• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

tumblr_oasy93Suk91rjw48xo2_500.gif

The undercards for future SmackDown-only PPVs are going to be brutal.

Isn't this how we give people a chance to grow into the WWE though? Throw em to the fire and see if they grow. The Ryback and Kalisto matches were actually entertaining and that is not something I would of wanted to see on paper. I definitely like the "Sports Entertainment" side of wrestling the most and that's why I like Raw to see the characters. When it comes to the PPVs I am more interested in the actual matches and a lot of these guys could put on great matches if given the chance. I dislike Corbin and Crews as characters but I would not mind seeing them try and put on a good match a couple of times in the big leagues.

Recall

Isn't this how we give people a chance to grow into the WWE though? Throw em to the fire and see if they grow. The Ryback and Kalisto matches were actually entertaining and that is not something I would of wanted to see on paper. I definitely like the "Sports Entertainment" side of wrestling the most and that's why I like Raw to see the characters. When it comes to the PPVs I am more interested in the actual matches and a lot of these guys could put on great matches if given the chance. I dislike Corbin and Crews as characters but I would not mind seeing them try and put on a good match a couple of times in the big leagues.

It didn't work before. Let's hope your wishes come true.

For anyone thinking Vince will stop roman's push at some point, I'd like to remind everyone that we are now in Year 12 of Pushing Orton

It's incredible people thought Reigns would be permanently done after a failed test. Orton has at least 4 of those and keeps chugging

GunBR

The undercards for future SmackDown-only PPVs are going to be brutal.
They really should make all the brand specific PPV be only 5-matches long
Main event, Intercontinental/US title, Women's match, Tag's match and another feud

For anyone thinking Vince will stop roman's push at some point, I'd like to remind everyone that we are now in Year 12 of Pushing Orton
There's people thinking that they will make Dean and Seth pin him at the same time to split the title

In the end they will make Roman pin both Ambrose and Rollins at the same time to recover his title

Apoc87

Banned
I think that everyone is expecting bayley as sashas partner tonight but were gonna get eva marie. I can feel it in my bones.

styl3s

I wonder when will the "wearing glasses as a fashion accesory" fad end. As someone who wears glasses I take offense to seeing poseurs wearing them.
Does AJ not need them or do you just assume she doesn't? Either way why does it matter? I have been wearing glasses all my life and i couldn't give 2 rat turds about it.

It's incredible people thought Reigns would be permanently done after a failed test. Orton has at least 4 of those and keeps chugging
I didn't think he was completely done but i would be shocked if he got it tonight. Either Seth will win it or Ambrose will which will cause the 2 belt thing because that title is not going to smackdown and tomorrow on raw it will be announced he will get the heavyweight title and at summer slam Roman will fight Seth for the world title.

I could also see if Ambrose loses a new title will be created and up for grabs at Summerslam and will involve Ambrose/Cena, Ambrose/AJ or all 3.

So if Bayley does debuts tonight, does she go to Smackdown or does she stay at Raw to set up a triple threat with her vs Charlotte vs Sasha for the title at Summerslam?

So if Bayley does debuts tonight, does she go to Smackdown or does she stay at Raw to set up a triple threat with her vs Charlotte vs Sasha for the title at Summerslam?

Probably Raw no matter what. Can't give SD everybody, they're already going to have the great Chuck Palumbo, Jinder Mahal, and Shelton Benjamin.

Valentus

please, i dont even care if orton and reigns wins, i just want the wacky air tubemen rise gloriously tonight.

If creative wants to bayley be really relevant, they need to made a little angle of foley and bryan trying to convince bayley to joins their respective show, and bayley doubtful of which brand join.

And then, this needs to happen

BatistaThumbsDown1.gif

I think she's wrestling tonight but going back to NXT until an official call up for Survivor Series.
Probably Raw no matter what. Can't give SD everybody, they're already going to have the great Chuck Palumbo, Jinder Mahal, and Shelton Benjamin.
I'm not sure if a one-off appearance is good or not. Bayley's pretty much done in NXT after Brooklyn and Survivor Series isn't until November meaning she'd have nearly three months to do nothing in NXT. I'd prefer her to be in Smackdown, even out the Four Horsewomen and give another face to Smackdown. Of course this depends on what exactly the women's division in Smackdown will be like, eg; are they getting their own title or not.

So which situation do you all think was Worse?

Starrcade 97, dusty ass finish to make Hogan look strong.

Or

Starrcade 98, stupid ass huge ego leads to stupid ass finish that leads to a stupid ass moment?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So which situation do you all think was Worse?

Starrcade 97, dusty ass finish to make Hogan look strong.

Or

Starrcade 98, stupid ass huge ego leads to stupid ass finish that leads to a stupid ass moment?

It's 1997 by a mile.

Kevin Nash is actually a smart choice to end the feud as he was both very popular at the time and yet hadn't been champion yet. The screw job/reformation of the Outsiders is a good move and they could have built something pretty good there. It's what happened on January 4th that killed it dead, that and Goldberg's later injury.

1997 though, that not only fucked WCW's biggest program ever, but also killed Bret Hart in WCW forever in the same instant. Hogan spends most of 1996 and all of 1997 losing/nearly losing/acting like a cowardly heel but when Sting is up to bat its suddenly like he's pummeling Sgt. Slaughter again with Sting getting no offense in and then pinning him cleanly with no fast count.

Sting looks like a goober.
Hart looks like a goober for interfering.
Hogan looks like Hulkamania is running wild, brother.

Think of the program they could have run with Sting/Hart in early 1998. Is he NWO? He's from the company from up north brother.

KissVibes

Banned

Coolest kid in wrestling. Coolest "super fan" in wrestling.

according to da meltz, orton is going to be the #1 babyface on smackdown since cena is part time now

Oh god. How will Orton turn the Styles Clash into an RKO?

And LOL at Dean getting his one and only WWE Champion run with it ending at Battleground.

Yeah, but Orton is one of the greatest of all time wrestlers and was a natural talent out the gate.

Reigns failing a test is like when Chris Masters got busted. They'll still push him, but they won't go all out.

Maybe Reigns will vanish for two years and come back as a legit top guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Watch Sasha' partner be Nia Jax so WWE can immediately make her look strong by having her beat up Dana and Charlotte.

No, it probably IS Nia Jax. The second she got called up to the same brand Charlotte, Dana and Sasha were on it seemed likely to me.

Top Bottom