• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach

Ariel asked him how many round he sparred for that fight
Brock didn't understand the question and said "what did you just say"
Ariel pissed his pants

Given how short notice his match was, how many rounds did he spar in preparation?

Lesnar had some nervous laughter, tried to ignore the question, then shouted "THREE THOUSAND"
I can tell which one of you has a secret crush on Brock Lesnar.

miserable

Ariel asked him how many round he sparred for that fight
Brock didn't understand the question and said "what did you just say"
Ariel pissed his pants

no, i think he asked another question to which Brock didn't answer, then the Ariel said something like "that was free", and Brock got pissed

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My bad then. I literally know 6 of those names and they couldn't even get Ricochet. As an outsider, it doesn't have me hype

I wonder how much that has to do with Richochet allegedly being set to sign with NXT. But apparently he's still working NJPW until the end of the year so who knows.

Last Week's Wrestling Observer said:
The story from backstage was that Mann, 27, is going to accept the WWE offer rather than sign a new contract here. He was offered a lucrative deal to stay, which, with his other income from working indies and New Japan, would have made him higher paid than the vast majority working WWE, and without the road expenses. It’s not known what WWE offered to get him, but it was known they wanted him bad and were looking at raiding the promotion for anyone not under a long-term contract. I know of people looking at booking him on dates and he was talking to them several months in advance and talking about having to wait to commit to bookings at the end of the year based on New Japan dates, which would indicate he’s staying there at least until the end of the year.

A lot of people have debated the decision, not knowing which way he’d go. He is friends with a lot of people in WWE, and lives in Orlando with girlfriend Tessa Blanchard and Apollo Crews. Blanchard, got a tryout here but hasn’t been used on television, and also has been used on NXT television as enhancement talent, but isn’t under contract there.

As things stand right now he will be going to WWE when he’s legally allowed. As noted before, the standard contracts for Lucha Underground performers don’t allow them to work for another television promotion until six months after the last episode they appear in airs. In theory, that would be the end of 2017, because the 6/26 show taped show was at last word scheduled to air sometime next summer. My gut is that he’ll be able to get out sooner than that just because it’s pretty much unfair to make him wait that long, plus in WWE, he won’t be going as a masked wrestler so it’s not a confusion in the marketplace issue. He will be taking indie dates and continue to work for New Japan until the time he is allowed to sign with WWE. This also limits how much New Japan would want to invest in him, even with his talent.

broken_2016_-_front_mockup.jpg

broken_2016_-_back_mockup.jpg

Still riding high off The Final Deletion. What an event.

Matt Hardy's "OH SHIT" was a telling moment - that the whole #Broken character is a facade and he really just wants the respect of his brother by doing some of the out there art shit he's into. Beautiful story.

Ambrose having the title is like putting the title on Beefcake. Beefcake was also really over at the time, but you knew better than to put the title on him.

But the WWE title has been won by nobody, never be a star, who cares rejects and tossed around to the same people so many times that it's like.... Who cares if Dean Ambrose is champion anymore? The title's a joke. The title's a bigger joke than the WCW title.

Oh Jesus no. WCW gave David Arquette a run with the belt to help ticket sales for Ready to Rumble. THAT'S the definition of a belt being a fucking prop. You talk about it being "tossed around" now? Do you fucking know how many times WCW was tossing the belt around? Per fucking night?

Call me when Vince is sticking the belt on Mark Feurstein.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Oh Jesus no. WCW gave David Arquette a run with the belt to help ticket sales for Ready to Rumble. THAT'S the definition of a belt being a fucking prop. You talk about it being "tossed around" now? Do you fucking know how many times WCW was tossing the belt around? Per fucking night?

What's worse, sticking the belt on a guy once for an angle to promote a movie or putting the belt on guys that aren't getting over MULTIPLE TIMES IN SUCCESSION?

Aiii

So not worth it

Wrestling is fake and the belt has forever been a prop.

Unless Mr. McMahon is suddenly the pinnacle of pro-wrestling. Gtfo.

Pretending the World Title is anything but a TV prop is pretending wrestling is a real sport.

Sephzilla

Wrestling is fake and the belt has forever been a prop.

Unless Mr. McMahon is suddenly the pinnacle of pro-wrestling. Gtfo.

Pretending the World Title is anything but a TV prop is pretending wrestling is a real sport.

Pretending pro wrestling was a real sport was pretty much a massive key to wrestling for a long ass time, though.

Great week for sports entertainment with The Final Deletion yesterday, the Cruiserweight Classic bracketology special tonight, and UFC 200 this weekend.

WWE needs to step up their game.

Kaladin

The biggest shock of the CWC brackets would be if they set it up where Ibushi and ZSJR are not on a path to be in the finals.

Just finished the Final Deletion. Best fucking thing all time all my life. Literally crying with laughter at the drones, even though I'd seen the GIFs. My fiancee didn't get it, but she didn't like Darkplace either, so fuck her.

Gems from my Facebook:
Q38Wawn.png

Just finished the Final Deletion. Best fucking thing all time all my life. Literally crying with laughter at the drones, even though I'd seen the GIFs. My fiancee didn't get it, but she didn't like Darkplace either, so fuck her.

Gems from my Facebook:
Q38Wawn.png

Final Deletion was a lot of fun. I wonder if TNA decides to make some sort of shift in presentation and gear the show towards what we saw. (Because the show itself wasn't so hot)

Gems from my Facebook:
Q38Wawn.png
This was better than the last TakeOver,so there's one.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I was going to give Jeff shit about twitter and not being JeffBrand now but then I saw his twitter name and avatar and was happy.

Nekofrog

Banned
I loved final deletion. My wife onthe other hand couldn't get over her casual wwe fan past and just kept saying "isn't tna the dumb shit everyone hates? This is stupid". We're not talking right now

Kuroyume

Banned
Raw main event had Jack Swagger, Lucha Dragons, Dudleyz, Kane, Apollow Crews, Sheamus Zack Ryder, and Big Show. No Cena, Seth, AJ... I mean, they were screwed anyway but it's like they didn't really try at all.

He really is. I love the Darren Young-Backlund videos. I feel like wrestling fans are too stupid to get why it's great. Kind of like the criticism the final deletion gets. I've seen all the D.Young videos get major dislikes on Youtube. And people bitch about it on twitter. Fools

Hycran

Banned
The only problem with the final deletion was the fact that the actual wrestling was god awful. It wasn't bad like they were just having an off day, it was bad like no one cared about any form of reality in the punches or kicks or anything.

Jeff taking a bump from a fucking tree onto a ladder and the ring only resulted in a two count, but falling from half the height onto dirt put him down for the count? Oh, ok

Kaladin

Raw main event had Jack Swagger, Lucha Dragons, Dudleyz, Kane, Apollow Crews, Sheamus Zack Ryder, and Big Show. No Cena, Seth, AJ... I mean, they were screwed anyway but it's like they didn't really try at all.

They go farther than phoning it in when they know ratings will be bad. I think they try to put on a shitty lazy show.

I love Ambrose winning the belt and everything, but how sweet would it have Jericho running around with the strap. Maybe next year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The only problem with the final deletion was the fact that the actual wrestling was god awful. It wasn't bad like they were just having an off day, it was bad like no one cared about any form of reality in the punches or kicks or anything.

Jeff taking a bump from a fucking tree onto a ladder and the ring only resulted in a two count, but falling from half the height onto dirt put him down for the count? Oh, ok

It would have been awful if the 'wrestling' in that match was 'good'

Top Bottom