• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Kaladin

I still want to know the story behind the split screen experiment. It was cool, different and looked like a new era thing. But no, they abandoned it after the Cena match and it was never mentioned again. It was sorely needed in the main event. I tend to lose interest in a match when there are commercial breaks in the action.

LaK5dnk.jpg

Dean used to be as big as Roman holy shit.

Scottify

So JBL is now going to be on Smackdown? Damn it, he ruins everything. Is Mauro still going to be the play by play guy or did all the announce teams get shaken up?

notworksafe

I'm pretty pleased with the Smackdown roster and commentary. I think it is perfect for a two hour show. It would be very easy to get 4-6 good matches every week from that group of folks and some guys like Apollo and Bray are really gonna get a chance to shine. AJ is just gonna be awesome there as well. Very excited for the new shows to start!

jmdajr

So basically the only ripped Samoans are Reigns and Rock and we pretty much know why.
Well I guess Rock is just half.

Superfly was on the juice for sure.

Caderfix

From the Draft thread:

Watching this now, those last televised picks were great in terms of hilarious delivery.

Foley: "I did something great here 18 years ago, here's Cesaro"

Shane: "We're going to add some FIRE to Smackdown, so we pick former World Heavyweight Champion Kane Alberto Del Rio"

That was very weird indeed.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty pleased with the Smackdown roster and commentary. I think it is perfect for a two hour show. It would be very easy to get 4-6 good matches every week from that group of folks and some guys like Apollo and Bray are really gonna get a chance to shine. AJ is just gonna be awesome there as well. Very excited for the new shows to start!

The fact that it has the crew it has, and is limited to two hours is great. Will be more of a focus on story without the bloat, and they won't be "continuing" Raw feuds.

notworksafe

The fact that it has the crew it has, and is limited to two hours is great. Will be more of a focus on story without the bloat, and they won't be "continuing" Raw feuds.

Exactly! I see people are complaining a lot but I think SD has the better potential for an actual fresh start for some of these guys/gals and has lots of room to grow.

They have to capitalize on the Cesaro situation. I actually wonder was that real frustration. Either way, I would've picked him over a lot of people even though his theme is annoying as shit.

They have to capitalize on the Cesaro situation. I actually wonder was that real frustration. Either way, I would've picked him over a lot of people even though his theme is annoying as shit.
Definietly real, they are NOT capitalizing. In fact, I think they'll have Steph visit SD to emasculate him for speaking the truth.

ngower

I was at Smackdown last night and it was kind of boring in person. We got no promos from people being drafted, no one entered (how the hell do you not have Finn or AA come out for those sweet pops?), matches were kinda lame, there was no explanation as to why certain people were or were not drafted...storywise it makes zero god damn sense why Bryan/Shane would draft certain folks and why anyone would draft someone like Baron Corbin over the current US/IC champs. It really was just poorly executed and gives me zero hope that Smackdown isn't just gonna be the shittier show again.

Also, not drafting Nakamura felt like wasted potential to me. Draft him and have him wrassle ANYONE last night and you've won the crowd. Gah, it's just so frustrating.

Also, I was pissed my boy Cesaro lost to Jericho for seemingly no reason BUT I'm all about he and Ziggler's promos. Two of my favorites, hands down, but consistently get shit on by creative. Love to see them use the unscripted format of the Draft Center to get a little love from the IWC.

klonere

Banned
The fact that there was very little to no reactions from talent on TV or any NXT talent in person to react to their callups shows that the show was not about the performers and was little more than another window dressing for McMahon family drama, a storyline I hope they run with until they have to close the fucking shop up.

Ithil

The fact that there was very little to no reactions from talent on TV or any NXT talent in person to react to their callups shows that the show was not about the performers and was little more than another window dressing for McMahon family drama, a storyline I hope they run with until they have to close the fucking shop up.

Yeah, all the reaction interviews bar a few were on the Network only instead of being on TV. Instead of some extremely meaningless matches that had no heat because the crowd was eager to see the next draft picks, that Cesaro promo should have been on TV, same with Finn's, Owens', etc.

Maybe not Kalisto's.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Seems like they intentionally avoided everyone who's going to appear at TakeOver Brooklyn.

klonere

Banned
Yeah, all the reaction interviews bar a few were on the Network only instead of being on TV. Instead of some extremely meaningless matches that had no heat because the crowd was eager to see the next draft picks, that Cesaro promo should have been on TV, same with Finn's, Owens', etc.

Maybe not Kalisto's.

Like it's cool that Finn was picked so early but man did they make all the picks feel like...so what? We didn't even get a modern equivalent to the Undertaker freaks out gif.

As for Kalisto, I'm sure some people would have enjoyed seeing a man's career die on national TV

Zach

This hot new stable of retirees Paul Orndorff, Larry Zbyszko, and Arn Anderson is just what the doctor ordered in 1999.

Top Bottom