• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Had he stayed in WWF through his first contract, he'd have been worth $40+ at the end of it. He's about getting paid, but he's shown that he won't do something if he isn't into it.
Most definitely, he's a cheap guy anyway and Vince would've paid him whatever he wanted since Brock was supposed to be the new face. Imagine if Brock stayed, guys like Cena, Orton, Batista, and JBL probably wouldn't be as big as they are/were. Especially not jbl since he was made after Lesnar took his ball and ran with it. I always wondered were there any plans for Brock to go to Raw & Hunter to SD.

Kuroyume

Banned
And he is a lunatic.

stupidambroselolcrk7u.jpg

Sd wins again, hiac match was great, almost similar to the very first one but you can't replicate the chemistry Shawn & Taker had with each other. But Lessy and Taker pounded the fuck out of each other and it was great that they didn't even have to exit the structure itself. I've gained some respect for Brock. But you could see the damn blood just dropping from Taker's head, crazy shit. And my favourite part, Brock trying to rip off the bloody cast with his teeth lol.

And fuck that hhh Kane match. Fuck those cheating bastards.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock only doing germans is a dumb complaint.

A) If he wanted to do other suplexes, most of them would be even more dangerous like an exploder or capture suplex
B) You know he can do more
C) It's his thing and it works for him. He isn't going to bust out some war crate of moves because he's a freak athlete demi-god. He's going to do what works for him. It's like when people say Big Show is better than Andre because he does more moves. A monster isn't supposed to do a shitload of moves. They're a monster and they don't need to bust out the hidden moves to beat someone. You're working to beat them They're not working to beat you.

And he's still not on God King Mils level
tumblr_o9lh9xAqcE1vvbkvio3_400.gif

A) If he wanted to do other suplexes, most of them would be even more dangerous like an exploder or capture suplex
C) It's his thing and it works for him. He isn't going to bust out some war crate of moves because he's a freak athlete demi-god. He's going to do what works for him. It's like when people say Big Show is better than Andre because he does more moves. A monster isn't supposed to do a shitload of moves. They're a monster and they don't need to bust out the hidden moves to beat someone. You're working to beat them They're not working to beat you.

but the movez, DW

the movez!

also I got a wicked flashback to Launchpad in Darkwing Duck when I typed out DW

DMczaf

You do realize Brock would legit kill Mil in a shoot fight, right?

Like, he would murder him to death.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
When Lucha Underground ends, as much as I enjoy and get behind Fenix, Pentatgon, Drago, Jack Evans and others, I think I can leave it with Mil Muertes firmly in my top 10 wrestling characters of all time. I say that with little doubt.
You do realize Brock would legit kill Mil in a shoot fight, right?

Like, he would murder him to death.

You do realize Mil only gets more powerful when he dies, right? Not to mention,

Who do you think gave Brock mononucleosis?

When Lucha Underground ends, as much as I enjoy and get behind Fenix, Pentatgon, Drago, Jack Evans and others, I think I can leave it with Mil Muertes firmly in my top 10 wrestling characters of all time. I say that with little doubt.

You do realize Mil only gets more powerful when he dies, right? Not to mention,

Who do you think gave Brock mononucleosis?

I'm assuming Sable since mononucleosis is, as all we know, a kissing disease caused by cooties.

Does the Mil Muertes character exist outside of Lucha Underground?

Imagine my surprise when I learned that Mil Muertes used to be TNA's Judas Mesias, The Undertaker character to Abyss' Kane character, except Mesias was playing the storyline role Kane played and Abyss was playing the role Undertaker played.

dawg.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Does the Mil Muertes character exist outside of Lucha Underground?

Imagine my surprise when I learned that Mil Muertes used to be TNA's Judas Mesias, The Undertaker character to Abyss' Kane character, except Mesias was playing the storyline role Kane played and Abyss was playing the role Undertaker played.

dawg.
His only other appearance has been in the Lucha World Cup in a tag team with Apollo and Rockstar Spud

yep

..... Hhh should be ashamed of him damn self with that Katie Vick shit. Are you fucking serious who ok'd this trash. A man screwing a mannequin then talking about screwed her brains out? Fuck, tasteless shit. You don't make fun of that.

Zach

Austin, Rock, and Vince in the ring cutting promoz and then BOOM! it all goes to pot when Triple H schnozzes his way into the mix.

Boooooooo.

Mahonay

Banned
The CWC bracketology special was fucking fantastic. They are already hitting it out of the park with this thing. Ranallo and D-Bry together are perfect. The interviews with some the competitors were well done also. I'm so happy this somehow exists within WWE.

Fox318

Is there a writeup by Bootaaaayyy or Data west on where to start with Japanese wrestling?

I watched a Bob Backland match in Japan and it reminded me that I don't watch nearly enough Japanese wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I hate hashbrowns though. I wish they had something else.

Is there a writeup by Bootaaaayyy or Data west on where to start with Japanese wrestling?

I watched a Bob Backland match in Japan and it reminded me that I don't watch nearly enough Japanese wrestling.

Are you wanting to watch modern stuff or the classic stuff?

Fox318

anything.

Outside of Gifs posted by Boots thats all I know.

I heard the UWF shoot style invasion was cool but they fucked up the booking or something like that.

Thats all I know.

Zach

This "Big Show's dad is dead" storyline would be fine if, you know, Owen Hart didn't die in the ring six months earlier. But maybe that's just me.

What in all of the fucks data. Blasphemy!
This "Big Show's dad is dead" storyline would be fine if, you know, Owen Hart didn't die in the ring six months earlier. But maybe that's just me.
As a kid, that story hurt me. As an adult, that story slays me. WAAAAAHHHHH MY DADDY DIED!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
anything.

Outside of Gifs posted by Boots thats all I know.

I heard the UWF shoot style invasion was cool but they fucked up the booking or something like that.

Thats all I know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyuH7kCC5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rODf0P74shk
UWF vs NJPW is probably a good start since its the hottest angle in Japan. Watch Dump Matsumoto vs the Crush Gals stuff too. From there, my best advice with getting into any era of any countries wrestling is to find people you like and find their best matches. Three Musketeers(Muoh, Chono, Hashimoto. Unofficially Hase and Sasaki), King's Road(Misawa, Kobashi, and Kawada) watch Kobashi's GHC reign, The Funsk stuff in Japan. Terry Funk is arguably the biggest gaijin ever in Japan. Lots of the early 80s stuff is going to be American and some Mexican wrestlers like Mil Mascaras. Liger's earlier stuff. FMW is kind of fun to watch evne if the wrestling doesn't hold up as much. It's ridiculous and kind of the dumb fun parts of pro wrestling.

Modern-wise, you'd probably like Hideki Suzuki.

Fox318

Its Vince.

He wanted to use dad solders to get heat for hulk hogan.

He's wanted to do an incest storyline for decades

He comes from an era where all he cares about is heat for the next thing and how to get more heat. Ironically Vince's storytelling really isn't good for most modern storytelling as nobody is able to have a character arc.

Everyone has a gimmick that they stick with and things just happen. Whereas on NXT you can see the arc of Jordan and Gable's friendship happen live on screen.

Hell look at WCW with the story of STing and Luger's friendship despite Luger being a heel then when the NWO invasion happens Luger can come out and say he was right all along.

Right now in the WWE there isn't really any story being told.

Fox318

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgyuH7kCC5Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rODf0P74shk
UWF vs NJPW is probably a good start since its the hottest angle in Japan. Watch Dump Matsumoto vs the Crush Gals stuff too. From there, my best advice with getting into any era of any countries wrestling is to find people you like and find their best matches. Three Musketeers(Muoh, Chono, Hashimoto. Unofficially Hase and Sasaki), King's Road(Misawa, Kobashi, and Kawada) watch Kobashi's GHC reign, The Funsk stuff in Japan. Terry Funk is arguably the biggest gaijin ever in Japan. Lots of the early 80s stuff is going to be American and some Mexican wrestlers like Mil Mascaras. Liger's earlier stuff. FMW is kind of fun to watch evne if the wrestling doesn't hold up as much. It's ridiculous and kind of the dumb fun parts of pro wrestling.

Modern-wise, you'd probably like Hideki Suzuki.

The toughest thing that holds me back from a ton of wrestling is the lack of subtitles or commentary in English. Though after Final destination and the fact that WWE main roster commentary is I believe the worst commentary ever with nobody who's authentic in any way that I over value it.

I'm gonna give it a try though. Thanks

Top Bottom