• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Meltzer's freaking out about the way Raw ended but the reason the show ended like that was obvious to me: they wanted to resolve it for the hardcore fans and fans in the arena (who'd be pissed if they left not knowing what happened) but they wanted a cliffhanger for casual fans for SmackDown.

It sounded like the mistake was not explicitly directing fans to check out the result on the Network or to tell them to tune in to SmackDown to find out what happened.

Zach

R0Z1kvI.jpg

bjork

So I finally watched the last episode of the Rifleman. Seasons of Lucas McCain shooting fools real quicklike, being a general badass and calling dudes "friend" before he lays em out. Then the last episode is about his son and his son's girl getting caught in some quicksand. What a drag, not nearly as good as the one where he beat the guys who brought a gatling gun into North Fork.

But, the good episodes are good. The one where Oat Jackford's men burn his house down, so he beats their and Oat's asses so bad, Oat makes them come down the next day and build him a new house. The one where he's mat wrestling Abe Lincoln in his front yard. And so on.

Gurrry

Meltzer's freaking out about the way Raw ended but the reason the show ended like that was obvious to me: they wanted to resolve it for the hardcore fans and fans in the arena (who'd be pissed if they left not knowing what happened) but they wanted a cliffhanger for casual fans for SmackDown.

The problem is no one knew this was happening. I watched raw live for the first time in like 2 years. The only way I heard it was happening was from a post on gaf. By the time I got the network loaded up, it was over.

Just a shit way to handle things. Like realllly reallly bad.

shanafan

The problem is no one knew this was happening. I watched raw live for the first time in like 2 years. The only way I heard it was happening was from a post on gaf. By the time I got the network loaded up, it was over.

Just a shit way to handle things. Like realllly reallly bad.

But if you didn't hear it on GAF, then it wouldn't have mattered.

It gives the viewers a reason to tune in tonight. So, after the opening segment tonight when they clear the air about the finish, it won't matter anymore.

Did fans really think it would be a clean finish match??

Gurrry

But if you didn't hear it on GAF, then it wouldn't have mattered.

It gives the viewers a reason to tune in tonight. So, after the opening segment tonight when they clear the air about the finish, it won't matter anymore.

Did fans really think it would be a clean finish match??

I knew it was gonna be a weird finish. However, I actually kind of liked the finish. It led us into BG with no clear cut champion. Leaving us with a winner take all situation on Sunday.

But then, they decided to just erase all of that and give it back to Dean and not tell anyone. Even the hardcore fans that were watching live wouldnt have known.

I just think if youre gonna do something, stick with it. Or if youre gonna do something extra on the network, fucking tell us so we can see it too. Dont just expect me to flip the the network right after a boring 3 hour raw.

Skatterd

Reposting from the Draft topic

Probably known, but schedule from an email I just got

7-8 Preshow WWE Network

8-10 WWE Draft USA

Draft Center Live WWE Network
Enhance your experience with WWE Draft Center! Watch on your laptop or mobile device simultaneously during the WWE Draft to get additional LIVE analysis from a panel of WWE experts.

10-11 Draft Center Live WWE Network
The WWE Draft continues! Don't miss the remaining draft picks for both Raw and SmackDown. Plus, exclusive Superstar interviews.

bjork

I know it's a big thing for them to try this again, but the idea of giving it that much coverage is just silly. I'll need about two minutes with a list tomorrow and I'll be as caught up as anyone suffering through all that tonight.

Caderfix

I know it's a big thing for them to try this again, but the idea of giving it that much coverage is just silly. I'll need about two minutes with a list tomorrow and I'll be as caught up as anyone suffering through all that tonight.

That goes to any RAW, SmackDown and PPV. The reason for such event is to make it "fun" for people watching it in real time, so we can see any possible conflict, strategies, etc. Might be bad, might be good, either way I'm excited to watch it.

Barrage

Thats true for any Draft, or anything really. Wikipedia summaries or dirtsheet recaps dont show ovations or surprises or actual ringwork or anything that makes wrestling wrestling.

bjork

Thats true for any Draft, or anything really. Wikipedia summaries or dirtsheet recaps dont show ovations or surprises or actual ringwork or anything that makes wrestling wrestling.

But it sure does make it easier to scan and go "oh, this sounds ok, I'll look this up" and consume the steak with all of the fat cut off.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Dean and Seth/Roman to double-pin Seth/Roman at the triple-threat? I know the outcome is a title belt on each brand but they're kind of just making me think the Battleground match will be worthless.

bjork

Wouldn't it make more sense for Dean and Seth/Roman to double-pin Seth/Roman at the triple-threat? I know the outcome is a title belt on each brand but they're kind of just making me think the Battleground match will be worthless.

It seems like that's how it would go, but what if it were a double pin on Dean and so they had to have a tournament on each show for that show's title, so we could see everyone in matches right off and build new stories that way?

It seems like that's how it would go, but what if it were a double pin on Dean and so they had to have a tournament on each show for that show's title, so we could see everyone in matches right off and build new stories that way?
bjork pls that's actually a good idea

I'd like that. Shane and DB could want their own belt and bring back the WHC since the current belt is just now the WWE championship. It could even end with Cena vs Styles' match at Summerslam being for the first champion. Maybe even toss Ambrose for a triple-threat.

bjork

I would also like to see, since Foley is the RAW GM, which gets more guys because of the longer show, the return of the hardcore belt with 24/7 rules. Probably never happen in this era, but it would be nice.

Mark ass Dave

bjork

Fellows, I completely wasted my entire night off. I sat here most of yesterday morning, went to bed at about 2 pm, then sat here from 10 pm until now, and now I'm going back to bed for like 10ish hours of sleep before work.

But it feels great. If I ever won the lotto, this is what I would do most days.

Top Bottom