• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Browny

Banned

Bless strobogo.
You have to find the one from 92 or 93 I think - half the crowd do it with him. It's amazing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The unscripted promo shit combined with not telling anyone what they were going to be doing resulted in a fucking goldmine for Botchamania.

I'll be honest. I found this to be a nice moment. It's nice we got at least a brief glimpse of some superstars and their reaction to being drafted.

I would have loved if they actually did just cut back to a room all the superstars are in the minute their names were said instead of showing their Titantron and playing their theme.

Anth0ny

holy FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK LAPSED FAN JUST DID ROYAL RUMBLE 2000

ONE OF THE GOAT PPVS

it's almost like they follow WrassleGAF member Zach's PPV grading posts! What a perfect tie in!

If you want to get a taste of what a Zach A+ show is like, listen to Lapsed Fan's review of RR 2000.

Except you, Zach. You gotta wait til after the review.

Sephzilla

I don't understand why half of the NXT picks were saved for after the show. Common sense would seem to indicate that you'd want to give these guys a big draft reveal to generate hype for the talent. But this is WWE, and they screw up everything. It's like 2001 WCW lives on in them as some crazy ghost.

Zach

ONE OF THE GOAT PPVS

it's almost like they follow WrassleGAF member Zach's PPV grading posts! What a perfect tie in!

If you want to get a taste of what a Zach A+ show is like, listen to Lapsed Fan's review of RR 2000.

Thank you for avoiding Zach spoilers, my friend. I hope it's awesome after that dismal Armageddon show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand why half of the NXT picks were saved for after the show. Common sense would seem to indicate that you'd want to give these guys a big draft reveal to generate hype for the talent. But this is WWE, and they screw up everything. It's like 2001 WCW lives on in them as some crazy ghost.

I read this as you being disappointed Mojo Rawley didn't get TV time for a reveal

Cesaro shooting might be the only time I've ever cared about him on the mic. I still don't know if it's the writing or his bland delivery that ruins his normal work for me.

ONE OF THE GOAT PPVS

I suppose I should give them another shot.

Sephzilla

I read this as you being disappointed Mojo Rawley didn't get TV time for a reveal

Hajpdmt.gif

Okay, five out of the six should have been on TV.

But honestly, even though I don't like Mojo I think his draft pick should have been on TV too just to give the guy something. Nobody deserves to get Ascension'd.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Because all of them are gonna be jobbing. The ones that were on TV were on TV for a reason.

klonere

Banned
btw this officially puts Cesaro in Ziggler tier - his best promos are off TV and mostly frustrated shots at management. Just wait till he starts really phoning it in wrestling wise. The transformation will be complete.

XenoRaven

Anyone think Dolph can turn it around?

If Matt Hardy can... I believe.
I've really soured on Dolph over the years. A lot of things I think and say about him are probably unfair, but here's something I think is perfectly fair.

Matt has constantly and consistently reinvented himself when things got stale. He went from jobber to xtreme dude to whatever Matt Hardy V1 was to bragging about how rich he was to ROH fans to #Broken Matt Hardy. There might be more in there that I'm not even aware of.

Dolph does this dumb wink/nudge passive aggressive complaining thing interspersed between telling everyone how he's that damn good and that he's going to steal the show or whatever. He's been doing this I came back to wrestling in 2011. He's never bothered to truly reinvent himself or do anything significant to change his situation. He just tells everyone he deserves better.

klonere

Banned
I've really soured on Dolph over the years. A lot of things I think and say about him are probably unfair, but here's something I think is perfectly fair.

Matt has constantly and consistently reinvented himself when things got stale. He went from jobber to xtreme dude to whatever Matt Hardy V1 was to bragging about how rich he was to ROH fans to #Broken Matt Hardy. There might be more in there that I'm not even aware of.

Dolph does this dumb wink/nudge passive aggressive complaining thing interspersed between telling everyone how he's that damn good and that he's going to steal the show or whatever. He's been doing this I came back to wrestling in 2011. He's never bothered to truly reinvent himself or do anything significant to change his situation. He just tells everyone he deserves better.

Dolph Ziggler - in the WWE

Matt Hardy - not in the WWE

some key differences here.

Fox318

btw this officially puts Cesaro in Ziggler tier - his best promos are off TV and mostly frustrated shots at management. Just wait till he starts really phoning it in wrestling wise. The transformation will be complete.

lol no

Cesaro isn't a Becky Lynch

Hex

Banned
Mojo over
Nakamura
Bayley
Bobby Roooooodddeeee
Austin Aeries
Rhyno
Cien Almas
Itami
Is Eric Young still there?
GAF favorite The Drifter
Samoa Joe
The Revival
Asuka

I know the last 3 are champs, but was it too hard to say "Champs are not eligible?"

Doesn't Mojo tag with Ryder?

Top Bottom