• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Hex

Banned
Cass and Enzo breaking up is a net loss for both guys. Also, the same is going to happen to the New Day if they break up ever.

Yeah, with New Day one guy would go forward the others would vanish.
Or maybe a tag team would stay but then why break them up?
That is why all three have said if they break up or if one goes, all will walk.

Sephzilla

Big-E is the only guy who remotely has main event potential out of the three New Day members, but he has the whole "skin color" glass ceiling in WWE. Kofi and Xavier would revert back to being midcard fodder.

New Day are done at this point for me tbh. They've outstayed their welcome in their current form.

They need to go back to being heels

Kaladin

Big-E is the only guy who remotely has main event potential out of the three New Day members, but he has the whole "skin color" glass ceiling in WWE. Kofi and Xavier would revert back to being midcard fodder.

I feel like Big E could break that barrier if anyone could.

Mahonay

Banned
And then Enzo dumps Bayley because he can't stop fucking that fried chicken.

This leads to Bayley's heel turn.
wwe-kfc-thumb-500.jpg

Egg0

Banned
I thought I read somewhere that Kofi would retire after the New Day breakup.

Big E has the most upside from the breakup. Xavier could be a good manager.

Cass and Enzo breaking up is a net loss for both guys. Also, the same is going to happen to the New Day if they break up ever.

New Day have confirmed over and over that they'll retire before breaking up. Vince has been trying it for a while and he always backs down when they remind him about it + how much money they're making him. For better or worse, this version of Big E/Kofi/Xavier is what you're getting, with a slight variance depending on if they're heel/face.

I think we've officially crossed the point where tag teams breaking up so that one can be a scary tough heel is overplayed.

I bet they do it with Big E.

Sephzilla

I think we've officially crossed the point where tag teams breaking up so that one can be a scary tough heel is overplayed.

I bet they do it with Big E.

[Vince logic]

BUT SHAWN MICHEALS KICKING THAT OTHER GUY THROUGH THE BARBER SHOP WINDOW IS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE MOMENTS IN WWE HISTORY! WHY WOULDN'T FANS WANT THAT GREAT MOMENT REPLICATED FOR ALL ETERNITY? NOW EXCUSE ME WHILE I BOOK THE SUPERHERO SUPERSTAR VERSUS CORRUPT AUTHORITY ANGLE AGAIN, BECAUSE AUSTIN VERSUS ME WORKED AND KILLED WCW!

[/Vince logic]

I can only assume that WWE had plans for Sting vs Taker at some point but then Sting's injury and following retirement fucked that over.

Those original vignettes with the silhouette in the swamp house were originally for Sting, but he decided to re-sign with TNA at the last minute. So yeah, it could've happened when both guys could still go but Sting had to choose TNA.

Kaladin

my laptop just overheated from this hot take

Overused catch phrases that they hit every time, cringe inducing segments that try too hard to get their points across, overplaying their appeal to the younger audience to sell more merch......pretty much the same as Cena when he was main eventing every month.

Those original vignettes with the silhouette in the swamp house were originally for Sting, but he decided to re-sign with TNA at the last minute. So yeah, it could've happened when both guys could still go but Sting had to choose TNA.

Find a youtube video please. I can't remember these fully. I think I can, but not sure.

Sephzilla

I'm pretty sure Sting regretted that decision the moment he pinned a stoned Jeff Hardy in front of a couple hundred people when he could have been wrestling Undertaker in front of 50k

Mahonay

Banned
They still eventually had both guys on the roster at the same time, ready to wrestle. Even if their abilities had decreased quite a bit, they still should have done it almost immediately when they finally got Sting. Really fucking stupid not to have done it.

In a perfect world, Sting wouldn't have resigned to TNA.

Overused catch phrases that they hit every time, cringe inducing segments that try too hard to get their points across, overplaying their appeal to the younger audience to sell more merch......pretty much the same as Cena when he was main eventing every month.
You're describing faces in general, not Cena or New Day specifically.
Find a youtube video please. I can't remember these fully. I think I can, but not sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3GQ8MBNMKY

Sephzilla

New Day haven't resorted to completely no-selling their opponents in promos or ruining their opponents gimmicks

So they're like peak Rock but a little more PG?

Egg0

Banned

Sounds like face Rollins.

New Day is annoying and not entertaining most of the time. Big E is gonna kill someone in the ring one day. He doesn't need a singles push.

Sephzilla

TNA especially around the time they wanted to directly compete against WWE and brought in Hogan and Bischoff, was the most "notice me senpai" shit since Vince McMahon desperately tried to get Turner's attention

Top Bottom