• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Data, have you played this My Career yet on 2K16? Does the story ever go away?

Also Big E found those receipts on Apollo lol!
CmaeRAUUMAAl8R8.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/749460419178143744

Poor Apollo.

My uncle's 4 yr old dog died. Apparently overdosed on rabies medication from an asshat dumb fuck doctor.

Keep in mind this is back home, and they are from a village. Anytime Ingo, we'd live with him. Saw the dog on two separate trips. Once when he was a newborn puppy, and just last year. Knew him for 2-3 months

Im so sad. German shepherd, completely happy and playful dog once he knew you, though aggressive against other animals

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh yeah, Big E used to have a last name. The reverse Antonio, Alexander and Adrian.

Big E Langston
Antonio Cesaro
Alexander Rusev
Adrian Neville
Konnor O'Brien
Rick Viktor
Sheamus O'Shaunessy

I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting.

Menome

Did anyone enjoy the Saw series? I never got to see the 3D version of the last one

I like the film-series as a whole. There's a pretty good psychological drama lurking underneath the ludicrous death-traps.

Saw: Great
Saw II: Good
Saw III: Great
Saw IV: Absolute bollocks
Saw V: Good
Saw VI: Great
Saw VII: Alright. Should have been the originally planned two movies instead.

KHDgA6F.jpg

WCW better push this hot new tag team straight to the top!
"If you can't go over them, join them."

There's a really good backstage segment between these two in 2002 and it shows how different their mind set was(in fayfabe & non).

But Eric comes and Hogan is like dude what was McMahon thinking of hiring him, he's going to destroy what they have. Flair is like, I really don't care, I just care about these young guys trying to get over and make something of themselves. Hogan is like well, we don't need him here trying to kill this business we helped build.

It's very telling when you listen to that though.

kunonabi

Did anyone enjoy the Saw series? I never got to see the 3D version of the last one

I liked the first three especially the second one. Once they screwed Amanda out of being the successor I felt like they didn't really know what to do with the franchise afterwards.

SaviorX

"If you can't go over them, join them."

There's a really good backstage segment between these two in 2002 and it shows how different their mind set was(in fayfabe & non).

But Eric comes and Hogan is like dude what was McMahon thinking of hiring him, he's going to destroy what they have. Flair is like, I really don't care, I just care about these young guys trying to get over and make something of themselves. Hogan is like well, we don't need him here trying to kill this business we helped build.

It's very telling when you listen to that though.

I believe this was in Vengeance 2002. I fought the VHS a LOOONG time ago at a tag sale for a quarter, and when I popped the tape in, this conversation between them was the first thing that showed on my screen. A small change of the guard moment

I believe this was in Vengeance 2002. I fought the VHS a LOOONG time ago at a tag sale for a quarter, and when I popped the tape in, this conversation between them was the first thing that showed on my screen. A small change of the guard moment
You're right, I was just asking myself why are they on the same show together. Good ppv too, especially the main event.

I like the film-series as a whole. There's a pretty good psychological drama lurking underneath the ludicrous death-traps.

Saw: Great
Saw II: Good
Saw III: Great
Saw IV: Absolute bollocks
Saw V: Good
Saw VI: Great
Saw VII: Alright. Should have been the originally planned two movies instead.

Yeah I enjoy the SAW movies. Usually watch them all every 18 months or so, not by design just a strange urge to see them again. The continuous story and interlinking is pretty interesting.

kiguel182

Yeah I enjoy the SAW movies. Usually watch them all every 18 months or so, not by design just a strange urge to see them again. The continuous story and interlinking is pretty interesting.

I watched all the movies because of the overall story. It was a pretty entertaining ride.

I would've liked to see that.
It was when he got popped for violating the Wellness policy in 08. Absolutely horrible timing as he was so great in everything. Kotr, great look, attire, etc. Sucks that he fucked it up but whatever, not everyone can have the big one.

Are we talking Regal?

Time to post his GOAT NXT promo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4zmenHmjxk

#ThatMotherfucker
That was very emotional. Turning a shoot into something like that. Took me back to the golden era,where you're going from big steroidy guys to the smaller more technical guys. Regal was aware that the younger guy had surpassed him but figured he still had it. I have to check out the match, Antonio won didn't he?

somedevil

Attendance of the WWE Japan shows:

the attendance for WWE’s two weekend house shows in Tokyo, Japan at the Tokyo Sumo Hall. The July 1 event drew 8,506 people. The July 2 show had 8,764 fans in attendance. Both events were likely close to being sold out depending on the seat configuration. The Sumo Hall holds about 10,000 people for most events for Japanese-based wrestling promotions.

Started playing Parappa the Rapper 2 on a whim, this game is so much fun I love it and I don't usually listen to rap.

The burger place tune is so catchy I didn't care that it took new half a dozen attempts to learn some I could do it right.

Menome

While this is indeed an amazing theme, it makes me sad because he points to this as being when he was most fucked up on drugs and remembers very little from that time.

Yeah, whilst he's made a good name for himself again, his career is always going to be a "What could have been?" situation of squandered potential.

If Regal would have been clean during his run as an upper-tier heel, I think he would have definitely been WCW or WWF champ at some point.

While this is indeed an amazing theme, it makes me sad because he points to this as being when he was most fucked up on drugs and remembers very little from that time.
Regal would be happy to forget that period entirely especially if you know what was destined for that character.

Mahonay

Banned
This is Dave Meltzer's review of the February 22nd, 1999 episode of Monday Night Nitro -

They showed so many clips of Scott Steiner and Kimberly and Ric Flair and Bret Hart and Roddy Piper that I thought I was having nightmares about having been a horrible human being and being sent to Hell, and when I got there, I was sent to this room with all the evil wrestling promoters past and present and they made me sit in the chair next to people like Fritz Von Erich, Herb Abrams and Nick Gulas and forced us to watch Nitro episodes like this 24 hours a day. More film clips. AARGH. Here come Meng & Barbarian against Horace Hogan & Brian Adams for a match that lasts six weeks. It's the year 2025 and we're wheeling out what's left of Hogan and Piper and putting them in the ring to fight for the world title. Ric Flair's in this limo with these horrible actors. More film clips. A stunt woman gets thrown out of a car 52 times on the same show and no matter how many times it's done, she still never looks like Kimberly. And we have to listen, and aren't allowed to switch the channel to see Mankind vs. Rock in a world title change in a ladder match on the other station, are an interview with the Nitro Girls on how Kimberly is doing ("Please, Kimberly, hurry back, we love you") and the long-awaited match of Bret Hart vs. Will Sasso. Finally I woke up Tuesday morning and realized it was a bad nightmare although I can't figure out why I have all these notes on a piece of paper describing this crap from a dream.

Top Bottom