• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Kaladin

✌️ Okey dokey, I didn't even know he had passengers. I thought out was only him, but damn imagine if that never happened.

l1z9yqmiop7x.png

Zack Sabre Jr. has a rough ride to the finals.

So based on the CWC bracket, the second round matches are as follows.

Akira Tozawa vs. Jack Gallagher
Tajiri vs. Gran Metalik
Drew Gulak vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
Noam Dar vs. Ho Ho Lun
Brian Kendrick vs. Tony Nese
Kota Ibushi vs. Cedric Alexander
TJ Perkins vs. Johnny Gargano
Lince Dorado vs. Rich Swann

Looks like it'll be really great.

Also that Gargano vs. Ciampa match is top shelf shit. It's really great and tells a great story. Be sure to catch that one. It was the main event of the first taping.

Zach

Oh my gah, tomorrow is the 20 year anniversary of the greatest heel turn of all time!

RBH better make a thread.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Glad Wagner is heel too. He's such a better heel than a face because he's basically Batista. And Havoc was the perfect person to debut him beating to establish the crowd booing him.

Zach

I look forward to checking out this bracketology special. I'm, like, three episodes behind on NXT, though. I should probably take a break from chrono-view.

Kaladin

For the quarters, I see Gargano vs Swann, Kendrick vs Ibushi, Tozawa vs Tajiri and Dar vs ZSJR.

For semis, I'd have Gargano vs Ibushi and Tozawa vs Sabre

Leading of course to Ibushi vs Sabre.

Here's the thing though, they have Round 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals to go.

They have 3 taping dates left.

Do you pair the Quarters and Semis in August, or do you do like a King of The Ring PPV and have the semis and finals in one night.

Of course, if we're talking sweet duplexes, let's not forget Dalton Castle:
c0dacbb69834b300de0e07a7fb279a85c1de96fe_hq.gif

ROH has squandered this man.

But, as always, look to the joshi for what the next cool suplex will be:
stardom4.29-13.gif

This post on Reddit is real cool, it's about Easter eggs in the Matt - Jeff match
When TNA started with the trailers for the Final Deletion, one of the clips appeared to show Jeff Hardy being pelted by fireworks. I'd made a joke at the time about how similar this was to Jeff's pyro accident on Smackdown eight years ago.

During Impact last night however, I've started to feel like this was much less of a coincidence. I think there were a lot of nods to the Hardys' past both in and outside of wrestling throughout last night's Final Deletion as well as its build-up segments; whether overt and obvious like the return of Willow or some that were decidedly more subtle. The first thing that caught my attention was Matt Hardy's drone; Vanguard One. V1. A direct nod to Matt's old Version One gimmick in WWE.

Now I'm sure I'm not the first person to notice that, but there was more than this tucked away as the segments went on. I may not be right with some of these as a few are a bit tenuous, but I could certainly see the Hardys hiding some callbacks within the Final Deletion and I wouldn't be surprised at all if I was right about these connections. The first I noticed in the match itself was the fireworks as I've explained before, but then the taser Senor Benjamin used on Jeff got me thinking harder. Could this be a reference to the video from a few years back of Jeff using a taser on Matt and Reby? It seems an odd thing to just throw in there otherwise.

And that symbol Jeff climbs at the end of the match, does the dirt around it not look a little like a pretty amateur dirt bike jump? I appreciate that this one might be me reaching a little bit, but I do think it's possible that the mound is a reference to Jeff's last major crash landing, appropriately located at the site of his latest.
https://m.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircl...t_spoilers_there_was_a_lot_more_storytelling/

Pretty cool when to it sit back and connect all of the pieces.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Bracketology special is doing a good job at making me care about people I am largely unfamiliar with. I miss these kind of interviews on the main roster.

Top Bottom