• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach

5. Minnesota Wrecking Crew
4. Terry and Dory Funk Jr
3. Midnight Express
2. Miracle Violence Connection
1. Road Warriors

As flawed as the Road Warriors were, their flaws were completely ignored by how amazing and awesome they were. Like, I'd have no doubt saying Miracle Violence Connection (and hell, all of my runners up) were BETTER in the ring than the Road Warriors, but there was something special about Honk and Aminal.

Steiners really belong on that list. Probably neck and neck with Minnesota Wrecking Crew...

We did this before. I posted:

1. Steiner Bros.
2. Hollywood Blonds
3. Brain Busters
4. Road Warriors
5. Midnight Express

That's probably wrong now, but I still feel pretty confident about the top three.

Anth0ny

The New Age Outlaws tend to not get the credit they deserve anymore. They were legitimately one of WWF's top drawing acts during their highest period.

they were ridiculously, stupidly over. and it was fun to watch.

they were basically the enzo and cass of their time. people got into that road dogg schtick and it was awesome.

I figured Honma would win to set up another NEVER title shot, the others were a big surprise to me though. Also, ouch;

LFXVy2x.gif

What kind of move is that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

1. Steiner Bros.
2. Hollywood Blonds
3. Brain Busters
4. Road Warriors
5. Midnight Express

That's probably wrong now, but I still feel pretty confident about the top three.

Your top 3 needs to be adjusted, 4 and 5 are great picks.

bjork

Road Dogg was likely part of why every kid back then thought they could be a wrestler. He barely ever did anything requiring strength, and he got paid to look like a dickhead with those braids and do his stupid shuffle thing.

The actual guy might be a nice person or whatever, but as far as Road Dogg goes, fuck him and anyone who enjoyed that shit. I'd rather watch a 3-hour Raw that was just 2003 HHH promos than one match with that turd in it.

Kaladin

Another day, another ugly shirt. This time for The Club. This time they steal the gas mask from Randy Orton and add some swords behind it.

Also, you have to dig deep into the Twitterverse to find out that #GB4-Life stands for Good Brothers 4 Life.

And finally, because "they're from Japan, Maggle!" they've thrown in some Japanese characters on the front.

Another day, another ugly shirt. This time for The Club. This time they steal the gas mask from Randy Orton and add some swords behind it.

Also, you have to dig deep into the Twitterverse to find out that #GB4-Life stands for Good Brothers 4 Life.

And finally, because "they're from Japan, Maggle!" they've thrown in some Japanese characters on the front.
That is a contender for worst shirt of the year if not last 5 years.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa. G1 Day 2 is completely free to watch here:
http://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00396_3_1

NJPW givin the hot shit!@

Road Dogg was likely part of why every kid back then thought they could be a wrestler. He barely ever did anything requiring strength, and he got paid to look like a dickhead with those braids and do his stupid shuffle thing.

The actual guy might be a nice person or whatever, but as far as Road Dogg goes, fuck him and anyone who enjoyed that shit. I'd rather watch a 3-hour Raw that was just 2003 HHH promos than one match with that turd in it.

God damn PREACH

Sephzilla

1. Steiner Bros.
2. Hollywood Blonds
3. Brain Busters
4. Road Warriors
5. Midnight Express

I like this list. Might swap out Midnight Express for Edge & Christian though.

notworksafe

The Miz is entertaining as the IC champ and one notable thing he has been doing is putting people over when he's on commentary which I always like when people do. As a heel he still makes it work in the sense of "they're good, but I'm better". I don't really care to see Darren Young win.

I love Miz with a title but I would also be okay with the both of the lower titles switching spots. Put the IC on Raw and the US on Smackdown, just like the good old days!

Zach

I haven't seen enough of Edge and Christian (or the Hardyzzz). So far, through the tail end of '99, they've only impressed in that awesome ladder match. Other than that, eeehhh.

korly

I don't think The Motor City Machineguns get enough credit for their actual teamwork. Too many teams forget about that.

579242774b434_610x1_fill.jpg

2 nights in London this year:

Due to the NJPW roster needing to fly immediately to Singapore following the events we have moved from our originally planned traditional weekend spots to give London a THURSDAY & FRIDAY night they won't forget for a long time to come!

On Thursday night - NOVEMBER 10TH we will return to the historic YORK HALL, BETHNAL GREEN for our final show of the year at the nations most famous combat sports venue.

Then on Friday night - NOVEMBER 11TH we will be live in the WALTHAMSTOW ASSEMBLY HALLS, a venue which although hasn't seen any pro wrestling action for many years is steeped in pro wrestling history having played host to several high profile events from both EWA (which featured European debuts for both Rob Van Dam & Sabu) & the original FWA which in many ways paved the way for a promotion such as ours. With a smaller capacity than York Hall you can expect these seats to sell out quickly.

Jamie OD

579242774b434_610x1_fill.jpg

2 nights in London this year:

Due to the NJPW roster needing to fly immediately to Singapore following the events we have moved from our originally planned traditional weekend spots to give London a THURSDAY & FRIDAY night they won't forget for a long time to come!

On Thursday night - NOVEMBER 10TH we will return to the historic YORK HALL, BETHNAL GREEN for our final show of the year at the nations most famous combat sports venue.

Then on Friday night - NOVEMBER 11TH we will be live in the WALTHAMSTOW ASSEMBLY HALLS, a venue which although hasn't seen any pro wrestling action for many years is steeped in pro wrestling history having played host to several high profile events from both EWA (which featured European debuts for both Rob Van Dam & Sabu) & the original FWA which in many ways paved the way for a promotion such as ours. With a smaller capacity than York Hall you can expect these seats to sell out quickly.

Isn't Global Wars an ROH name? They get shafted again!

bjork

No Man's Sky is definitely a "let the public test this for me" title. It looks super cool, but the promises are almost molyneaux level, so I want to see the final product in action before I throw money.

Zach

No Man's Sky is definitely a "let the public test this for me" title. It looks super cool, but the promises are almost molyneaux level, so I want to see the final product in action before I throw money.

^

And you better not be throwing money at anything until you pay off that debt. You paid off that debt, right? bjooork.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
1. Steiner Brothers
2. Miracle Violence Connection
3. Samoan Swat Team/Headshrinkers
4. Natural Disasters
5. Dump Matsumoto & Bull Nakano

shoutouts to Averno & Chessman

Top Bottom