• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this is
YOSHI-HASHI's
year goddammit!

And omg at
Nagata

And double omg at
Honma
!!!!

(G1 night 2 results spoilers)

Browny

Banned
Cn-DmO6WYAIaL32.jpg

Miz making that belt look like a fucking million dollars

Miz making that shitshow of a suit look good too. The man is great as an ambassador.

Zach

Haha, Piper is talking to The Powers That Be (Vince Russo) in the back and TPTB is telling him he's gonna have to "take their heat!" and Piper's all I'll like "I'm gonna shoot with you, and all the smarks, and all the marks..." So naturally I was going to post a screenshot, but hilariously, in place of "smarks" on the closed captioning, it says "[indistinct]".

WWE protecting the business.

Wow, ROH...

They've got a UK tour in November ahead of the annual PCW/ROH Supershow of Honor events, but have somehow managed to run Liverpool on the same day as PCW. Can't imagine PCW are best pleased about their supposed partner big leaguing them the week before their joint shows.
Well that's not smart on a couple levels. ROH what are you DOING

From the dirt I heard, PCW tried to big time ROH into exclusive UK bookings, and ROH said lolno fuck off

I think that deal is dead.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From the dirt I heard, PCW tried to big time ROH into exclusive UK bookings, and ROH said lolno fuck off

I think that deal is dead.

Well there you go, then

It's a different wrestling approach, but the singlets scream Steiners.

I'd still love to see them come out at a big PPV with Kurt as their manager

Let Kurt die alone, please

Let's have the Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin do it

Zach

Zach, as a big WCW guy how does it make you feel to basically see Steiner Brothers 2.0 in American Alpha?

I know you asked Zach but they're nowhere near Steiners 2.0

It's a different wrestling approach, but the singlets scream Steiners.

I'd still love to see them come out at a big PPV with Kurt as their manager
Mmhmm, mmhmm. I see the influence, and I love them, and I don't mind them being mentioned in the same breath as The Steiners, but I don't think they're quite there yet.

But late '80s/early '90s Steiner Bros. is my favorite tag team ever.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Mmhmm, mmhmm. I see the influence, and I love them, and I don't mind them being mentioned in the same breath as The Steiners, but I don't think they're quite there yet.

But late '80s/early '90s Steiner Bros. is my favorite tag team ever.

Steiners are very, VERY legendary. AA needs another decade of good work to be compared, tbh. They're good, but the Steiners are a Top 5 of all time team.

wait a second

top 5...

Fave Five Established Tag Teams? (as in no one one-offs or jokes!)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
5. Minnesota Wrecking Crew
4. Terry and Dory Funk Jr
3. Midnight Express
2. Miracle Violence Connection
1. Road Warriors

As flawed as the Road Warriors were, their flaws were completely ignored by how amazing and awesome they were. Like, I'd have no doubt saying Miracle Violence Connection (and hell, all of my runners up) were BETTER in the ring than the Road Warriors, but there was something special about Honk and Aminal.

Steiners really belong on that list. Probably neck and neck with Minnesota Wrecking Crew...

Browny

Banned
Fave Five Established Tag Teams? (as in one one-offs or jokes!)

You mean Fave Five One-Off or Joke Tag Teams?

Austin & Dude Love
austinfoley.jpg

Matt Hardy and MVP
l.jpg

Vader & Cactus Jack at Battlebowl

The Usos (as they are a fucking joke)

The Usos again.

Proper Fave Five?

• Steiners
  • Faces Of Fear (Barb & Meng)
  • Hollywood Blondes
  • Dudleys
  • Miracle Violence Connection

wait a second

top 5...

Fave Five Established Tag Teams? (as in one one-offs or jokes!)

5. The New Day: Absolutely hilarious, and all three are great in the ring. The best thing about current WWE not in NXT.

4. Unholy Demon Army: Apart from having the coolest name ever, Kawada and Taue were just a fucking incredible tag team, and I don't even like Taue that much.

3. The Midnight Express: Specifically, the Eaton/Lane version. Could work well both heel or face, and Eaton is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time (and I will stand by that)

2. The Steiner Brothers: Tough as nails in the ring, but great technicians. Worked so well together. Probably had one of the best tag team runs ever from 1990-1997.

1. The Road Warriors: Enough said. Sure, they were dangerous in the ring, but that's what made them so good. They wrecked everything in site and asked their hapless opponents to pay for the damages. The Doomsday Device is still the best tag finisher ever.

Honorable Mentions: Miracle Violence Connection, the Fabulous Freebirds, and the Dudley Boyz.

I'd probably put TenKoji on the list if they weren't being ruined by their run as New Japan Dads.

5. RnR/Midnights. Don't make me choose.
4. Miracle Violence Connection
3. Stan Hansen & Bruiser Brody
2. Terry Funk & Dory Funk Jr.
1. Holy Demon Army

Honourable mention for Baba & Destroyer, super fun tag team. All Baba's regular tag pairings were pretty fun tbh, once you got past Baba's limitations.

Steiners are very, VERY legendary. AA needs another decade of good work to be compared, tbh. They're good, but the Steiners are a Top 5 of all time team.

wait a second

top 5...

I didn't mean in terms of accomplishments, I just meant in the ring and look. I'm getting a very heavy steiner vibe.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Midnight Express are WAY better than the Rock and Roll. Don't get me wrong, RnR are great, but they aren't on that level.

I didn't mean in terms of accomplishments, I just meant in the ring and look. I'm getting a very heavy steiner vibe.

Gotcha. Need some more neon

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Rock n Roll never dies, dammit!

I could have mentioned the Fantastics as well, what a great team.Or the Can-Am Express. Tag wrestling kinda sucks these days.

Fantastics just needed more time, dammit.

Tag wrestling these days just ain't shit for the most part. WWE is doing their part, but I think there's been a lot of issues because people get paid less. And the promotion makes less with tag teams. Of course, if you do it RIGHT, it'll pay off, but most places don't.

Can-Am Express were SEVERELY underrated.

But that's how NJPW tournaments are booked. Favorites take some early upset losses and storm back while early underdog winners fade as they enter the final stretch.

That said, Data's boys got berried.

5. Minnesota Wrecking Crew
4. Terry and Dory Funk Jr
3. Midnight Express
2. Miracle Violence Connection
1. Road Warriors

As flawed as the Road Warriors were, their flaws were completely ignored by how amazing and awesome they were. Like, I'd have no doubt saying Miracle Violence Connection (and hell, all of my runners up) were BETTER in the ring than the Road Warriors, but there was something special about Honk and Aminal.

Steiners really belong on that list. Probably neck and neck with Minnesota Wrecking Crew...

Are we only talking North American? Because Misawa/Kobashi is looking to drop Hawk and Animal on their heads, only to have the Warriors no sell them.

The Miz is entertaining as the IC champ and one notable thing he has been doing is putting people over when he's on commentary which I always like when people do. As a heel he still makes it work in the sense of "they're good, but I'm better". I don't really care to see Darren Young win.

Picking from teams that haven't been named yet:
1. Naruki Doi and YAMATO
2. The Brain Busters
3. The Fantastics
4. The Hart Foundation
5. The Samoan SWAT Team

Honorable mention: Austin Aries and Roderick Strong. Just great work as ROH tag champs, even if I thought the Strong/Jack Evans team should have gotten more matches.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are we only talking North American? Because Misawa/Kobashi is looking to drop Hawk and Animal on their heads, only to have the Warriors no sell them.

Nah, but having grown up with NA teams, well, there's most of my picks

ReiGun

Not a huge tag team fan, but my favorites are

The Hardy Boyz (though I always liked the Hardys more separate than together)
The World's Greatest Tag Team
Edge and Christian
The New Day

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The New Age Outlaws tend to not get the credit they deserve anymore. They were legitimately one of WWF's top drawing acts during their highest period.

Zach

wait a second

top 5...

If American Alpha gets to The Steiners' level (not likely, because Vince and Co. will probably break them up in a year), it won't be because of their similarity to The Bros., though. It'll be technical proficiency, etc. While The Steiners displayed that at times, their main appeal for me was their stiff, awesome movez. They looked like they were killing dudes out there and I loved it!

Steiner-Line! Steiner-Line! Steiner-Line!

Top Bottom