• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

For what?

You're joking, right?

oDJ0LAU.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The rumor also says that he didn't take it while in Vegas, due to the climate and that he was clean according to the multiple tests made previously, so he didn't have any advantage going in.

But it's really hard to believe someone can look like Brock does being almost 40 without taking anything.
Ryback never getting popped for Wellness should tell you everything you need to know about the state of steroid testing.

The cheaters are always one step ahead.

BIG SPOILER

Former WWE World champion Daniel Bryan is backstage at Raw and is slated to appear on tonight's episode as well as tomorrow's Smackdown. The expectation is that Bryan will be Shane McMahon's Smackdown Live General Manager going forward, with that official announcement coming on Raw.

PWInsider.com noted over a week ago in the Elite section that Bryan was expected to return to WWE TV in that position.

Obvious spoiler

Caderfix

BIG SPOILER

Former WWE World champion Daniel Bryan is backstage at Raw and is slated to appear on tonight's episode as well as tomorrow's Smackdown. The expectation is that Bryan will be Shane McMahon's Smackdown Live General Manager going forward, with that official announcement coming on Raw.

PWInsider.com noted over a week ago in the Elite section that Bryan was expected to return to WWE TV in that position.

Obvious spoiler

That would be awesome, I really hope it actually happens.

BIG SPOILER

Obvious spoiler
Aw hell yeah.
I can't wait for the ensuing Total Divas episode in which Brie is pissed at Bryan since they both promised that they would retire and stay away from wrestling for a few years to focus on a family.

Aw hell yeah.
I can't wait for the ensuing Total Divas episode in which Brie is pissed at Bryan since they both promised that they would retire and stay away from wrestling for a few years to focus on a family.

And then
Bryan's like "you don't understand, they have me under contract. Everyday I goto work and I cry. Please help"

tm24

Question for Data and Rene. Can i make a case for Rush vs LA PARK being MOTY since the actual match is tecnically like 6 minutes and 11 minutes of awesome post-match brawling?

bjork

A Steph-run Raw with Nash as the GM and a New Jack talk show where he pitches dudes off a balcony and jumps on them to end the segment. All I need is Alexa Bliss and it is the perfect television show.

And then
Bryan's like "you don't understand, they have me under contract. Everyday I goto work and I cry. Please help"
Followed by
Nikki doing a swerve and siding with Bryan for once with Brie accusing her of finding it easy because she gets to be on the road alongside John after she returns from her injury.

Although in all actuality (and outside the world of scripted reality shows), he probably will only be away like one or two days a week, and it depends on how often as a GM he will appear.

daemissary

Only way I can watch it live (West Coast here also) is through Charter or DirecTV

It's the dumbest thing that they tape delay Raw over here. I remember when Raw first started being broadcast in HD, the HD channel wasn't tape delayed for like a year and I almost flipped a table when it went back.

Just so dumb, even Nitro wasn't tape delayed on the West Coast in the 90s.

Anth0ny

BIG SPOILER

Obvious spoiler

good

absolutely the best way to use him

hard pressed to find any other characters in wrestling that the fans actually care about

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit at that Kanye/Swift-thread. Pop-GAF is so asinine. Jesus, at least we understand that we're following lowbrow and lowest common denominator entertainment. They are in full denial.

It's the dumbest thing that they tape delay Raw over here. I remember when Raw first started being broadcast in HD, the HD channel wasn't tape delayed for like a year and I almost flipped a table when it went back.

Just so dumb, even Nitro wasn't tape delayed on the West Coast in the 90s.

Right. it was 4 hours of wrestling. I loved it. Was a little salty the ESPY's was tape delay too last week.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I get so confused when I see Wrasslin GIFS in POP-Gaf thread. Are they just jealous at the amount of gif'able material we have?

Aiii

So not worth it
I think the last type of fan that should be hating on pop music fans is a wrestling one.

Say what you will, but we're a hell of a lot nicer to one another than those guys seem to be. They take their idol's twitter beefs and start infighting among each other. They're getting worked.

Of course
*cue unfunny Mariah Carey gif*
Rude tbh

mariah-carey-side-eye.gif

Say what you will, but we're a hell of a lot nicer to one another than those guys seem to be. They take their idol's twitter beefs and start infighting among each other. They're getting worked.
Aii, we've had many a disagreement over Becky Lynch that ended with someone being put through a table, you hypocrite.

Kidding. I get your point there.

Aiii

So not worth it
What reports? Do I need to call Lee Marshall in on this?

The Hitman's:
BH: With Shane I sensed he was really relaxed but I also sensed a distance there. In the backstage area I never saw Stephanie, Triple H and Shane all in the same room. I’m just reading between the lines without knowing anything. I could see that there was real tension there. They were all really friendly to me when they saw me but you never saw anybody at the same time. I noticed when I saw Shane after Natalya’s match that he didn’t go into what they call the Gorilla Position. He wasn’t in there. He wouldn’t go in there. He kind of stayed out and I realized then that it was just Stephanie and Triple H that were in there. I don’t know, maybe there’s real tensions there. I’ve said it before and I don’t know anymore than what I’ve said in recent broadcasts. I do sense there is some real tension in the family. I got the impression from watching it on TV, just like the fans do, that Vince is loving it. He loves the tension between them and this little storyline that they have seems like it’s true and based on a real situation. A lot of times that’s what Vince likes to play on. He likes to play on real sensitive issues. Even like what he did to me in Phoenix a few years ago. It was all based on, “You screwed me,” and, “Bret screwed Bret,” and all these things that were so sensitive a few years before. He wanted to milk that as much as he could and get as much mileage out of it as possible. I sensed a lot of that in Chicago. There’s a lot of real tension in the air and Stephanie, Triple H and Shane aren’t really comfortable with the attention but Vince is loving it. He’s just throwing more gas on the fire.

The idea of Rollins beating Ambrose for the title tonight (likely through shenanigans) makes a whole lot of sense, but would also make me sad. Especially after Ambrose's absolute fire promo last week.

We'll see!

Top Bottom