• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Mahonay

Banned
That's why he needs to job to Roman at SummerSlam. Gotta fake bury him before he gets to the top in 2018 for 5 minutes before KO cashes in on him.
A feud with Roman would be perfect for Sami. But it's still not clear what their future plans are for The Big Dawg.
Smackdown has got a lot to live up to, but as we learned last night, any man with two hands stands a fighting chance.
You still need a chin apparently.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Moreover, seeing as how Raw is in the midst of creating a WWE Universal Championship to offset the void created in the absence of the WWE Title, couldn’t SmackDown Live conceivably create addition titles as well — for the good of say their many talented tag teams and elite Women’s division? With Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, anything is possible."

m1DF6C7.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
"Moreover, seeing as how Raw is in the midst of creating a WWE Universal Championship to offset the void created in the absence of the WWE Title, couldn’t SmackDown Live conceivably create addition titles as well — for the good of say their many talented tag teams and elite Women’s division? With Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, anything is possible.
Featured Superstars."

m1DF6C7.jpg
OK so they just fight for nothing then.

You need belts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
What is this hilarious Universal Championship I'm hearing about?

We haven't seen it. It's the Raw title. I'm guessing they wanted a title that wasn't ambiguously the same belt as the WWE Championship the way the old World Heavyweight Championship was.

Zach

Seth Rollins was automatically placed in the championship match by McMahon because Rollins did not get pinned at Battleground. Two fatal 4-way matches took place on the July 25 episode of Raw, with the winners of both facing each other in the show's main event to determine who would face Seth Rollins at SummerSlam.[2] Former NXT star Finn Bálor was victorious in the first match (and his debut match on the main roster), which also involved Kevin Owens, Cesaro, and Rusev. Roman Reigns won the second match, which also involved Sami Zayn, Sheamus, and Chris Jericho. In the main event, Finn Bálor defeated Roman Reigns, placing him in the championship match against Seth Rollins at SummerSlam.

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Angry Grimace

I don't understand the vehement opposition from folks to multiple titles. What's the big deal?

The last time they had multiple titles they all looked weak as fuck, particularly given how in vogue constant title switches were.

notworksafe

It reminds people of the last brand split and how much it sucked.

But you need titles. They need a reason to wrestle.

I agree that titles are needed. Also rewatching older Smackdowns I think the titles they had were treated pretty well overall, at least in 2003.

The last time they had multiple titles they all looked weak as fuck, particularly given how in vogue constant title switches were.
I guess, but this is now. And no titles is just as lame.

Between demonic Zayn painting and Neville's faction/Neville and Company I just had quite a hearty chuckle.

To continue this good mood we need Ambrose to take the Kane event test.

Nah. I'll catch the Slams in August, though!

Lay it down one more time, daddeh.

It's too late.

I was saying it would be Finn vs. Roman with Finn going over clean. I would've won. You should change your avatar to Mojo Rawly to redeem yourself from cowardice.

Top Bottom