• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Heel

Sunflower, even though I correctly predicted the return of the Cruiserweight title yesterday, I did not see it as going to RAW.

Very curious decision to not have it paired with Daniel Bryan on SmackDown. I mean, they were going to watch RAW anyway, so may as well attempt to go full SmarkDown and give it its own unique flavor. Maybe they were worried about live attendance if the rosters were too imbalanced?

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. Curious to see where this is all going.

Toki767

Sunflower, even though I correctly predicted the return of the Cruiserweight title yesterday, I did not see it as going to RAW.

Very curious decision to not have it paired with Daniel Bryan on SmackDown. I mean, they were going to watch RAW anyway, so may as well attempt to go full SmarkDown and give it its own unique flavor. Maybe they were worried about live attendance if the rosters were too imbalanced?

Seems like a bit of a missed opportunity. Curious to see where this is all going.

Raw can't fill 3 hours without a unique division.

implying you have to take on masculine characteristics (or that having a vagina is a drawback) to be successful in business or life in general is a p bad thing to say!
It wasn't the worst thing that happened. We had Shane tell Stephanie that the only reason she was around was because she married herself into relevancy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
implying you have to take on masculine characteristics (or that having a vagina is a drawback) to be successful in business or life in general is a p bad thing to say!

She's skewing culture, though. Which does not define her. It's good!

I was shocked too, really surprised to see that head to Raw. That's promising, but it also takes Danny Bryan outside of what people would expect would be his wheelhouse. It's definitely interesting.

I wonder what people would think if Women's wrestling was brand-specific. Their roster is MUCH thinner so it could be quite robust in that way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
At a certain point the lines between "work" and "shoot" become so blurred, you just can't tell the difference anymore

Its easy to label someone a gimmick poster instead of admit you may be wrong, you may not. Stay open minded, and don't dismiss peoples' opinions. That's Cunt Planet behavior.

Stephanie's book is actually titled Lady Balls????
So AJ Lee doesn't have the worst autobiography name ever.

Yay!

fVnBoK2.gif

Prompto

Banned
friends, I saw Trapped In The Closet today for the first time.

gbos8se.gif

how did I miss this??? this is like the greatest thing ever (well, the first 12 chapters at least). who woulda thunk R. Kelly had something like this in him
The Final Deletion/Matt Hardy has nothing on Trapped in the Closet

Penguin

So probably a bit of a loaded question for this group, but I am curious... has anyone actually missed Roman Reigns over the past month?

korly

friends, I saw Trapped In The Closet today for the first time.

gbos8se.gif

how did I miss this??? this is like the greatest thing ever (well, the first 12 chapters at least). who woulda thunk R. Kelly had something like this in him

There's an amazing bonus feature on the DVD with R. Kelly superimposed onto the screen smoking a cigar and watching & commenting on how amazing his rhymes are.

Heel

Here is my shoot top five if I'm drafting a popular, profitable wrestling roster. Drawing power, age and upside taken into consideration -

1. John Cena
2. Seth Rollins
3. Roman Reigns
4. The New Day
5. Brock Lesnar

What John Cena lacks in years left in the ring he makes up with mainstream cachet, making him the de facto #1 pick without question. Once he's done in the ring, you keep him on as an authority role and brand ambassador.

Brock Lesnar is admittedly a short term play, but I don't see anyone below him that I'd select who could outweigh his current value as a mainstream spectacle.

What's your top five in a shoot draft, friends?

Here is my shoot top five if I'm drafting a popular, profitable wrestling roster. Drawing power, age and upside taken into consideration -

1. John Cena
2. Seth Rollins
3. Roman Reigns
4. The New Day
5. Brock Lesnar

What John Cena lacks in years left in the ring he makes up with mainstream cachet, making him the de facto #1 pick without question. Once he's done in the ring, you keep him on as an authority role and brand ambassador.

Brock Lesnar is admittedly a short term play, but I don't see anyone below him that I'd select who could outweigh his current value as a mainstream spectacle.

Poor Heel, you need to stay up to date even in closing hours or else you'll miss the real number 1 pick.

Oh, I completely get it. Trust me, I feel the same way haha
Imagine being the only 8 year old who weighed 100lbs. Then ten weighing 150. Then yeah, you get the point. I got bullied so I became the Bully, now life is great! Everyone looks up to me. I won't even mention weighing 300lbs in 9th grade.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1. John Cena
2. Seth Rollins
3. Roman Reigns
4. The New Day
5. Brock Lesnar

One big reason I wanted Lesnar on my side was that there's still MANY stories you can tell with him and new people. It may feel short term but you can get a lot out of a couple years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao damn, wrasslegaf has bigger reach than I thought. Handful of people on kideo game side catching feels over me hating their favorite podcast that I've never seen before with quips like "based on how you act in the wrestling thread" - wow. Had no idea we were so watched and loved.

They're gonna be real happy when I'm gone for a year!

Zach

Lmao damn, wrasslegaf has bigger reach than I thought. Handful of people on kideo game side catching feels over me hating their favorite podcast that I've never seen before with quips like "based on how you act in the wrestling thread" - wow. Had no idea we were so watched and loved.

What's the podcast in question? And stop talking about that Punk fight.

Toki767

I'm pretty sure a lot of people actually read these threads but just don't post.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's the podcast in question? And stop talking about that Punk fight.
I'm looking forward to it because no matter the outcome, I win.

Shitty Retronauts. It's just so bland. And people over there that are getting into it with me think it's some kind of sin to get bored to tears with people reading google docs and Wikipedia entries. It's not a big deal, I like big personalities in my shows I listen to (not assholes, people have a hard time separating the difference) - so I wanted something good. I've found some okay recommends. Nothing amazing yet.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

95% of content is made by like 10% of the users. That's how forums work. There's probably 10 time as many people who passively read WrassleGAF vs. those who actually post.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm looking forward to it because no matter the outcome, I win.

Shitty Retronauts. It's just so bland. And people over there that are getting into it with me think it's some kind of sin to get bored to tears with people reading google docs and Wikipedia entries. It's not a big deal, I like big personalities in my shows I listen to (not assholes, people have a hard time separating the difference) - so I wanted something good. I've found some okay recommends. Nothing amazing yet.
I could never get into Retronauts either.

Top Bottom