• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Zach

tenor.gif
Appropriate response.

Browny

Banned
Bobby Roode's almost year long reign as TNA's final boss was during the Hogan era, so was Aries winning the belt. It went downhill after that though and they gave Aries a shit title run.
Roode, Aries and Bully Ray are possibly the only highlights of TNA in recent memory...? Hell, Joe gave no fucks at all before he left.

Joestuckinring.jpeg

TNA had its moments, but people just like to focus on the dumbshit, as there was a ton of dumbshit. What made it worse was the dumbshit ALWAYS happened just as you thought TNA was about to reach the next level. They shot themselves in the foot so many times simply by changing what was working for what they thought would work better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cass and Enzo breaking up is a net loss for both guys. Also, the same is going to happen to the New Day if they break up ever.

I'm willing to bet you they are back together by WM.

Kaladin

Roode, Aries and Bully Ray are possibly the only highlights of TNA in recent memory...? Hell, Joe gave no fucks at all before he left.

Joestuckinring.jpeg

I think Joe must have been told something at or around Bound For Glory 2010 that pissed him off. That's where he stopped giving fucks to the best of my knowledge.

I've wondered this for a while

Was TNA ever referenced on WWE programming outside of Angle giving an open challenge to anyone from "4 sided, 6 sided, or 8 sided rings"? Because I know they always tried to never acknowledge them while namedropping ROH and New Japan all the time

TNA started as a sleaze ball carny dumpster for Russo ideas and never escaped those roots, only occasionally being watchable when they were too inept to screw with a talented roster.

Was TNA ever referenced on WWE programming outside of Angle giving an open challenge to anyone from "4 sided, 6 sided, or 8 sided rings"? Because I know they always tried to never acknowledge them while namedropping ROH and New Japan all the time
Steve Austin podcast and Daniel Bryan on talking smack have said tna but they give no fucks.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!

Bryan referenced TNA by name in an interview with AJ on talking smack a while back.

Yes.

Cena mentioned something about going 'down south' a few times and of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYveDqSwQk

EDIT:

Actually this isn't what you meant. Sorry.

There's a huge part of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Christian and Sting's legacy wrapped up in TNA. So, if it ever comes to it, I'm sure WWE will attempt to buy the TNA library... or I certainly hope so.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
When Joe debuted in NXT I honestly didn't give a shit because he'd been stinking it up in TNA for years. I was convinced he'd lost it. I'm so glad he proved me wrong.

Toki767

There's a huge part of Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy, Christian and Sting's legacy wrapped up in TNA. So, if it ever comes to it, I'm sure WWE will attempt to buy the TNA library... or I certainly hope so.

I'm curious if Vince would ever want to give Jeff Jarrett even more money.

TNA especially around the time they wanted to directly compete against WWE and brought in Hogan and Bischoff, was the most "notice me senpai" shit since Vince McMahon desperately tried to get Turner's attention

What, Voodoo Kin Mafia wasn't subtle enough for you?

I'm curious if Vince would ever want to give Jeff Jarrett even more money.

I think for TNA/GWF to be in any situation where they'd consider selling the library, Vince would do so at his own price and valuation. I can imagine that it'd be one that was knowingly low ball them knowing that they wouldn't be able to do anything with the footage that would be worthwhile since they (TNA) can't afford to set up the infrastructure to make it work.

I mean just look at the crap TNA are currently putting out with their old content. Some of it is on youtube for free, or behind a paywall on youtube, or behind a paywall on some strange service. They can't even get that right.

Interesting point though, I hadn't thought about it.

Top Bottom