• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

DMczaf

gBz60b9.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Early 1999 WCW Monday Night Nitro is exactly like that. They all pretty much lost their mind after the finger poke of doom. Hell those months did more damage to WCW reputation than Russo did.

Why do people who are challenging for the title, take the titles abd throw it down? It makes the title look like trash imo. I can understand if you're throwing something you aren't competing for or interested in.

Fanatic, idk but I damn sure wouldn't mind. 14 years later everything looks better.

Zach

Triple H update: I'm now in October '99. Triple H has found a decent look -- maybe as good as it's gonna get with that unfortunate face. His promos, though, are still atrocious. He's generally not tentative, which is about the only good thing I can say at present.

Pikma

Banned
I don't like that, it's disrespectful as hell.

This was cool, it was some rockstar like celebration. If he would've swung that shit and threw it, no.
Well, he's a heel, they're supposed to be disrespectful and you're not supposed to like what they do

I know Meltzer is shit at grammar but...

They showed so many clips of Scott Steiner and Kimberly and Ric Flair and Bret Hart and Roddy Piper that I thought I was having nightmares about having been a horrible human being and being sent to Hell, and when I got there, I was sent to this room with all the evil wrestling promoters past and present and they made me sit in the chair next to people like Fritz Von Erich, Herb Abrams and Nick Gulas and forced us to watch Nitro episodes like this 24 hours a day.

That's one sentence. One.

Anth0ny

Friends, tomorrow Raw gets a 1.5 rating.

They'll have no choice but to push the best workers. It's the only way they'll survive.

We did it, Internet!

Menome

Friends, tomorrow Raw gets a 1.5 rating.

They'll have no choice but to push the best workers. It's the only way they'll survive.

We did it, Internet!

I'll take an avatar bet that it does 1.8 or above. We've predicted doom for RAW on multiple occasions this year and it's still endured at much the same average level.

Well, he's a heel, they're supposed to be disrespectful and you're not supposed to like what they do
But it depreciates the title. Well you know what? It's fake anyway so why in the hell am I wondering about that. I almost got caught up in this.

But for kayfabe purposes, you made what you want look like shit

Will Bluekaveli finally achieve his boyhood dream of having more posts than RAW has viewers?
Even you have more than 1.5 posts 😁

Anth0ny

I'll take an avatar bet that it does 1.8 or above. We've predicted doom for RAW on multiple occasions this year and it's still endured at much the same average level.

The problem with doing an avatar bet is I have to change my avatar if I'm wrong

What about all the guys not called Mark? They're okay to stay standing up, right?
Everyone sit down and stand up until I say so! They're all marks! All of them!

Did these geezer just call me a fuckin mark? Is he ribbin me?!

I sense a new match for battleground?
I'll take both of you little guys at BG. Handicap match. You don't want it with Beetlejuice!

Fanatic, Chris was my boy and I thought he was going to go somewhere then he disappeared. Later I found out he was puttputting his degree to use and trying to help out the business be actually enjoyed. Pretty cool though considering most of these guys have to continue to abuse their bodies for money or hope to be popular enough that thsir names sell.

Kaladin

The whole racial angle with Farooq vs Undertaker is weird. Even weirder that Ahmed Johnson shoots in an interview and agrees with Farooq on it.

But it's all kinda brushed aside as Paul Bearer is about to reveal a big secret about the Undertaker, and that is kind of taking precedent over Farooq's certain jobbing to Taker.

Meanwhile, Triple H is put back into the King Of The Ring with one of the most confusing explanations of all time....he could only advance by pinfall or submission, so Chyna tried to get him DQ'd to advance him or some bullshit....I don't even know. The amount of reaching around your ass to get to your elbow almost telegraphs Triple H winning the whole thing.

And furthermore, I'm really enjoying these Mankind / Mickey Foley segments. They're making him a more sympathetic and human character and I like it. From worm eater to Death Match King to the demented character that Mankind is back to a real life character of Mick Foley as a sick twisted freak that enjoys odd things and pain.

Oh, and Bret is killing it heeling it up with one of the greatest factions in wrestling.

As a side note, I'm taking a break to binge season 6 of Game Of Thrones today. Fuckin' Hodor.

Fanatic, Chris was my boy and I thought he was going to go somewhere then he disappeared. Later I found out he was puttputting his degree to use and trying to help out the business be actually enjoyed. Pretty cool though considering most of these guys have to continue to abuse their bodies for money or hope to be popular enough that thsir names sell.

Chris chose wisely.

E: Blue, Rock vs HHH next week. You hyped?

Chris chose wisely.
Most definitely, he got himself into some shit with them though. I think the only reason he made it back is because of his body build tbh. Even if he were runner up in TE but were 6 inches shorter , he would've never made the main roster.

Fuck The Triple H he fucked over Shawn Michaels now his ass is grass imo. Holy cow! MATT SCREWED jeff!

I have so much Wrestle-1, AJPW, NOAH, and Guts World to watch and so little time.

AJPW
Dynamite Series 2016 Night 1 AJPW World Tag Team Title match: The Big Guns (The Bodyguard and Zeus) (c) vs. Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto and Yuji Okabayashi)
Dynamite Series 2016 Night 1 Triple Crown Championship match: Kento Miyahara (c) vs. Kengo Mashimo
Dynamite Series 2016 Night 1 Happy Motel (Konosuke Takeshita & Tetsuya Endo) vs. Jun Akiyama & Yuma Aoyagi
Dynamite Series 2016 Night 2 NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara and Jake Lee) vs. The Big Guns (The Bodyguard and Zeus)

Guts World
Guts World vol. 96 Bukotsu Shobu 2016 GWC Title match: Daisuke (c) vs. Buffalo
Guts World Korakuen Hall Convention ~ Let's Go Together! Korakuen 2016!! GWC Title match: Daisuke (c) vs. Mr. Gannosuke

Pro Wrestling NOAH
Emerald Spirits GHC Heavyweight Title match: Go Shiozaki (c) vs. Shelton Benjamin

Wrestle-1
Tour 2016 Outbreak Night 4 Wrestle-1 Grand Prix 2016 First Round Yuji Hino vs. Ryota Hama

Top Bottom