• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

klonere

Banned
Ishii/Fale was a fucking great little wrestling match. Ishii is just the best seller.

Marufuji delivered again with Tenzan (ofc) and #BrokenTana is an intriguing little storyline. What happens when all the stuff that got and kept you on top stops working, even against people you used to brush off?

yo, did you end up planning the trip over for Will/Haskins next week? I've got a ticket I need to put on the resale site if you want a heads up for one

I'll PM you.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why don't they just keep the championships as-is and make it so that the dual-branded shows have a mandatory cross-brand defense of the title, and then elevate the B-title to make you the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship at the dual branded shows (other than WM, obviously, which still has the RR tie-in)?

IDK, I just don't really like the idea of the second title so I'm grasping at straws for how they avoid introducing it.

Cagey

Banned
spear.gif
Zach, I see you're after my heart today.

Kurita

Why don't they just keep the championships as-is and make it so that the dual-branded shows have a mandatory cross-brand defense of the title, and then elevate the B-title to make you the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship at the dual branded shows (other than WM, obviously, which still has the RR tie-in)?

IDK, I just don't really like the idea of the second title so I'm grasping at straws for how they avoid introducing it.

That'd be nice

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
August Wrasslin' |OT| No Enhancement Needed (other than steroids)

Does anyone really expect Raw or Smackdown to truly look different this week?

The crowd lights are red on Raw, and blue on SD. =V

DMczaf

Sorry guys, I was drafted to August Smackdown Live |OT|

We are sending Beef to August TNA |OT|

Also, Zach is going to August NXT |OT| . He needs to work on his craft before we call him back up again.

Angry Grimace

I guess this week is the real test for whether people have the stomach for 8 hours of wrestling over three days.

RBH

Sorry guys, I was drafted to August Smackdown Live |OT|

We are sending Beef to August TNA |OT|

Also, Zach is going to August NXT |OT| . He needs to work on his craft before we call him back up again.

Time to make DM a permanent JTTS on WWF Jakked and WWF Metal

notworksafe

I guess this week is the real test for whether people have the stomach for 8 hours of wrestling over three days.
I do not. That is why I am dropping Raw. Three more hours on Monday to workout and cook a nice dinner. I'm already down to just skipping around NXT for the good matches as well.

Angry Grimace

I mean you can always DVR it.

I probably will just watch it because I have nothing better to do.

Fox318

plus 2 for the CWC and NXT.

And for the extra crazy throw in Superstars and Main Event

4+ Hour PPV
2 hours of Undercard wrestling
3+ Hours of raw
2 hours of Smackdown
1 hour CWC
1 hour NXT
1 hour of Raw/Smackdown Preshow

Don't forget upcoming Total Divas and Total Bella whatever

notworksafe

Anything real good from Raw will end up here and on Youtube, so I won't be missing much I imagine. I'll also still end up watching the Raw PPVs so I'll have the video packages to tell me the storyline.

plus 2 for the CWC and NXT.

And for the extra crazy throw in Superstars and Main Event

4+ Hour PPV
2 hours of Undercard wrestling
3+ Hours of raw
2 hours of Smackdown
1 hour CWC
1 hour NXT
1 hour of Raw/Smackdown Preshow

Don't forget upcoming Total Divas and Total Bella whatever
We did this, we embraced an entire network of WWE programming and are reaping what we sowed.
They'll have us watching WWE branded cooking shows soon enough.

Zach

What if there's only one belt, and it's only on one brand at a time, but the rival show can challenge for the title on the cross-brand super shows?

Nah, it's too weird.

: >

Zach, I see you're after my heart today.

Always and forever, my love.

looking forward to more of those smooth moves tonight.

ps. Goldberg had the most amazing spear in the world. These wrestlers today bring great shame to that badass move.

Bless you for the gif.

Barrage

Did anyone else think JBL's commentary was drastically improved last night?

Loved his comparison of Owens to Bam Bam Bigelow.

And it was the first time in months he didn't actively make an Ambrose match worse.

Toki767

And it was the first time in months he didn't actively make an Ambrose match worse.

I think JBL as a face commentator could be pretty good.

He's really bad at trying to be a heel commentator for Vince.

Then again King drastically improved on Smackdown so we'll see.

Skatterd

Don't forget 2 ppvs a month on months where there's not a cross-brand PPV!
And there will probably be Takeovers those months so....

And I will watch all of it because fuck it if I'm gonna go crazy might as well go all the way.

notworksafe

I really liked how he was upset that he had to root for Ambrose. It was a nice touch.

Top Bottom