• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Final Deletion was fantastic, it was a breath of fresh air in a place I didn't expect to ever see a breath of fresh air. It's rare when you see something and say "What in the WORLD could happen next?" and it still surprise and baffle you.

The fucking DRONE, guys. THE DRONE. I HAD NO CLUE THIS WOULD HAPPEN NOR WHAT IT WOULD DO

I've never watched a single minute of Impact before last night, but just finished the director's cut of FInal Deletion, and it was so great.

Still no interest in ever watching Impact, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've never watched a single minute of Impact before last night, but just finished the director's cut of FInal Deletion, and it was so great.

If it has done anything, it has raised Matt Hardy's stock. He takes it and goes all the way. Bless him.

bjork

My dad's company got absorbed and last Friday was their final day, and he had been there 35 years. The new company isn't going to complete the old deals he had lined up and he's getting fucked out of commissions (which, it's apparently all legal somehow), so he's been adamant about quitting the new company because they do bad business. But he's also wary of quitting without another job in place, so he's been a little on edge lately.

Caught up with him this morning, apparently he's got some bit of orientation with this new company today, to retrain guys on how to do things their way. But he's going to leave in the middle because he's got a job interview, and I was really glad to see him almost excited.

So send some positive vibes, fellows. I want to see my pappy be well, so I hope this comes together.

Ithil

The rest of Impact is nothing like that. Don't bother.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My dad's company got absorbed and last Friday was their final day, and he had been there 35 years. The new company isn't going to complete the old deals he had lined up and he's getting fucked out of commissions (which, it's apparently all legal somehow), so he's been adamant about quitting the new company because they do bad business. But he's also wary of quitting without another job in place, so he's been a little on edge lately.

Caught up with him this morning, apparently he's got some bit of orientation with this new company today, to retrain guys on how to do things their way. But he's going to leave in the middle because he's got a job interview, and I was really glad to see him almost excited.

So send some positive vibes, fellows. I want to see my pappy be well, so I hope this comes together.

All shall be well.

Be well.

BE WELL?

xm3MbCN.gif

Who was it who was saying that the J-Cup was going to shit all over the Cruiserweight Classic and it's no-names?

* Super J-Cup First Round Match: KUSHIDA vs. Taiji Ishimori
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Daisuke Harada
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: BUSHI vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Titan vs. Will Ospreay
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Eita
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Yuma Aoyagi vs. Taichi
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Gurukun Mask vs. Kenou
* Super J-Cup First Round Match: Matt Sydal vs. Kaiji Tomato

I'm still Team Super H-Cup

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who was it who was saying that the J-Cup was going to shit all over the Cruiserweight Classic and it's no-names?

mmm mmm mmm, Titan vs Ospreay.

Zach

I enjoyed The Final Deletion. Entertaining throughout. Not something I'd like to see on the reg, but a lot of fun if it stays a unique event.

Moose has apparently signed with TNA.

I'm Team Both and that's a good line-up. 5 first round matches I'm really looking forward to and some potentially exciting matches in the second round, KUSHIDA vs Harada for instance, or Eita vs Kenou/Sydal in the semi-finals.

Mengetsu

I just watched the matt vs jeff video and I just couldn't get into it. Idk what it was but, it was just not for me. I like stupid over the top stuff but, yea this did nothing. Glad others here have enjoyed it.

imBask

Banned
last night was the first time i've watched TNA in a year or two and it wasn't any worst than most RAWs. The only difference is that they have this (well deserved) stigma, but the current product seems as good if not better than the product we've had during the Road to Wrestlemania

Cranky vet Liger slapping the taste out of Eia's mouth. You can quibble, but that's a fine line-up overall.

Mahonay

Banned
I'm making my way through The Final Deletion segments from last night. I have such a stupid smile on my face. It is...IT IS!

klonere

Banned
so who is most likely to win this year's G1? please don't tell me Naito

It's 100% Naito. All the juice and draw is in Okada/Naito at the dome. There is no other option. Shibata is building the NEVER belt and being elevated by consistently headlining shows - he'll be ready next year for it. Tana...Tana will threaten to win it but there is no way they'll pull the trigger on it. The G1 Finals will probably be Naito/Tana, with Tana doing the honors. I'd be fascinated to see the crowd reaction to that match.

Mahonay

Banned
Broken Matt Hardy is my storyline/angle of the year hands down. I don't see anything beating this. Mother fucker went all in with this and knows exactly what makes it so great.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be head over heels for a TNA Hardy's storyline. Bob Backlund may be making Darren Young great again, but Matt Hardy is making wrestling stories magical again.
tumblr_o9vgi27py31u1ljrzo2_540.gif

Zach

So Buff did the ol' worked shoot on Russo on day one of The Russo Era. And Double J showed up. Didn't expect his re-debut so soon.

My excitement for this era is already waning.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Broken Matt Hardy is my storyline/angle of the year hands down. I don't see anything beating this. Mother fucker went all in with this and knows exactly what makes it so great.

Never in a million years did I think I'd be head over heels for a TNA Hardy's storyline. Bob Backlund may be making Darren Young great again, but Matt Hardy is making wrestling stories magical again.
tumblr_o9vgi27py31u1ljrzo2_540.gif

He has a weird sense for what works. Saw it in the past too with V1 and the ways he worked to change once the brothers split.

miserable

I think it will be Naito. People like it. I like it.

I don't have a problem with Naito winning per se. what I do have a problem with is Naito winning and that Okada vs Naito main event at WK is too predictabo. I would like to think that after last year's G1 and the WK main event New Japan would take a less obvious route

Mahonay

Banned
He has a weird sense for what works. Saw it in the past too with V1 and the ways he worked to change once the brothers split.
V1 is something I didn't see until the past few years since that was during my lapsed period. That was a god damn money gimmick as well. Of course WWE saw nothing in it.

I don't have a problem with Naito winning per se. what I do have a problem with is Naito winning and that Okada vs Naito main event at WK is too predictabo. I would like to think that after last year's G1 and the WK main event New Japan would take a less obvious route

I don't think you can say that NJPW has long term booking and then bash it for being predictable. Predictability is sometimes a gold thing.

That the match is edited to look like a sloppy backyard wrestling brawl is why it works, because there is evident craft to it all. The entire feud is built on the idea that Matt Hardy is, in a sense, a guy who came to believe his backyard wrestling gimmick of being an evil supervillain was real, but has enough money to piss away thousands of dollars indulging it. Jeff is the brother who finds the whole thing absurd, but slowly finds himself getting dragged into it to try and knock some sense into his crazy brother. None of it should look "cool", not even the Swanton Bomb off the tree.

Either Naito wins or Shibata does, then Naito beats him for the title shot - I think that would be a bit counter-productive though, so I'm just going to go with Naito wins. Or Okada wins and defends the title against himself haha.

Top Bottom