• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Mahonay

Banned
Yes. I'm not saying he shouldn't have won those matches and I'm not saying Bray couldn't have been booked to be a serious hreat and a big deal today. But honestly the idea of being a replacemwnt for Taker.....nobody is ever going to be a replacement for Taker.
Yes.

I mean just the general character roll.

Syder

Bray totally could have been the supernatural guy. He was so over. He should've beaten Cena but he definitely should've beaten Taker.

I think I'd prefer if WWE just acted like Cena never left whenever it's time for a promo of his. His I'm not a part timer when I am a part timer promos are the worst.

Really? All I remember is Taker kicking and punching Brock in the balls.

There was the gogoplatter into the middle finger finish in...Hell in a Cell? But yeah, I wouldn't consider any of those matches great, even the Mania one.
Hey, jabronie. You're thinking of The Slam, jabronie. Hell in a Cell was fucking awesome, jabronie.

Mahonay

Banned

There was the gogoplatter into the middle finger finish in...Hell in a Cell? But yeah, I wouldn't consider any of those matches great, even the Mania one.
The Mania match sucked, mostly because Takes was wrestling concussed for most of it.

The other two Brock matches were awesome. Don't know what the fuck you're talking about. They weren't 5 star classics but they were fun and felt really exciting. SoomahSlam match less so, but yeah.

Sephzilla

Taker should have never lost to Brock and Wyatt/Taker should have never happened because Sting Vs Taker should have happened.

I kind of think a Taker/Bray feud was always unnecessary because it's a situation where neither person comes out looking good

Hasney

Yeah, we should have had a worse match than Roman/Taker. Bring out the decrepit Sting to take on the crippled phenom.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Mania 30 was a garbage match but with a memorable ending because of the shock and I had no expectation going in to their Summerslam match. I was gripped from start to finish. It was a very exciting match and they told a good story, even if the finish fell a little flat. Their Hell in a Cell match was very good I thought.

Mahonay

Banned
Taker should have never lost to Brock and Wyatt/Taker should have never happened because Sting Vs Taker should have happened.

I kind of think a Taker/Bray feud was always unnecessary because it's a situation where neither person comes out looking good
BUT WCW LOST THE WAR. WWE WON. PLEASE DON'T FORGET. BUY THE NETWORK.

and yeah, that Taker/Bray feud was just straight dog shit as a whole.

GunBR

Bray loses all his feuds and keep doing the same promo every single week
And he still gets a huge pop everytime he show up

I can see why WWE are happy with him and will not change a single thing about how he's booked

Hey, jabronie. You're thinking of The Slam, jabronie. Hell in a Cell was fucking awesome, jabronie.

The middle finger spot was the GOOD finish. Hell in a Cell had them rip the cover off the ring, which is the corniest shit since Big Show pulled out that massive chair in the chairs match, and at least that was comical.

"THE CANVAS HAS BEEN TORN OFF AND THE BARE RING HAS BEEN EXPOSED." Give me a fucking break.

Disclaimer: I hate the Undertaker, fuck him. Glad he's done.

Sephzilla

Taker vs Sting would have been a much more compelling match than Roman vs Taker.

Say what you want about Trips but he carried Sting.

Nah, Trips couldn't carry that match on his own which is why the match needed run ins by half of the goddamn WWE Hall of Fame to make it interesting.

Kaladin

Hah, I stumbled across my old Photobucket account. In it are pictures from the night I went to Impact where Hogan and Bischoff took over.

AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle was the main event.

angleaj.jpg

Taker vs Sting would have been a much more compelling match than Roman vs Taker.

Nah, Trips couldn't carry that match on his own which is why the match needed run ins by half of the goddamn WWE Hall of Fame to make it interesting.

I liked that match when it was all said and done. But man, even as someone who only ever watched Nitro to see what Goldberg was doing, I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to ignore the fact that the NWO coming out to help Sting (without turning on him) was just wrong.

Sephzilla

Haitch vs Ambrose at Roadblock a couple years ago was pretty straight wasn't it?

Announce table fuckery was involved

I liked that match when it was all said and done. But man, even as someone who only ever watched Nitro to see what Goldberg was doing, I couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to ignore the fact that the NWO coming out to help Sting (without turning on him) was just wrong.

If anything it should have been Flair and the Horsemen coming out to save Sting in that match
and then Flair turns on Sting and helps HHH win

Syder

Nah HHH's matches are always the same formula, they always involve some announcer table spot and some other fuckery too. Guy can't have a straight match.
Despite the run-ins allowing more rest spots, he still carried the physical parts of that match. Not saying he carried him to a good match but Triple H pulled more than his own weight there.

Bray loses all his feuds and keep doing the same promo every single week
And he still gets a huge pop everytime he show up

I can see why WWE are happy with him and will not change a single thing about how he's booked

Bray's entrance probably gets a pop as people get to be part of the show with their phones. No real proof of this, just typing shit. The WWE audience isn't a real 'wrestling audience', they're a studio audience happy to see the actors appear at this point. It's a lot easier to just sit back and watch WWE TV as a traditional TV show that uses wrestling as the setting. To look at the wrestlers as characters, rather than professional wrestlers.

I mean, this is just my take on it, and how I get through watching WWE and enjoy it. Looking at anything else is just a waste of time - ratings, backstage, people's pushes etc.

Syder

I think a Sting v The Authority angle works if Sting was 10 years younger because that can be interesting and works with his character, and he could still feud with Taker.

If you know you're only getting a few matches out of ol' Sting, putting him up against Triple H and Seth Rollins is bonkers from a drawing perspective.

So you're telling me it's the same as every other Bray feud outside his ones with Bryan and the Shield as a unit?

Kaladin

You know, I'm curious what they do with Enzo and Cass going forward. Enzo has the charisma that can carry someone like him farther than he should be, and Cass is like watching paint dry, but is tall enough that he can probably get away with that for a bit.

I'm going to be forever salty that WWE finally had Taker and Sting on the same PPV and never had them fight.

"After the WCW went under, Sting just kinda vanished from the earth, all that time waiting for his opportunity to strike back. No one had seen Sting wrestle since then. NOBODY!"

Hex

Banned
I blame Stardust for my loss.
And of all people of COURSE it had to be fucking Cody.
Fucking Cody....

Habrá SANGRE!!! Te corto los cojones Y darles de comer caliente!!!!

Yo soy HEX
Yo soy tu muerte!
Yo soy CERO MIEDO

Kaladin

Cass and Enzo breaking up is a net loss for both guys. Also, the same is going to happen to the New Day if they break up ever.

I feel like Big E is the only one that will benefit from the end of New Day. He has a lot of upside whereas Kofi will go back to the Kofi clock and Xavier will job to the stars.

Top Bottom