• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

ngower

Bought tickets to Smackdown before the draft was a thing. Lucked out big time. Trying to stop telling myself that Nakamura *has* to get drafted so I won't be disappointed when Nia Jax, the Samoan Shield, et al get called up.

bjork

Liu Kang really is one of the worst posters on GAF.

Not that he needs me to go to bat for him, but I don't really agree with this. You could probably casually stroll through any of the other communities or gaming side and find much worse without much effort.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Liu Kang is great.

Cynicism is boring and too much. He's right.

bjork

There's a video on wwe.com about the first draft picks in past drafts. It says there's been eight draft picks. I completely forgot about all of the other drafts except for the first one.It says Kelly Kelly was a #1 pick. Also Khali. #1 draft pick for your show is like drawing #30 in the rumble.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my god, Meltzer is talking about Mojo being a possible pick. We're in trouble, friends!

bjork

Bought tickets to Smackdown before the draft was a thing. Lucked out big time. Trying to stop telling myself that Nakamura *has* to get drafted so I won't be disappointed when Nia Jax, the Samoan Shield, et al get called up.

Don't feel too bad if it happens. The last RAW I went to ended up having the spirit squad in the main event.

Aiii

So not worth it
Oh my god, Meltzer is talking about Mojo being a possible pick. We're in trouble, friends!

Imagine the heat on this fucker if they actually did this.

Realistically the guy can't even get on the card in NXT, no way they will want him up in the main roster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer said:
Am4rFYP.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean if I was looking to make the show better I'd draft American Alpha, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Bayley and Alexa. I mean, those are obvious choices if you only get 6 options to me.

I mean, you can take Asuka, but Alexa is basically ready and slots in as a jobber/midcarder (and they need a couple of those in the women's division, really). It doesn't make much sense to call up Asuka unless you're going to straight up put her in the title picture.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Are they introducing a new title tonight?
Would be a bit weird

No, that's Monday. Tonight, Steph sends out the Raw roster to help Seth, Shane sends out the Smackdown roster to help Dean, ending with a large brawl. WE'RE OUT OF TIME FOLKS, WE'LL SEE YOU AT BATTLEGROUND!"

I mean if I was looking to make the show better I'd draft American Alpha, Finn Balor, Shinsuke Nakamura, Samoa Joe, Bayley and Alexa. I mean, those are obvious choices if you only get 6 options to me.
These are also my picks, and also what I think the picks will actually be. It's a weird feeling.

My guess on the NXT 6:

• Finn Balor
  • Bayley
  • American Alpha
  • Nia Jax
  • Mojo Rawley
  • Ty Dillinger

Finn/Alpha/Bayley are gonna be the "shock" picks for the live show. I figure Nia/Mojo/Ty will get mentioned in the WWE exclusive hour. (Or Ty's gonna be the 10th pick.)

Ty will make people look good. Mojo's been in developmental for 3 years, has done main roster house shows for a while with Ryder. Nia's gonna be thrown in the general women's mix.

miserable

friends, I saw Trapped In The Closet today for the first time.

gbos8se.gif

how did I miss this??? this is like the greatest thing ever (well, the first 12 chapters at least). who woulda thunk R. Kelly had something like this in him

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
They don't need to draft Finn Balor. They can just say he's a Cruiserweight and have him fight forever with Neville.

FWIW I bet you if they shoot-weighed everyone like they did on the CWC a bunch of dudes would qualify because there's no way you're convincing me AJ Styles is 219.

Nia Jax is such a Stephanie pick

It'd be cool if they put the women's division on it's own show but I don't see it going on Smackdown when she wants to associate herself with the #revolution

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
friends, I saw Trapped In The Closet today for the first time.

gbos8se.gif

how did I miss this??? this is like the greatest thing ever (well, the first 12 chapters at least). who woulda thunk R. Kelly had something like this in him

How did you miss this? The Final Deletion is a good comparison to Trapped in the Closet.

Alexa I don't think will go up. Bayley's definitely being brought up along with Nia Jax and I'd say Alexa would be the only woman in the NXT roster with her gone who could have a good program with Asuka over the belt after Brooklyn.

klonere

Banned
Wait what the fuck LADY BALLS is a real thing? Are you fucking serious? How? Who thought that was a good idea? LADY BALLS?!?!? WHAT??!?!

I seriously thought it was a loldirtsheets rumour but then Review-a-Raw is telling me it was uttered on WWE TV? Holy shit this COMPANY

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what the fuck LADY BALLS is a real thing? Are you fucking serious? How? Who thought that was a good idea? LADY BALLS?!?!? WHAT??!?!

I seriously thought it was a loldirtsheets rumour but then Review-a-Raw is telling me it was uttered on WWE TV? Holy shit this COMPANY

What's the problem? Steph got you shook?
7hh1yqG.gif

Lol, yeah. Shane was saying that if Steph was a dude he'd hit her or something but she doesn't have balls so he won't. Then Steph was all "I have lady balls and they're bigger".

Some said it had something to do with her book but I don't know, came off like they trademarked the term for a dumb joke.

Top Bottom