• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

dfEy48N.gif

oY6xA8Z.gif

Holding off on any thoughts about Reigns until Summerslam ends. If he's still not champ by then, at that point yeah it's clear they changed their minds on him.

Holy shit if so. Vince completely depushing and burying a guy for taking Adderall once has to be a new thing to add to the list of crazy shit WWE has done

Holding off on any thoughts about Reigns until Summerslam ends. If he's still not champ by then, at that point yeah it's clear they changed their minds on him.

Holy shit if so. Vince completely depushing and burying a guy for taking Adderall once has to be a new thing to add to the list of crazy shit WWE has done

If VInce depushes Reigns, it won't be solely because of the wellness policy violation. The reaction to him on any televised events is absolutely toxic, and it'll likely continue to be so until he takes a step back, turns heel, and puts in the work to deserve a real push.

klonere

Banned
....Becky LOST? Clean? After being put in a death spot?

lIjXbLH.jpg

What is that dude's eye thing supposed to be? Is he holding an imaginary monocle or something?

I assume it started as him playing up his "wrestling genius" character, showing he could see more than the average wrestler or something

but then he went to Mexico and people started doing the classic "make your eyes look Asian by pulling below your temples apart" at him so it took on a COMPLETELY different meaning.

bjork

I assume it started as him playing up his "wrestling genius" character, showing he could see more than the average wrestler or something

They should have him v. Cena

Anyway, today I am going to the beach, after having the trip pushed back for a few weeks now. It's not going to get above 80 there, so it should be wonderful. I might just roll a towel up like a pillow and take me a beach nap.

Valentus

If VInce depushes Reigns, it won't be solely because of the wellness policy violation. The reaction to him on any televised events is absolutely toxic, and it'll likely continue to be so until he takes a step back, turns heel, and puts in the work to deserve a real push.

Vince didnt depushed rollins after the dick pics or the nazi girlfriend thing (even if isnt his fault but well... Its wwe) but taking the decision of depushing someone is because you really are done here in the main event/upper card

miserable

What is that dude's eye thing supposed to be? Is he holding an imaginary monocle or something?

IIRC when he was wrestling in Mexico years ago the fans there started to do that to him because ASIAN EYES LOL. then when he got back in Japan he started using it

Friends, I really enjoyed the main event triple threat match.
Well paced, spots that included callbacks to shield memories and everyone got their shit in without being overbearing about it.
You could say it was fun and playful.

Was happy to see Bayley! :D I assumed someone would sign her after a 'great job' at the PPV or something story wise but she didn't really get to do much and now its said to be just a 1 time thing? :/ Lame. :(

Sami and Owens was awesome! :D So glad Sami finally got to win one and that made it actually feel like a big deal.

Lana beautiful as ever!

Main event was worth it just to see D-Bry and Shane's reaction afterwards lol.

miserable

a shame this triple threat was on a throwaway PPV, with the draft bullshit attached to it. that promo video before the match was awesome. if the match happened at Summerfest i'm sure it would have been longer and better.

Kaladin

So guys.....Roman lost clean. He was pinned in the middle of the ring on PPV by Dean Ambrose.

I think it's safe to say Vince is no longer high on him.

Pikma

Banned
When he returned from the first set of tapings Tokyo Sports reported that he said he disliked the travel schedule - no way he'd survive a full year of WWE's schedule.
I think it's a matter of getting used to it, and getting paid well enough to make it worth it. I doubt Nakamura enjoys traveling so much either

klonere

Banned
When half your gimmick is neck bumps and the other half of your gimmick is crazy stupid spots, a WWE schedule is a deathwish.

Nakamerica has always had his autopilot mode which is safe for him and his body. Ibushi knows only one speed.

UberTag

So guys.....Roman lost clean. He was pinned in the middle of the ring on PPV by Dean Ambrose.

I think it's safe to say Vince is no longer high on him.
We may need to asterisk these two consecutive (and only) clean pins in Roman's career down the road. They might stand out as anomalies that will have asterisks beside them where historians will reminisce about the one time when Vince got mad at Roman for taking Adderall and booked him like the rest of the roster for once. He may never get pinned clean again for the next decade.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great PPV last night. Lots of fun. Crowd was super hot, too. Enjoyed it a lot.
Really? I just googled her and she's only 23. She's accomplished quite a bit for 23. Maybe "idiot" is a bit harsh. Perhaps she's just young or naive or annoying, but an idiot? I dunno.

23 year olds are dumb as hell, but her mom also took bumps while pregnant with her like it was some shitty badge of honor. Bad stuff.

Sephzilla

Battleground was one of the more fun WWE PPVs I've watched in a long time. Zayn/Owens stole the show.

Also, that fucking pop Bayley got was unreal

Apoc87

Banned
What do you guys think about reigns possibly becoming a Paul heyman guy?

It sounds stupid on first pass but think about it for a minute. Roman isnt shit on the mic so he could have heyman talk for him and he could do heelish things.

I feel like heyman can get anyone over.

XenoRaven

23 year olds are dumb as hell, but her mom also took bumps while pregnant with her like it was some shitty badge of honor. Bad stuff.
You're saying that:

1. Paige is dumb
2. Paige's mother took bumps while she was pregnant with Paige

So are you just implying that Paige inherited dumb genes, or are you saying you think Paige is dumb because of some potential developmental impairment caused by trauma in the womb?

The former is pretty harmless, but the latter feels kind of gross to me.

KingBroly

Banned
Problem with Cesaro is they turned him heel and it was used to keep Bork over.

And Curtis Axel may be the worst performer in wrestling right now.

I can't remember the last time Axel was on TV.

Dolph, I'd say is worse. He doesn't understand in-ring psychology for shit. He's all 'I GOTTA DO ALL THE THINGS' with no understanding of when, where or why.

What do you guys think about reigns possibly becoming a Paul heyman guy?

It sounds stupid on first pass but think about it for a minute. Roman isnt shit on the mic so he could have heyman talk for him and he could do heelish things.

I feel like heyman can get anyone over.

Heyman's deal expired and they haven't talked (at least since Brock's failures), nobody's sure if he'll be brought back

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're saying that:

1. Paige is dumb
2. Paige's mother took bumps while she was pregnant with Paige

So are you just implying that Paige inherited dumb genes, or are you saying you think Paige is dumb because of some potential developmental impairment caused by trauma in the womb?

The former is pretty harmless, but the latter feels kind of gross to me.

I think it runs in the family, since her mom was fine with taking bumps while pragnent. Not insinuating that she's an idiot because she got dropped on her body when she was in a womb, but rather that it runs in her family, and her mom did some foolish shit too.

Kaladin

We may need to asterisk these two consecutive (and only) clean pins in Roman's career down the road. They might stand out as anomalies that will have asterisks beside them where historians will reminisce about the one time when Vince got mad at Roman for taking Adderall and booked him like the rest of the roster for once. He may never get pinned clean again for the next decade.

We'll know possibly as soon as tonight where he stands. If he's in mid-card hell getting pinned every week or if he's back on top in a program with Rollins on Raw, time will tell.

Top Bottom