• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

I'd be totally behind him if he was having good matches but I'm finding him extremely hard to get behind when you have dudes like Eita, Yamamura, Big-R all killing it. Hell KZY had a great KOG! And Hulk has strung two really great big singles matches together. T-Hawk has nothing of note singles wise.

Wasn't Shingo always good but never worked as a face?

Yeah, Shingo never connected with the fans as a face, T-Hawk isn't connecting with them as a heel - he's too stoic, but I enjoy his work well enough in tags and he shows promise as a singles guy (although I didn't catch any of King of Gate, as outside of the tournament he's rarely been given 'big' singles matches as of late). Personally, I still think they ended the Millennials too soon.

Hex

Banned
tumblr_inline_osmgwtz27j1t178dx_540.png

fire pro wrestling world is coming...

For now, all i have is wrestling revolution on my iphone...

Also, i want to see the May Young Classic ...mainly because i think Toni Storm is going to the finals ...

CRJ2E5-WcAE0ckF.jpg

Unfortunately, it will be after a smackdown show, in some shitty town and the crowd will be too busy chanting for JBL ...

Mike Johnson trying to claim that wasn't Paige front row at Slammiversary. Says it was Del Rio's sister.

What a fucking hack. You can clearly see the tattoo on her arm. He's covering for Paige because Paige is a source of his, but damn have some sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
do we know how much Fire Pro World will be?

I will say this: it's too bad they go back to Pope, Mathews, and Borash because it was a treat to have Don West back. Robert Flores felt very generic, but he at least he felt professional, unlike Pope.

CHIKARA's trying to trademark Jervis Cottonbelly as a character because Quack is a cock and trying to get back at someone

What even happened there? I see people saying Jervis took the gimmick and left because Quack's a lunatic, but Quack claims he created it?

I need to find that insane list of Quack bullshittery, like the story about him making his girlfriend sleep on the sofa because she revealed a CHIKARA secret identity to her parents, lol.

MC Safety

I understand WWE doesn't want to name its wrestling tournament in honor of Moolah. But Mae Young is only a better choice because she's not Moolah.

Let's all fondly remember the great Mae Young storylines! Oh, and she lived to be 355 years old.

Man, I know this episode of Lucha Underground was filmed like 18 months ago, but what are the odds of them name-dropping Jim Breaks now, of all times. That's a hell of a coincidence.

I understand WWE doesn't want to name its wrestling tournament in honor of Moolah. But Mae Young is only a better choice because she's not Moolah.

Let's all fondly remember the great Mae Young storylines! Oh, and she lived to be 355 years old.

It could've been the Wendi Richter classic or the Alundra Blayze classic.

Mae Young isn't the best choice, but she's a name that they've used for a long time that's not poisoned like Moolah.

Blayze or Richter are better representatives, but they aren't as big of names in a WWE sense.

Lol I'm catching up on what I missed of G1 USA day 2

During the entrance of CMLL/Juice/Jay White the announcer is saying Dragon Lee and Jay White is pointing to a luchador like "yeah this dude right here that's right" ......but it's not Dragon Lee, it's the other dude that's dressed similar.

What even happened there? I see people saying Jervis took the gimmick and left because Quack's a lunatic, but Quack claims he created it?

I need to find that insane list of Quack bullshittery, like the story about him making his girlfriend sleep on the sofa because she revealed a CHIKARA secret identity to her parents, lol.

I have no idea what happened, but if I had to hazard a guess, Jervis just started doing the gimmick outside CHIKARA, left, and never got told he had to stop

It's been like three-four years now so I dunno if that copyright will stick

Top Bottom