• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

sora87

That's the first episode of Impact I've watched since it was on Bravo in the uk.. in like 2008?
Final Deletion was jolly good fun but everything else was rubbish so I doubt I'll be watching it past this, the commentary is so bad it offends me.

Penguin

The Champ is here... in comic form!

Boom Studios have teamed up with WWE for a new line of comics

Cena.png

http://comicsalliance.com/boom-studios-wwe-wrestling-comics/

Kaladin

I'd have AJ Styles as the heel champ on one brand, and on the other I'd feature Sami Zayn in an underdog vs all odds story to capture gold against a heel like either K.O. or Cesaro.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ambrose having the title is like putting the title on Beefcake. Beefcake was also really over at the time, but you knew better than to put the title on him.

But the WWE title has been won by nobody, never be a star, who cares rejects and tossed around to the same people so many times that it's like.... Who cares if Dean Ambrose is champion anymore? The title's a joke. The title's a bigger joke than the WCW title.

Sheamus is a THREE time WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Del Rio is a 2 time champion. Rollins will probably have 8 reigns by 2020 and Roman will have 10. That title's credibility has been long gone. Almost every modern wrestling promotion treats their titles like a fucking joke. They look at titles as props that will 'get guys over' rather than a sign that you ARE over and you ARE ready. I remember Ric Flair talking about his first NWA championship and saying, 'they shouldn't have given it to me. I wasn't ready and I didn't want it to count. I wasn't ready for it and I wasn't near ready for it.'

Could you imagine that happening now?

Fucking say what you will about Hogan holding the title forever in WCW. But at least that made it feel like a big fucking deal when Luger won.

WWE should just get rid of Money in the Bank already. They give guys their first world titles using it without any sort of proper build, and then try to do a chase story later on, which doesn't work cause they've already held the title.

miserable

Ambrose having the title is like putting the title on Beefcake. Beefcake was also really over at the time, but you knew better than to put the title on him.

But the WWE title has been won by nobody, never be a star, who cares rejects and tossed around to the same people so many times that it's like.... Who cares if Dean Ambrose is champion anymore? The title's a joke. The title's a bigger joke than the WCW title.

Sheamus is a THREE time WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Del Rio is a 2 time champion. Rollins will probably have 8 reigns by 2020 and Roman will have 10. That title's credibility has been long gone. Almost every modern wrestling promotion treats their titles like a fucking joke. They look at titles as props that will 'get guys over' rather than a sign that you ARE over and you ARE ready. I remember Ric Flair talking about his first NWA championship and saying, 'they shouldn't have given it to me. I wasn't ready and I didn't want it to count. I wasn't ready for it and I wasn't near ready for it.'

Fucking say what you will about Hogan holding the title forever in WCW. But at least that made it feel like a big fucking deal when Luger won.

i agree with everything except the bolded part. i mean, Vince Russo was WCW champ. that joke can't be topped.

Colocho

Banned
My girlfriend is from Chile and I just told her cousin that is a huge wwe fan that they are going there. Dude is ecstatic and wants us to fly out there to watch it. Lol. I wonder if the Chilean dude from the cruiserweight classic had anything to do with this decision.

I doubt he had much to do with the decision to bring the WWE, he has barely been mentioned in the media and there's little hype for him at all. What I do think mattered is that in 2014 they started to air Raw and the PPVs live for the first time ever in Chile, and since then, the WWE has gotten pretty huge over here.

Zach

I don't exactly agree with Ambrose as champ being as silly as the Beefer, but I get ya. I've thought this for a while. Like, who cares who the champ is? It really seems meaningless in today's wrassle.

Zach

i agree with everything except the bolded part. i mean, Vince Russo was WCW champ. that joke can't be topped.
I mean, Vince McMahon won the Royal Rumble and the WWF Championship before Russo or Arquette stepped foot in WCW. I'm not saying it's quite as bad as those two, but it still killed those "achievements" in my eyes.

Wow, Ariel clearly shook Brock with that question. How can he expect to stand against Hunt when he couldn't even handle a reporter?

Top Bottom