• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Can we talk about how great it is that Graves is being moved up to the main roster announce team, and Lawler is gone?

Curious to see who does NXT now.

Guzim

Remember we will have this to look forward to in the near future...

...Get ready to be inspired by someone born into the 1% and read about how hard it was too rose to the top in her father's own company. I'm sure we'll all fine something to take away from this book that will help us fulfill our true destinies.

"instense"

Ithil

Can we talk about how great it is that Graves is being moved up to the main roster announce team, and Lawler is gone?

Graves is great. I'm glad he made it after his career got cut short at a young age. I wish he was working with Mauro and not Cole, but he deserves all the success, and at least him crapping on Saxton will be amusing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The broke up Lucha Dragons and Social Outcasts.

Lucha Dragons broke up on Facebook ahead of the draft and 2/3 of the Outcasts went to Raw with the third guy being completely undrafted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Pretty interesting. I'm in the minority that really likes Byron Saxton too. All great now. Cole's also excellent, people need to check themselves over what makes an announcer great. He's always relaying information and always promoting what needs to be promoted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Remember we will have this to look forward to in the near future...

...Get ready to be inspired by someone born into the 1% and read about how hard it was too rose to the top in her father's own company. I'm sure we'll all fine something to take away from this book that will help us fulfill our true destinies.

You can give someone the tools, but a true artist will understand how to use it.

All hail Queen Stephanie.
zTK29i3.gif

bjork

I hope it comes out in the book that she was behind Montreal and Daniel Bryan getting rehired after the tie thing or something.

People getting worked into thinking Cesaro's promo was a shoot? 😂

You really think anyone on the roster, let alone CESARO, has the guts to go off-script like that? Because if so, then I have a rock to sell you that can prevent tiger attacks.

I'm interested to see if they hold off any Balor/Club shenanigans until further down the line or if they start it Sunday (Either Balor helps The Club win, or Gallows/Anderson beat on AJ when they lose, or a combination of both)

Would obviously shape how they decide to debut Finn on the roster monday

Toki767

I just do not understand why they are selling her book that way. Steph has a cool story to tell, growing up in riches with an ambitious father and around one of the weirdest environments in the entire world. Her aunt's and uncles were larger than life and often drugged up drunken fuckers. That is an insane story and she should tell that.

But someone growing up in privilege that never succeeded outside her own family's business is just not going to inspire anyone to do accomplish anything. For a PR guru, Steph seems to not have any real grasp on how to sell shit.

But she came up in a man's business and took over when all signs originally pointed to her brother taking over.

Yeah. That's the best I got.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm interested to see if they hold off any Balor/Club shenanigans until further down the line or if they start it Sunday (Either Balor helps The Club win, or Gallows/Anderson beat on AJ when they lose, or a combination of both)

Would obviously shape how they decide to debut Finn on the roster monday

I want Big Show Fale and the Club to carry him around. That photoshop had me sold.

Ithil

People getting worked into thinking Cesaro's promo was a shoot? ��

You really think anyone on the roster, let alone CESARO, has the guts to go off-script like that? Because if so, then I have a rock to sell you that can prevent tiger attacks.

Guts?

The whole Draft Center show was very obviously unscripted at least compared to the draconian scripting of RAW/SD, because everyone was misspeaking and going in circles where even WWE crummy scripts would have avoided.

Unless you think they scripted Kalisto to say "a good lucha thing".

jmdajr

So after all the speculation and whispered rumours, we ended up with absolutely no 'legends' returning for a surprise draft reveal at all?

Admittedly, half of them are currently suing WWE, but you'd think at least one would have made it in.

I don't get how Animal is suing the WWE. Dude wrestled like what..everywhere?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One little bit about it though

If someone shoots and it has no effect, is it really a shoot? I can't imagine WWE even cares enough to penalize him for his criticisms. And they're just..."yeah, we know, who cares"

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Daniel Bryan agreed to return to WWE back in May … and the initial pitch called for SmackDown Live‘s new General Manager to come back much sooner.

Sources tell us the original suggested timeline called for Vince McMahon to announce the brand split and WWE Draft the night after Money in the Bank, as well as the return of Daniel Bryan.

We’re told he would have also announced that Shane McMahon and Stephanie McMahon would continue running the flagship show and Bryan would’ve butt heads with them leading to the draft.

No word on why the storyline was altered — or when Mick Foley was brought into the picture — but as usual, plans can change at the drop of a dime in WWE.

Toki767

You could easily tell nothing on the Network was scripted.

Cesaro's promo.
Kallisto's promo.
Booker T the entire night.
Even the Usos were acknowledging that they started getting booed thanks to being aligned with Reigns.

Cesaro's promo.
Kallisto's promo.
Even the Usos were acknowledging that they started getting booed thanks to being aligned with Reigns.
Lol! I walked out when they were talking. Holy fuck. Usos know what's up. They're my boys anyway. But Booker was great last night, I miss him doing commentary.

UPDATE: In addition to the commentary booth updates on Raw, SmackDown Live and more, WWE Hall of Famers Booker T and Jerry “The King” Lawler will bring their decades of experience in sports-entertainment to recurring Pre-Shows and Kickoffs as key analysts, among other names still to be announced. Stay with WWE.com for additional updates.

There you go.

Sephzilla

Cesaro's promo.
Kallisto's promo.

Even Charlotte slipped up a little and used a carny term when she called Dana Brooke her "heater"

Striker

I think the only one here who doesn't actively watch a wrestling program is me.
I haven't watched an actual show or full PPV in so long. I reside by YT clips and this thread.

Why did they introduce the rule where you can break tag teams up but not use it?
You know considering how lame they've used the Dudley Boyz, a Bully Ray heel run on Smackdown would've been great. But TNA does a better job at managing certain people it's kind of pathetic.

Smackdown has potential Team Hell No segments to happen. It wins.

Also is the fact Kane was drafted as Demon Kane gonna come into play? Corporate Kane to casually show up at Raw.

Top Bottom