• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Had to drop some heat in this thread about the biggest assholes in professional wrestling history: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1401348&page=1

Hey, you want to defend Vince McMahon, you do you. I defy anyone to defend any of the wrestlers/wrestling-adjacent people I listed.

The amount of people naming JBL is showing the age of some of the posters. I'm not denying how much of an ass he is but there's so many worse people than JBL.

What even happened there? I see people saying Jervis took the gimmick and left because Quack's a lunatic, but Quack claims he created it?

I need to find that insane list of Quack bullshittery, like the story about him making his girlfriend sleep on the sofa because she revealed a CHIKARA secret identity to her parents, lol.

I have no idea what happened, but if I had to hazard a guess, Jervis just started doing the gimmick outside CHIKARA, left, and never got told he had to stop

It's been like three-four years now so I dunno if that copyright will stick

RIP CZWfans.com's message board, but here is the Reddit thread about the thread about Quack on CZWfans: https://amp.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/33ield/infamous_mike_quackenbush_thread_on_czwfans/

To be fair, Ken Wayne, La Dama Del Silencio, and Hardbody Harrison aren't exactly famous or much talked about.

Also goes to show how much WWE has done to bury any stories about Moolah. It's really astonishing it's not more widely told story.

I also feel like I recall something about Taker actually not being a "great" locker room guy because of he whole court thing. Meaning the court allowed some stuff to run rampant when it could have been squashse.

RIP CZWfans.com's message board, but here is the Reddit thread about the thread about Quack on CZWfans: https://amp.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/33ield/infamous_mike_quackenbush_thread_on_czwfans/

Incidentally, I found a backup of the old CZW follies list the other day; http://archive.is/fpkNI

"Bruno Sammartino was advertised to appear as a special guest at ringside and periodic in ring updates were made, unfortunately the final update announced that he had gotten lost on his way to the arena. To this day Bruno never managed to find his way to the arena."

lmao

Ithil

I understand WWE doesn't want to name its wrestling tournament in honor of Moolah. But Mae Young is only a better choice because she's not Moolah.

Let's all fondly remember the great Mae Young storylines! Oh, and she lived to be 355 years old.

WWE wants to push their new women's era, but they also want to pretend they were always this way for the women except for like this 1-2 year "Divas" era.
The reality is they really don't have any legendary women in WWE. All the most important and influential women wrestlers were either from elsewhere, like Japan, or pre-WWE.

WWE wants to be "pioneering" but also pretend they had all the past pioneers too. They refuse to ever admit fault or not portray themselves as the centre of the universe. So they gotta prop up the few names they have as legends.

GOATs
DEAO-xiVoAETmac

Ithil

Mae Young is fine, never heard any real horror stories about her.

Well Meltzer had that "beating up johns and robbing them because they would never report to the cops that they were beaten up by a woman" thing, but it's more that Mae Young really is a total nobody in the history of women's wrestling. She's most famous for wacky skits as an old woman, not her wrestling career.

Now we've gotta hear all their video packages were they insist she like invented women's wrestling or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like the new NXT it just feels like an entire division of B+ players.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
We have even more impressive B+ fodder waiting on the wings like Kyle O'Reilly, Crazzy Steve and Gunner!

And [My Name] Bay-Bay

I mean, basically the entire roster of ROH is in NXT now.

It is kind of a concern they have so much talent in NXT and are signing so much more talent recently but there really isn't anywhere for them to go or anything for them to do.

Foggy

I want to know if there is anything in the NXT talent acquisition strategy other than denying talent to other companies and "well one of these guys has got to work right?"

It always felt like a "left hand not talking to the right hand" situation. HHH has something of a blank check and gets token opportunities to do things like the CWC and UK tournament. But when it comes to actually bring everything into the fold, there's static and stuff gets lost in the shuffle. There's no way the post UK tournament shuffle/inaction/whatever was part of the original plan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I doubt indie messiah Triple H has these grand plans for these guys beyond 'this guy has al ot of buzz. i'll get to take a photo with him and prove how with it i am'

Ring of Honor is moving from Comet TV to CHARGE, with back-to-back episodes airing at 10 p.m. ET on Sunday nights. Like Comet, CHARGE is owned by Sinclair Broadcasting and its availability is similarly limited to digital channels. CHARGE is in less homes than Comet.

GFW in a better position than ROH. All my dreams have come true

I doubt indie messiah Triple H has these grand plans for these guys beyond 'this guy has al ot of buzz. i'll get to take a photo with him and prove how with it i am'

Remember: Owens, Balor, Joe, Ambrose, Rollins and co. are only as good as they are because they spent years in NXT. /s

How's your territory doing?

klonere

Banned
It always felt like a "left hand not talking to the right hand" situation. HHH has something of a blank check and gets token opportunities to do things like the CWC and UK tournament. But when it comes to actually bring everything into the fold, there's static and stuff gets lost in the shuffle. There's no way the post UK tournament shuffle/inaction/whatever was part of the original plan.

The UK tourny was definitely a reaction to WoS and now that it's dead in the water, those guys are treading water it seems.

Like what's the story behind the UK belt? It's literally just a thing that indies can slap on a poster now, the new "As seen on WWE" and an extra random (but probably excellent) match on NXT PPVs.

I'd be with you on this but nobody cares about Gunner and Crazzy Steve so I think they are just accumulating warm bodies for the heck of it

I have heard rumblings that the new Transformers movie implies that Transformers worked with Harriet Tubman?!?! Can anybody confirm or deny?

Top Bottom