• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

klonere

Banned
lol no

Cesaro isn't a Becky Lynch

Cesaro, like Becky, will never win a title in the WWE again. He's gonna have a few good matches here and there. That's it. That's all he's ever gonna be seen as. He wasn't as over as Ziggler was at their comparative peaks and he will be forgotten about much quicker. All you can do is hope he asks for a release and goes elsewhere. No amount of shitty little shoot promos off TV will get him anywhere in the WWE. When Steve Austin directly advocating for you to the boss gets you nowhere, your stumbling English frustrations aren't going to work, except get some internet fans excited.

Fact.

Ithil

The 3 to RAW, 2 to SD is what really killed SD in the draft, it just looks terribly bare in comparison, but the excuse that RAW is 3 hours doesn't make much sense when they are going to create a cruiserweight division that presumably will have a load of guys from the CWC added to the RAW roster, so basically RAW is going to have 75% of the talent compared to 25% for SD.

Is that not going to be an absurd imbalance?

I don't understand why half of the NXT picks were saved for after the show. Common sense would seem to indicate that you'd want to give these guys a big draft reveal to generate hype for the talent. But this is WWE, and they screw up everything. It's like 2001 WCW lives on in them as some crazy ghost.

Eventually you realize that just because you win a war, or survive a fight, doesn't mean you're smart. You're smarter than the guy that lost, but that's it.

Sometimes both sides are idiots. And in wrestling (and MMA), every company is an idiot.

So you want super coked up Dolph Ziggler teaming with The Miz to form D-Generation Z?
W3X5YiE.gif

Don't give them ideas!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If SD is going to have a women's division at all, Carmella and Alexa won't be jobbing.

You make it sound like they aren't going to just have Natalya and Becky fighting on every SD PPV from now for the rest of time.

If we're being optimistic, adding Nakamura and Samoa Joe would make the SD roster look a LOT better.

The 3 to RAW, 2 to SD is what really killed SD in the draft, it just looks terribly bare in comparison, but the excuse that RAW is 3 hours doesn't make much sense when they are going to create a cruiserweight division that presumably will have a load of guys from the CWC added to the RAW roster, so basically RAW is going to have 75% of the talent compared to 25% for SD.

Is that not going to be an absurd imbalance?

Given that they drafted the smallest guy on the roster to SmackDown, we can probably safely assume the CW division is a long ways off.

XenoRaven

Dolph Ziggler - in the WWE

Matt Hardy - not in the WWE

some key differences here.
People in WWE have reinvented themselves.

Also, again, this isn't fair to Dolph, but I get the impression he takes himself too seriously to do the things Matt has done to try and stay relevant.

If Dolph went on the indies, I don't see him suddenly blossoming into something much greater. I see him doing the same thing he does now only with less formulaic matches.

Menome

So after all the speculation and whispered rumours, we ended up with absolutely no 'legends' returning for a surprise draft reveal at all?

Admittedly, half of them are currently suing WWE, but you'd think at least one would have made it in.

As for the talent-split, Smackdown wins it for me. AJ Styles, Ambrose, American Alpha, modern John Cena. That's a big draw for me and it would have really been the cherry on top if Kevin Owens had gone to Smackdown too.

Glad to see Finn's finally been called up. Means there's one less person in the way of the NXT Championship for a returning Samson.

YgqQufv.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see the prob. I like The Lapsed Fan. If their listeners want it and they're willing to provide it, what's the issue? It's like you watching an eight-hour RAW.

I'd intervene. Spirit Sunflower would stop NVM from doing something so riddled with self-harm.

I like Raw but seriously

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Cesaro's still in the company by this time 2018 I'll be shocked. I feel like that's being polite by a year but eh.

His "shoot promo" people are nuts about were basically him reading Dolph Ziggler tweets for the past few years

Aiii

So not worth it
Remember we will have this to look forward to in the near future...
Stephanie's inspirational memoir reveals her life growing up behind the scenes in WWE and the story of her journey to becoming Chief Brand Officer — including her successes and failures in the business world — and valuable advice for anyone working in a challenging industry today. She is also candid about balancing her family life with the instense schedule and demands of WWE.
...Get ready to be inspired by someone born into the 1% and read about how hard it was too rose to the top in her father's own company. I'm sure we'll all fine something to take away from this book that will help us fulfill our true destinies.

...Get ready to be inspired by someone both into the 1% and read about how hard it was too rose to the top in her father's own company. I'm sure we'll all fine something to take away from this book that will help us fulfill our true destinies.
She has zero Samoan blood in her veins. The odds were stacked against her

Zach

...Get ready to be inspired by someone born into the 1% and read about how hard it was too rose to the top in her father's own company. I'm sure we'll all fine something to take away from this book that will help us fulfill our true destinies.
Here comes NeoGAF Vince McMahon!!

Hex

Banned
So? Even then:

Hype Bros over
Nakamura
Bayley
Bobby Roooooodddeeee
Austin Aeries
Rhyno
Cien Almas
Itami
Is Eric Young still there?
GAF favorite The Drifter
Samoa Joe
The Revival
Asuka

Rhyno has been there and done that. He is up there with Big Show and Kane in the level of excitement.
Nak and Joe have a program starting up, as do Bayley and Asuka.
Roode has to put in some time in NXT even if it is brief, and he will eventually come to the uppers with AA as a tag team.
Cien Almas is still rough around the edges.
Itami just got back from an injury, he got sidelined before he had a real program.
The Revival are the champs, when a team is worth taking the belts they will come up.

Sounds like Osprey signed a contract with evolve, which is bad news for ROH

Not like ROH didn't have their chance, especially once Will signed on with NJPW, but then Gabe's always had his finger on the pulse of indie wrestling whereas ROH are more concerned with hiring people who pay $250+ for their training camps.

Ithil

Valuable advice including "Be born to a rich wrestling promoter".

Sounds like Osprey signed a contract with evolve, which is bad news for ROH

The bad news is gonna keep coming. PWTorch saying that Dijak's contract is up in Sept and the contracts of Lethal, Cole, the Bucks, and ReDragon are up after Final Battle. Can't imagine they'll be able to retain all of them, and it doesn't help they already failed to retain Cedric, Moose, and Roderick

Aiii

So not worth it
Here comes NeoGAF Vince McMahon!!

I just do not understand why they are selling her book that way. Steph has a cool story to tell, growing up in riches with an ambitious father and around one of the weirdest environments in the entire world. Her aunt's and uncles were larger than life and often drugged up drunken fuckers. That is an insane story and she should tell that.

But someone growing up in privilege that never succeeded outside her own family's business is just not going to inspire anyone to do accomplish anything. For a PR guru, Steph seems to not have any real grasp on how to sell shit.

Top Bottom