• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

But, as always, look to the joshi for what the next cool suplex will be:
stardom4.29-13.gif

I've seen Zack Sabre do that something very similar a couple times already, it is pretty dope.

Peter Kaasa is ridiculous, no way a dude that built should be able to pull this shit off;

gCeQyOH.gif

NP1SJwb.gif

Cdo0YA8.gif

He's like a shorter Scott Steiner who proper loves the flippy-do wrestling.

bjork

Alexa Bliss looked like a million bucks on last night's NXT. What a fun match.

Maybe you just have to watch NXT regularly to know the story and whatnot, but I'm not sure I get Bayley. I'm sure she has the passion and she's over or whatever, but in the small bits I've seen, her moves have zero impact and her movement looks awkward to me for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Laws00

2002 WWE almost made me quit wrestling altogether - I should go back and watch it to see if it's as bad as I remember.

I stopped watching wrasslin back consistently once 2006 hit I think. Because I got WWE SmackDown vs. Raw 2007 for PS2. Fucking loved that game

Came back every now and then cause my friend and I would go over to a friends house for wrestlemania PPV

Funny enough I came back and watched the end of raw on a fluke just to see how stupid WWE had gotten. Raw 6/27/2011‬ the infamous CM PUNK pipe bomb. Good lord that got me interested in wrestling again.

I hate myself for that trap they sprung :(

Striker

Last few months of 06 when it was just Finlay, King Booker, Big Dave, and Super Cena were pretty awful.
Every now and then they'll try to do some things to pull people back in. The ECW thing was one of those things, and RVD getting the title on top of that. His first title defense?

Vs. Edge... in the middle of the card.

nu-DX vs. Spirit Squad main evented.

oddjobs

For the quarters, I see Gargano vs Swann, Kendrick vs Ibushi, Tozawa vs Tajiri and Dar vs ZSJR.

For semis, I'd have Gargano vs Ibushi and Tozawa vs Sabre

Leading of course to Ibushi vs Sabre.

Here's the thing though, they have Round 2, Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Finals to go.

They have 3 taping dates left.

Do you pair the Quarters and Semis in August, or do you do like a King of The Ring PPV and have the semis and finals in one night.

I doubt the winner of this will be someone NOT under contract to them. Gargano has that light-type-deal going on so I could possibly see Swann (under a full deal) going over him. Tajiri apparently signed so I'd imagine he goes over Tozawa unless he's signed as well.

What about ZSJ then? I'd imagine he can make more money on the indies than what he'd get in WWE - Dar might be more like what WWE wants and perhaps more likely to sign a deal. And then there's of course Ibushi - seems kind of unlikely that he'd win given that he doesn't apparently speak any english (and wouldn't necessarily be a good fit either.)

It'll be interesting to see what happens, I guess the winner will be someone who already signed a full time contract that we don't know about. Gargano?

Syder

Maybe you just have to watch NXT regularly to know the story and whatnot, but I'm not sure I get Bayley. I'm sure she has the passion and she's over or whatever, but in the small bits I've seen, her moves have zero impact and her movement looks awkward to me for some reason. Can't quite put my finger on it.
Single NXT matches aren't really representative of a wrestler's full repertoire. Bayley always brings it at TakeOvers, they're a must watch.

Can you imagine if WWE profiled their main roster and put them over as much as they did on last night's excellent Bracketology show? Has me really excited for the tournament to start next week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Single NXT matches aren't really representative of a wrestler's full repertoire. Bayley always brings it at TakeOvers, they're a must watch.

None of Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT matches are really special outside of the Zayn one, but that's just because he doesn't have to. Why kill your body when they actively don't want you to do anything crazy but people still think you're doing crazy things?

klonere

Banned
None of Shinsuke Nakamura's NXT matches are really special outside of the Zayn one, but that's just because he doesn't have to. Why kill your body when they actively don't want you to do anything crazy but people still think you're doing crazy things?

made me feel totally jipped out of my house show ticket when the entire roster phoned it in, especially Nakamura, even with lowered expectations.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
made me feel totally jipped out of my house show ticket when the entire roster phoned it in, especially Nakamura, even with lowered expectations.

I mean, it makes sense. He's a 36 year old with tons of miles on him, and already suffering from lingering injuries and when you work US style wrestling, they deliberately ask for a slower pace. Dude's got it figured out. He does just enough to make people think he's doing stuff even though he's actually mailing it in.

Angry Grimace

I have a bad feeling WWE is going to ape the Final Deletion style stuff for the New Day vs. Wyatt Family angle.

Angry Grimace

You can't fake that. It will have no soul. Leave it to the pros

I just went and read the Observer Newsletter to see if Meltzer said anything about it - he says that he thinks this is exactly what WWE is doing and that tapes of the Final Deletion were going around WWE's locker room over the weekend before Raw.

Kaiterra

Banned
Copying Final Deletion just to do it is a bad idea but I think if they let the talent guide the wheel here it'll turn out better than expected.

Of course, I know better than to expect that.

Zach

Haha... I didn't see enough gushing about The Rock; otherwise there'd be no doubt that P. Beef is nWoWolfpackTV2016.

Jamie OD

Copying Final Deletion just to do it is a bad idea but I think if they let the talent guide the wheel here it'll turn out better than expected.

Of course, I know better than to expect that.

There will definitely be a few indie attempts and parodies for the next few months. Pro wrestling thrives on copying ideas.

klonere

Banned
Only thing worse than 'cism is misspelled 'cism. Gross.

tumblr_lv14qyMqfq1qzgltno1_400.gif

Wow I just looked up that word. Total normalized slang in Ireland, no idea it had any connection to the Roma. Which makes a lot of sense considering our issues with the travelling community....

"Final Deletion is the Trapped in the Closet of pro wrestling."

Oh that is a great analogy. Now I gotta watch Trapped in the Closet again.

I mean, it makes sense. He's a 36 year old with tons of miles on him, and already suffering from lingering injuries and when you work US style wrestling, they deliberately ask for a slower pace. Dude's got it figured out. He does just enough to make people think he's doing stuff even though he's actually mailing it in.

Oh Nakamura is probably the most forgivable of everyone on the roster for not doing a bunch of shit on a house show but literally nobody else stepped up that night. We didn't even get Alpha/Revival which I was pissed about. I guess it happens when you load your roster up with a bunch of dudes in their late thirties and some seriously green developmental talent.

Anth0ny

Meltz with maybe the best line of the year on Observer radio tonight. Paraphrasing.

"The Raw rating was down because the casual viewers have lives. I'm not saying the people who watched Raw on Monday don't have lives.... well, some of them don't."

ahahahahaha

pew pew

klonere

Banned
410,000 viewers for Impact this week, up over 80,000.

THE FINAL DELETION was a draw, lets see if they can keep it up. Next week is the last week they won't have a live Smackdown competing with them I think.

NXT was some great wrestling last night, and Final Deletion was the sort of fun not trying to be WWE stuff that TNA should have been doing for fucking ages.

That WWE might actually be looking to one up it speaks very loudly to how good it was. Imagine if TNA hadn't just spent most of their years trying to mimic the WWE? It could have pushed both products.

But, Revival vs Alpha last night was something special... and I think we can also all agree that Alexa is ready after that match with Bailey last night.

For me, my love of NXT is often driven by getting to see people improve. Getting to see the moment where they finally start to get it, and then the moment where you feel that... yeah... they're ready.

When Alpha started it was all about Chad Gable, but Jason Jordon upped his game in every department and now they're both equally valuable. Chad is probably my favorite worker in NXT right now, but Jordon is the hottest hot tag in tag team right now, and when they hit their double teams, you can see both are on the same level and in fantastic sync.

Their chemistry with The Revival has been amazing to see. Either of these teams would be the best tag team up on the main roster. I could watch them feud forever I think, and I hope last night wasn't the blow off that I suspect it was.

And little Alexa. Remember when she couldn't even hit her finisher? She has blossomed into this awesome heel character which given her size and agility wasn't obviously the right path, but as soon as they went that way you knew this was the right course. She was always the highlight of Blake and Murphy... and she's almost certainly going to be the one who shines the brightest now that she's back to singles wrestling.

There's just something special about seeing people make it. I hope NXT continues to provide that... because you don't get those moments much at all up on the main roster, where they don't debut anyone green or anyone that still hasn't found their right character.

Top Bottom