• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| All this G1 talk is making me Climax.

Wait, who are talking about again? Cause that could be 80% of the WWE locker room

Her gimmick is basically she's a cosplayer, anime geek, that's the only thing that makes sense when you factor in how she acts in vignettes and shit

And you can just tell she's such a fucking geek that she probably has a closest just for wrestling Tees. Hell she's probably one of those super dweebs who buys a huge order every time they do they a buy one get one for 1$ deal on WWE Shop because she has no self control just like the uber nerd she is.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I was fucking around looking at wrassler pages on Wikipedia when I noticed something. Looking in terms of purely kayfabe accomplishments, the greatest WWE wrestler ever is..........Edge. Look at this shit:

11-time world champion
5-time Intercontinental Champion
14-time tag team champion
WCW US Champion
2001 King of the Ring winner
2005 Money in the Bank winner
2010 Royal Rumble winner
Hall of Famer at 38

Again, purely in terms of fake accomplishments for a fake sport. But still, damn.

I can at least say I'm not a Sting fan in 201X
Her gimmick is basically she's a cosplayer, anime geek, that's the only thing that makes sense when you factor in how she acts in vignettes and shit

And you can just tell she's such a fucking geek that she probably has a closest just for wrestling Tees. Hell she's probably one of those super dweebs who buys a huge order every time they do they a buy one get one for 1$ deal on WWE Shop because she has no self control just like the uber nerd she is.

I get it now. She's cramping your style.

I was fucking around looking at wrassler pages on Wikipedia when I noticed something. Looking in terms of purely kayfabe accomplishments, the greatest WWE wrestler ever is..........Edge. Look at this shit:

11-time world champion
5-time Intercontinental Champion
14-time tag team champion
WCW US Champion
2001 King of the Ring winner
2005 Money in the Bank winner
2010 Royal Rumble winner
Hall of Famer at 38

Again, purely in terms of fake accomplishments for a fake sport. But still, damn.

Nobody in history benefited more from shit brand splits than Edge. 11 world titles and legit 8-9 of them were transitional or last-minute decisions because someone got hurt and the roster he was on was too small to build anyone else up in time to take that spot

I love Edge, and he and Christian are probably my two favorite WWE wrestlers of all time, but yeah he's probably not looked back on extremely fondly as a singles wrestler more than tag if it's not for a whole lot of dumb luck

Foggy

Your self-loathing is getting out of control

What'd you think of Christian's TNA run, Tommy?

Had the best lengthy singles run he ever had, both as a face and as a heel, and was probably the only time I liked anything Tyson Tomko did with him.

Shame about him obviously not looking back on it fondly because TNA was such an obvious mess in every other regard around the last part of his run. But he was definitely one of the few WWE people who benefited by going to TNA

I can at least say I'm not a Sting fan in 201X

I get it now. She's cramping your style.

I wouldn't be caught dead in those eye contacts.... and she probably goes to like live shows as often as possible to buy more shirts or goes to Hot topic like a total loser to see what's new there every few weeks

Your self-loathing is getting out of control

She probably have 70 or 80 shirts, I draw the line somewhere below that for now.

Had the best lengthy singles run he ever had, both as a face and as a heel, and was probably the only time I liked anything Tyson Tomko did with him.

Shame about him obviously not looking back on it fondly because TNA was such an obvious mess in every other regard around the last part of his run. But he was definitely one of the few WWE people who benefited by going to TNA
That's pretty much exactly how I feel.
Bitch mad he commentating in half arenas while Mauro is calling what could potentially be the biggest fight in PPV history.

GFW spoiler

EC3 beat Moose via decision for the Grand title. Now GFW and WWE each have the most roided member of their roster holding gold

I only have 4 wrassle shirts. I have three Last Podcast shirts too.

I feel like I have to dress business casual most of the time these days :(
Got you, fam.
naito-denim.jpg

Fox318

That's pretty much exactly how I feel.

Bitch mad he commentating in half arenas while Mauro is calling what could potentially be the biggest fight in PPV history.
He gets his kicks going on Fox Buieness pretending to be somebody whom people could actually respect.

Meanwhile he's a tax cheat.

Toki767

Roode vs Strong was really good.

It's too bad they wasted Asuka vs Nikki Cross and Roode vs Strong on TV matches.

Those could've easily been Takeover matches.

Instead we'll get another dull Asuka vs Ember match where the fans cheer Asuka more even though she's supposed to be turning heel and Roode vs Drew where I feel like Drew should've gone straight to Smackdown.

I need to do something cheerier than lay here listening to Au Revoir Simone or I may drink myself to death tonight.

Maybe I should watch some DDT.

I need to do something cheerier than lay here listening to Au Revoir Simone or I may drink myself to death tonight.

Maybe I should watch some DDT.
I've been feeling on the blue side too, friend. I'll probably watch some wrasslin too.

It just struck me for the first time that The Simpson family has two cars.
#Revelaitons

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Roode vs Strong was really good.

It's too bad they wasted Asuka vs Nikki Cross and Roode vs Strong on TV matches.

Those could've easily been Takeover matches.

Instead we'll get another dull Asuka vs Ember match where the fans cheer Asuka more even though she's supposed to be turning heel and Roode vs Drew where I feel like Drew should've gone straight to Smackdown.

Its the problem with only having specials every 4 months I guess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I want to know if there is anything in the NXT talent acquisition strategy other than denying talent to other companies and "well one of these guys has got to work right?"
It's because the upside on both ends is considered so high.

It costs very little to bring these guys in, they already know how to work and in return they all want to be the next Kevin Owens. Those NXT deals don't apparently pay all that much but its still better than doing all of your own booking and promoting yourself and having to trust whatever carny runs the show out of whatever nowheresville VFW hall you're running to actually pay you.

Hell, people have washed out of NXT and still been able to find some work on the back of it. It's a decent gig with a high ceiling on both sides so WWE probably has practically infinite room to just keep signing Adam Coles, Bobby Fishes, Roddy Strongs, etc. And I don't see them running out of room, either.

This isn't the case with someone like Kenny Omega, who would probably have to be brought in the same way Styles, Gallows and Anderson were brought in - lots of money and straight to the main roster. I mean, that's something Vince would have to sign off on, and for a lot of money.

Why are you posting a gif of that coward Marty, I wouldn't run from you!
Will you be serious

The only wrestling shirt I have is the CM Punk pre nexus one :(

I do need to buy a new wrestling shirt for my trip to Japan to see NJPW in, but I don't want to look like a massive weeb wearing a Bullet Club shirt >.<

Top Bottom