• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

I dunno if I'd go that far. But usually WWE does well with their themes. Last night's Shield video package was proof of that.

The one right after Beautiful People was great too. I've heard it quite a lot now that I'm going through SD during my workouts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4ar1prBtRo
My cousin who just started getting into wrestling regularly at this time thought Cena did that theme song 😂😂

Hahahaha, the new set is barely any fucking different and looks like it's recycled from old stuff.
CoPN0V2WYAEh8tz.jpg

So does Dean show up tonight or is the roster split in effect as of right meow?

Dean, Cena and AJ are all promoted to be there tonight on the ticket sites. I guess they will show up because of that, as people have requested refunds before over such sites been inaccurate

I still would like to see one big rosterwide brawl before they fully split up. Once they split up both shows should be kept separate as much as possible though so it will actually mean something when they are together

Except that NFL games actually matter. And there aren't commercials when the game is underway. Hell, if you have RedZone, there are no commercials at all.
I get that but if you like wrestling then the results matter to you. Its just that its scripted unlike the NFL.
The NFL is not narrative driven. WWE is not a sport, it's a soap opera, and I don't know about you but 8 hours a week to keep up with a soap opera would be kind of daunting.
If you watch on Hulu, Raw + Smackdown is only 3 hours combined. NXT makes that 4. So you only have a consistant 4 hours if you wanna keep up with the main content along with the PPV. The CWC is only temporary and is there for the hardcore wrestling fan who already watches a crap ton of wrestling. The main story of the WWE is roughly 3 hours a week with a 4+ hour ppv once a month and 4 hours of extra content if you want to add to your viewing experience along with the backstage stuff on WWE.com.

I get that but if you like wrestling then the results matter to you. Its just that its scripted unlike the NFL.

If you watch on Hulu, Raw + Smackdown is only 3 hours combined. NXT makes that 4. So you only have a consistant 4 hours if you wanna keep up with the main content along with the PPV. The CWC is only temporary and is there for the hardcore wrestling fan who already watches a crap ton of wrestling. The main story of the WWE is roughly 3 hours a week with a 4+ hour ppv once a month and 4 hours of extra content if you want to add to your viewing experience along with the backstage stuff on WWE.com.

Even 3 hours, per week, for the average person, is a pretty big time investment. You realize that, right? Keep in mind this is all year round, not 12 episodes like Game of Thrones, or if you want to keep the sports analogy, 6 months like the football season. Even the spanish soap operas that my mom watches daily eventually end.

Finn feuding with Sheamus would be fine for a while

I need to hear "The only good thing to come out of Dublin is the road to Bray" on US TV once in my life.

Watching Battleground now, I can't remember the last time a women's match was a curtain jerker match. Bayley got some sick pops. Steph probably nervous.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mojo had a fine debut. A decent pop, and he looked pretty good standing next to Rusev. It might be the first time I didn't instantly loathe him, so it was the best he ever looked.

Pretty much the best debut he could have hoped for.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why was the NXT ring announcer on Battleground anyways, did they promote him?

Top Bottom