• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

G1 Climax 2016 Night 1 -

This was a great overall show - with the latter half's big matches being what they needed to be. I was pleasantly surprised to see Sanada beat Tanahashi. I knew he had to if they wanted him to be a main event-level guy, but didn't think they'd actually do it. Marafuji beating Okada was a huge shock, but a smart win and something they can leverage down the line for several title matches.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2016/07/g1-climax-2016-night-1.html

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/68x04jhigd6sku7iwk819t9ilumh0wb6

Kurita

Dismissive JIF Royalty examples
jB7uJal.gif

Q5U9T1g.gif

I'm fond of this one
xt9N3pp.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would a wrassle fan be in that topic anyway?

Have some grace.
xfTdOSc.gif

Tom Nook

It's the dumbest thing that they tape delay Raw over here. I remember when Raw first started being broadcast in HD, the HD channel wasn't tape delayed for like a year and I almost flipped a table when it went back.

Just so dumb, even Nitro wasn't tape delayed on the West Coast in the 90s.

Those were the days during the Monday Night Wars; watch Nitro Live then Raw taped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Has this Tombstone ever been topped?
qEVb.gif

It looks terrible, but fortunately that dude is GLUED the Taker's belly and can't go too low.

If you want an ugly looking tombstone, I can go to legitshook.com and find a few...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It looks terrible, but fortunately that dude is GLUED the Taker's belly and can't go too low.

If you want an ugly looking tombstone, I can go to legitshook.com and find a few...

When Undertaker got Hogan's strap at Survivor Series is the GOAT ugly tombstone. He sent Hogan to the hospital with that one. I guess he was fine by Tuesday...in Texas.

Question for Data and Rene. Can i make a case for Rush vs LA PARK being MOTY since the actual match is tecnically like 6 minutes and 11 minutes of awesome post-match brawling?

Well yeah, as for a super libre lucha match it had everything:
-Fight starting in the entrance.
-Blood.
-Shredded mask.
-Foreign objects.
-Referee fuckery.

Heel

With Daniel Bryan being named SmackDown GM, my instincts lead me to believe that they'll angle the show heavily to the NXT/indie crowd in the upcoming draft, creating a veritable Tuesday Night SmarkDown.

This is basically a progression of NXT, giving Real Wrestling Fans something to root for in an "us vs. them" scenario, all while controlling and profiting from both sides of the coin. It also resets the perception of SmackDown as a b-tier show, for at least a small niche of the audience.

Subscribe to my newsletter.

Fox318

...what?

I honestly don't know what that means. Work of the Year?

Wrestler of the year.

I can honestly say unless the draft does something like give me my Brock vs Cesaro or Samoa Joe vs Cena/Cesaro/Brock feud that I can't see anything topping the stuff Matt put out this year.

Fox318

With Daniel Bryan being named SmackDown GM, my instincts lead me to believe that they'll angle the show heavily to the NXT/indie crowd in the upcoming draft, creating a veritable Tuesday Night SmarkDown.

This is basically a progression of NXT, giving Real Wrestling Fans something to root for in an "us vs. them" scenario, all while controlling and profiting from both sides of the coin. It also resets the perception of SmackDown as a b-tier show, for at least a small niche of the audience.

It makes sense for them to do that.

Who else but hardcore wrestling fans are going to watch more than 1 night of wrestling?

I honestly expect NBC to cancel Smackdown or move it back to another network when this split fails again.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Yep. It's the perfect blend. Raw continues to have their heavy cable reach, and this turns a lot of those "NXT-only" folks over to watching terrestrial television. Smart move. Especially with Danny Bryan running the show.

Question is...who makes up the "Smark's Favorite Sons (and Daughters)" list?

imBask

Banned
can we take a moment to all embrace the fact that Ryback is not on TV anymore? you know, WWE does a lot of things wrong but you gotta give them credit on that one

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
can we take a moment to all embrace the fact that Ryback is not on TV anymore? you know, WWE does a lot of things wrong but you gotta give them credit on that one

Why? Lots of people like Ryback, myself included. He's a good hand and saved lil Kalisto's career.

Kaladin

I can honestly say, I'm looking forward to Raw AND Smackdown this week more than I have in recent memory.

Challenge:

Drink every time the announce team says this could be any superstar's last night on Monday Night Raw.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ryback's been dealt a hand of injustice, too. That CM Punk piece of shit really tried to ruin his career.

That table spot was fine, Punk's just a fuckin' weakling.

Aiii

So not worth it
Ryback tried to be Goldberg and failed, he had neither the charisma, nor the dental work, to make the gimmick work for him.

Fuck Ryback, glad he's gone.

When the best thing you did was work a tag team with Michael McGillicutty, you know your run fucking sucked.

Top Bottom