course all quickly realised it wasn't worth it.
New DX was a draw brother.

I have, it was very very good.

I still have a mental block with Lee though. Even though I recognize he has improved and put on a few good to great matches recently, I still think he's a geeeek.

He had great matches with great wrestlers in Miyahara and Ishikawa. Can he have a good, not great, match against The Bodyguard? Can he make a match against Sai or Omori interesting? It doesn't help that he's in a faction with Miyahara, so he looks less impressive by comparison.

In any case, you want a geek or a JAG, look no further than Daichi "D as in Disappointment" Hashimoto.

Sephzilla

Lol like almost immediately. I'm such a dumb ass for getting hyped after he won Elimination Chamber.

God that Mania match felt like the nail in the coffin.

And Vince is probably wondering why ratings are falling and why fans don't give a shit about most of the roster. BRAY WYATT AND RUSEV CAN TAKE A LOSS DAMNIT, ORTON NEEDS IS 13TH CHAMPIONSHIP REIGN

The Wyatt Family mystique disappeared a long time ago, even more so when his followers left, leaving Bray Wyatt to be this brainwashing preacher without a flock. Then for him to be fooled by Randy Orton, who has never been portrayed as anything remotely close to being some mental mastermind completely destroyed the character for me.

I haven't really been paying attention since 'Mania so no idea what they've done since then. I just don't feel he carries the same weight as Undertaker to keep his current character running for a long time. With that said, even Taker had a break to be a biker for a bit.

Sephzilla

The Wyatt Family mystique disappeared a long time ago, even more so when his followers left, leaving Bray Wyatt to be this brainwashing preacher without a flock. Then for him to be fooled by Randy Orton, who has never been portrayed as anything remotely close to being some mental mastermind completely destroyed the character for me.

I haven't really been paying attention since 'Mania so no idea what they've done since then. I just don't feel he carries the same weight as Undertaker to keep his current character running for a long time. With that said, even Taker had a break to be a biker for a bit.

Pretty much this. Bray could have been built up as a new era style Undertaker character but they completely undercut him at every opportunity.

Top Bottom