• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

klonere

Banned
This draft was a fucking disgrace.

Smackdown is going to completely bomb and USA Network is going to kill Vince for making them pay him all this money for shit ratings for the next 2 years

If we could have thread titles this long, I'd pick this to be the next one

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mojo over
Nakamura
Bayley
Bobby Roooooodddeeee
Austin Aeries
Rhyno
Cien Almas
Itami
Is Eric Young still there?
GAF favorite The Drifter
Samoa Joe
The Revival
Asuka

I know the last 3 are champs, but was it too hard to say "Champs are not eligible?"

Drifter is injured, no?
Aries is shit, and is meant to be a Wrestling Grandpa down there to help have NXT people have experience folks to train with, same with that other Wrestling Grandpa Bobby Roode.

Rhyno is Wrestling Grandpa

Eric Young is trash

I have no answer for Bayley's omission. LMAO man, it's a funny, funny ass thing

Browny

Banned
BUT THEY'RE JUST HAVIN' A GOOD TIME MAGGLE

9431%20-%20The_JBL_And_Cole_Show%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20john_bradshaw_layfield%20laughing%20smiling%20suit%20wwe.gif

:-(

Sorry man. I hate the oaf as well if it's any consolation.

I'm just being a fairweather wrasslin' fan and reading up about the draft - I take it they fucked up as per usual? Nia Jax's green ass - Raw, Bayley - hovering around Florida for longer? Gotta love those Rock family genes.

Are they creating a second world title? If not, how will they go about arranging interpromotional title matches?

Drifter is injured, no?
Aries is shit, and is meant to be a Wrestling Grandpa down there to help have NXT people have experience folks to train with, same with that other Wrestling Grandpa Bobby Roode.

Rhyno is Wrestling Grandpa

Eric Young is trash

I have no answer for Bayley's omission. LMAO man, it's a funny, funny ass thing
Aeries and Roode are around AJ's age who was like the 4th pick. Age isn't a factor unless you're above 45

Kaladin

Draft was great. Surprised there's so much negativity. Things will be shaken up and there's new blood, that's something to be happy about

Smackdown is looking to be must-see each week, with the exception of FUCKING MOJO

Who knows though maybe we'll get Shadow Mojo.

Seriously? Like nothing changed. They literally sent the talent they had nothing for in the larger brand to Tuesday nights. Raw has the best talent of the two, bar none and there is no real shaking things up.

I don't really get breaking up The Club because even though the name was stupid, they were building steam with this feud with Cena and Enzo and Cass.

As for the top picks, Raw got all the big money names, they got three undercard titles and a cruiserweight division which hasn't really been touched on.

Smackdown got AJ Styles, Dean Ambrose, John Cena and Randy Orton. That is the top of the Smackdown card. Styles and Ambrose would eventually get lost in the mid card shuffle again in the large brands and it feels like this younger talent have passed Cena and Orton by. They might put butts in the seats, but they strongly emphasized that Cena has a growing list of other commitments and Orton has been out for so long it would be difficult for him to get truly over, especially considering that Brock is going to squash him.

Don't even get me started on this announce team. Mauro, JBL and Otunga for Smackdown? Ugh. What happened to Lawler? He's been much better than JBL lately and has been a consistent heel. Raw also gets Corey Graves who is one of the best new announce talent in a while. Imagine if they had just gone with Graves and Mauro on Smackdown. That would potentially be the best commentary duo in a long time.

I'll see how this all pans out but damn, they didn't do Smackdown any favors. They're supposed to put together PPVs with this roster?

Caderfix

Here's what I look forward to:

RAW:
Rollins
Owens
Zayn
Lesnar
Rusev
Enzo and Cass
Hot Asian Wife
Cesaro
Paige
Balor

Smackdown:
AJ
Bray
Becky
Corbin
Alexa Bliss

Caderfix

If you think Cesaro was upset during his interview, just imagine his reaction when he discovered that he's 6'3" tall, debuted in 1999, is a 9-time tag team champions and weights 280 pounds.

CnxmioxVYAAU0iL.jpg

This is unbelievable.

Zach

I just realised that my worst nightmare is still true now; Ambrose and JBL are on the same brand.

HE'S A LUNATIC MARROW, COME ON MARROW LOOK AT HIS PERFECTLY NORMAL HUMAN FACE, IT'S HIDEOUS TODAY SHOW MORNING TALK SHOWS SCARING CHILDREN CRAZY LUNATIC DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING HE JUST DOES IT LUNATIC MARROW, MARROW HE'S A HOTHEAD MAD MAN
Haha, oh god.

Kaladin

What was up with the split screen presentation during commercials in the opening match but abandoning it for the rest of the show? That was cool and I wanted more, especially in the main event.

And with NXT loosing graves, not only do both main roster shows suck, NXT looses one of their best assets.

This night basically made the entire product much poorer to the point where I don't want to watch any program by WWE.

jmdajr

For real.

I went through this whole DRAFT thread and it was incredibly entertaining. Far more than the show itself.

Thank You all.

edit: also

17218%20-%20Backstage_Fallout%20Emma%20Lana%20Rosa_Mendes%20Summer_Rae%20alicia_fox%20autoplay_gif%20crying%20eva_marie%20gif%20hugging%20natalya%20paige%20wwe%20wwe_diva's_championship.gif

Zach

Aren't they bringing in more guys to Smackdown and RAW? Like, undrafted free agents and whatnot? Those can't be the complete rosters, right? I thought they were contacting a bunch of old-timers to come in? Is that not still happening?

Because he would still be boring.
I don't find him boring.

Why do some of you still use this archaic term? Even WWE has admitted its negative connotation and nixed it, yet I see it here often. Is it just habit?
I have found myself typing and deleting the term diva more than I'd like to, force of habit.

You guys laugh, but you think it's a coincidence JBL is calling the brand Dean Ambrose is leading?

Are you suggesting that JBL might have one more match in him?!

Top Bottom