• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Jamie OD

John and Wai draft:

Who has the better roster?

I know the person who I got this from spelled Wai name wrong.

I think that's the only fantasy draft I've seen online without Seth at #1 and Sasha or Charlotte in the top three. Heck, first thing I noticed was no women in the top 5. Liked the extra effort of putting together WM matches too.

Still in the camp that thinks the draft is a mess and a bad idea in the long run. Smackdown should be entertaining tonight but I'm expecting a wrench will be thrown that will invalidate a lot of predictions.

KingBroly

Banned
I think that's the only fantasy draft I've seen online without Seth at #1 and Sasha or Charlotte in the top three. Heck, first thing I noticed was no women in the top 5. Liked the extra effort of putting together WM matches too.

Still in the camp that thinks the draft is a mess and a bad idea in the long run. Smackdown should be entertaining tonight but I'm expecting a wrench will be thrown that will invalidate a lot of predictions.

I think this is Smackdown's last chance to boost ratings, honestly. If it doesn't go up over the next 6 months or so, I expect it to be cancelled.

Browny

Banned
I think this is Smackdown's last chance to boost ratings, honestly. If it doesn't go up over the next 6 months or so, I expect it to be cancelled.

I can see it becoming a "Network exclusive" programme; cancellation is bad publicity (not that they could get away from bad publicity if it did come to happen).

I can see it becoming a "Network exclusive" programme; cancellation is bad publicity (not that they could get away from bad publicity if it did come to happen).

It should move to Network and then phase out or change. Combine main event and Smackdown, hell you could even phase NXT into Smackdown as the hour-1 slot and then hour 2-3 is Smackdown.

klonere

Banned

Moving to the Network would amount to a cancellation.

The apocalypse is coming and I can't wait.

Alucard

Banned
Definitely not going back to Raw any time soon. The best way to take in the WWE really is through podcasts. I feel like I'm mostly over wrestling, and I did feel like watching most of the show last night was a waste of time.

If you don't like raw don't watch it going cold turkey was wonderful there's a billion other wrestling shows to try NXT CWC PWG PROGRESS Rev Pro wrestling is wonderful rn

That said, going to watch the draft and consider my position from there.

This is the first Raw i've watched in years.

The wrestling is awful. Just putrid. What was with all the tag matches?

I am blind to the storylines so I didn't pay much attention to them but none of the actual wrestling was good. I know Sami Zayn is a good wrestler but his tag match was awful. He's supposed to hate Kevin Owens with a passion, but they had next to no chemistry together. Jericho looks like he's just collecting a paycheck.

This was probably the worst Raw to jump in on. There isn't much going on right now due to the fact these people are going to be on different rosters in a week. Main event was decent but that fuckery finish was seen coming from a mile away.

Now we wait. Battleground is an oddball of a PPV.

Hino lariating Hama's ass made my night. The Happy Motel vs. Akiyama & Aoyagi match from June in AJPW was fine, and I hope AJPW is starting a business relationship with DDT.

Tonight: Strong BJ vs. Big Guns and Miyahara vs. Mashimo at last as I try to catch up.

more whatculture junk
Jq0zXTC.png

shanafan

WhatCulture is garbage that's good at hiding how garbage they are. It's like if Don Tony and Kevin Castle got a budget.

Is WC UK-based? I always wondered when do they watch Raw. They do publish videos pretty quickly after Raw, so they must watch live early in the morning then?

Caderfix

WhatCulture is garbage that's good at hiding how garbage they are. It's like if Don Tony and Kevin Castle got a budget.

I disagree, I like their videos. If you're talking about WCPW, I think it's just a matter of getting more experienced with the business, but they're doing fine considering they're a bunch of young wrestling nerds running a promotion.

korly

I'm hyped for the WWE Brand Extension Draft tonight on Smackdown Live on The USA Network friends!

Smart money says we get to draft a new Smackdown theme song as well.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested in seeing what they do to break Smackdown off from Raw, to give it its own identity. If they don't seem to, then don't get your hopes up, etc.

LMAO just thought...wouldn't it be godawful if an NXT draft pick was used on Mojo Rawley? Can you imagine avoiding him on TV?

Pikma

Banned
I'm interested in seeing what they do to break Smackdown off from Raw, to give it its own identity. If they don't seem to, then don't get your hopes up, etc.

LMAO just thought...wouldn't it be godawful if an NXT draft pick was used on Mojo Rawley? Can you imagine avoiding him on TV?
I like Mojo, he's so entertaining

I was really surprised about the cruirserweight announcement for RAW. I figured the main differentiator would be Smackdown being the workhorse show with a focus on competition ala NXT/CC.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was really surprised about the cruirserweight announcement for RAW. I figured the main differentiator would be Smackdown being the workhorse show with a focus on competition ala NXT/CC.

yeah I expected the opposite, to be honest.

klonere

Banned
yeah I expected the opposite, to be honest.

Makes me feel like they are committing to salvaging the three hour concept again by having an entire hour of the cruiserweights heavily influenced by the CWC. You don't dump all that money and production expertise into a project and not try and parlay some of it to the big money making flagship.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Makes me feel like they are committing to salvaging the three hour concept again by having an entire hour of the cruiserweights heavily influenced by the CWC. You don't dump all that money and production expertise into a project and not try and parlay some of it to the big money making flagship.

That'd make the first hour pretty nice. Ala Nitro...the best years of Nitro!

Kurita

STRONG STYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEE

also they need to replace the pop rock intros with dubstep. come into 2016 WWE. fuckin hell.

expecting flo rida
Dubstep, in 2016

Are you Vince?
If they want to be modern it needs indie-folk hipster songs

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Nice start. They need to have Shinsooky Nak America give some dismissive boots.

Don't have the gif, but it is one of my favorites where he kicks Naito in the head a few times.

Top Bottom