• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Lmao the rock is being too kind to that jabroni

It must be exhausting to keep up that really nice guy persona. Sometimes these people need to be shitted on brehs.

I think Rock having to keep up that nice guy persona is a fair trade for his grating wrasslin persona we're subjected to every time he makes a pit stop in WWE.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel for my boy Naito because he should have won Most Improved Wrestler this year
tumblr_o9vngwU6LL1sj4xr4o1_500.png

but who could have expected this?

Fox318

Everything about the CWC special was fantastic.

I have no idea who is going to win but after seeing and hearing from everyone in kinda rooting for everyone.

Everything about the presentation is pure excitement for the product and that's what a commentary team should be.

God just thinking about a Mauro, Bryan, and Graves commentary team would be so fucking awesome on the main roster.

I think Rock having to keep up that nice guy persona is a fair trade for his grating wrasslin persona we're subjected to every time he makes a pit stop in WWE.

I admit it can sometimes be annoying (dat 20 minute stall for time mania entrance). But his off the script fuckery when he hosted his last raw was much needed mic entertainment

Fox318

I feel for my boy Naito because he should have won Most Improved Wrestler this year
tumblr_o9vngwU6LL1sj4xr4o1_500.png

but who could have expected this?

Yup. Plus I think Naito losing the belt hurt him a little.

Samoa Joe might be the only WWE pick.

Maybe Jason Jordan considering how much people fucking hated him last year.

MC Safety

You were all definitely right about Final Deletion.

Matt Hardy is great. The accent is great. Brother Nero is awful. I hope the boat is okay.

Fox318

Everything about Matt and Jeff getting the brother vs Brother feud working also shows how bad of a job Cody did with Starrdust.

They practically did the same story with Goldust trying to save Cody from himself.

Matt Hardy is definitely winning wrestler of the year and it's not a question of if he's going to win feud of the year, match of the year, or segment of the year... It's just a matter of which one of his feuds will produce those wins, because the year isn't over yet my friends.

DMczaf

Matt Hardy is definitely winning wrestler of the year and it's not a question of if he's going to win feud of the year, match of the year, or segment of the year... It's just a matter of which one of his feuds will get it because the year isn't over yet my friends.

#Broken Matt Hardy as TNA champion....will the the golden age of wrasslin

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So for those who didn't watch LU tonight, Dr Wagner debuted as Famous B's client.

The funny thing I noticed about this match was the booking. Because it basically highlighted something that LU gets that NXT doesn't. Particularly, contract this match with Sombra vs Tye. Sombra makes his much awaited debut as a babyface with his dumg American Males get-up against a
meme
wrestler that Full Sail likes to ironically get into like Adam Rose or Tyler Breeze for whatever reason. Snark aside, you're trying to set up Sombra as your next THE guy after Finn. But you debut him against someone beloved by the (Full Sail) fans. Your guy you are trying to debut as the top face. He gets heat. You made a dumb booking decision and you are still feeling it.

Conversely, Dr Wagner Jr debuts as the client of Famous B -- a heel. Dr Wagner Jr is one of the most famous active faces in Mexico. He's incredibly iconic and charismatic and can win over a crowd quickly or can make a crowd hate him quickly. Usually both. Dr Wagner Jr is going to be received well in Lucha Underground but you need him to be a heel. So you book him against a face. More importantly, you book him against Son of Havoc. Who is probably the most beloved underdog face in LU besides maybe Fenix. And the difference with Fenix is, Fenix IS a major player. Son of Havoc is an established guy, he's a character that really grew as LU grew and someone that the fans genuinely like and want to see him at that next level. No matter how over a legend like Wagner can be in debut, he gets heat because of who his opponent is. Because of the stipulation for his opponent that will finally get Havoc that shot that he and the fans want.

Wagner gets heat and is established as a heel because he was booked against a beloved face. Sombra gets heat and is a hated face because he was booked against this month's favorite jobber.

dream

omg

After the August tapings, all of the TV leading to Bound for Glory will be taped. The plan is for Bound for Glory on 9/11, as the 15th anniversary of the famous 9/11.

This is going to be the best wrestling show ever

This is a cool card

Hugo Savinovich’s second show in Chile will be 8/7 in Santiago with the Hardys vs. Young Bucks as the main event, plus Ricochet vs. Pentagon Jr. in a submission match, Santana Garrett vs. Ivelisse for their women’s title, Brian Cage vs. Apolo (from Puerto Rico), Drago vs. Mr. 450 Hammett, Alex Hero vs Twiggy for the Chilean title and Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Ken Anderson

Fox318

Well I think I know what episode I'm gonna do with the lapsed fan.

Trying to think of a single show that encapsulates my fandom in some way and the only one I can think of is the first PPV I ever bought.

survivor series 2002

Preiously I just looked up results in aol keyword wwf or anything online at the time.

I remember before that I only saw what low res clips I could find online or a few friends who had vhs tapes.

Brock is the best

a UFC 200 press call, when it was brought up what Stephanie McMahon said about Lesnar in the UFC, he responded by saying, “I don’t care what she says.” He was also asked how his drawing power would be affected if he lost to Mark Hunt, and said, “I really don’t give a shit.” He said, “This isn’t about my fans. This is about me living my life, being the person I want to be. Granted, without the fans and everything, none of us would be able to do this. I get that. But I don’t sit up at night wondering, `Is my drawing power gonna be hurt’ or `Are my WWE fans gonna tune in and watch me do this.’ I don’t give two shits about that. This is about me. I want to get in there and be an athlete again. That’s what this is about.”

Roderick Strong comes in, it’s expected to be along the lines of Austin Aries or Johnny Gargano (he won’t have to train daily at the Performance Center kind of a deal). A funny story about the difference between guys like Aries, Gargano or Tommaso Ciampa is that at least until they officially signed, Gargano & Ciampa were on per-show deals and not contracts (that has changed) but they got to wrestle the way they wanted so did really well at the house shows. The guys who trained in Orlando were mad, not at them, but at the idea they are taught to wrestle a style that doesn’t get over as much as the style they were wrestling, but they are allowed to wrestle a style the Orlando guys are taught is wrong and then it gets over

This is funny

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good to know AAA's 2015 curse has moved outside of the world of pro wrestling and into the world of Mixed Martial Arts

shanafan

I hope that Jericho gets one last world title reign. I think he is at the top of his game for his age, and deserves it.

Rock has to be the least bitter wrestling veteran ever. I mean it's completely understandable given his stature, but I don't think I've ever seen him lash out publicly at anyone or anything.

DMczaf

Rock has to be the least bitter wrestling veteran ever. I mean it's completely understandable given his stature, but I don't think I've ever seen him lash out publicly at anyone or anything.

And he has every reason to be bitter against WWE after they basically kicked him out of the company in 2005 when they "accidentally let his contract expire"

GunBR

UFC gonna have a part-time Brock Lesnar at the main event of their biggest show of the year

They're really looking more and more like WWE this days.

Top Bottom