• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Aiii

So not worth it
410,000 viewers for Impact this week, up over 80,000.

THE FINAL DELETION was a draw, lets see if they can keep it up. Next week is the last week they won't have a live Smackdown competing with them I think.

Over 50k views, 400 comments and nearly 900 likes on the DC I uploaded on YouTube yesterday morning, people love it.

He really is. I love the Darren Young-Backlund videos. I feel like wrestling fans are too stupid to get why it's great. Kind of like the criticism the final deletion gets. I've seen all the D.Young videos get major dislikes on Youtube. And people bitch about it on twitter. Fools

People on Wreddit were saying how WWE Fans must be unfunny because they hated this past RAW & the food fight, but love shit like Backlund

AColdDay

NXT was some great wrestling last night, and Final Deletion was the sort of fun not trying to be WWE stuff that TNA should have been doing for fucking ages.

That WWE might actually be looking to one up it speaks very loudly to how good it was. Imagine if TNA hadn't just spent most of their years trying to mimic the WWE? It could have pushed both products.

But, Revival vs Alpha last night was something special... and I think we can also all agree that Alexa is ready after that match with Bailey last night.

For me, my love of NXT is often driven by getting to see people improve. Getting to see the moment where they finally start to get it, and then the moment where you feel that... yeah... they're ready.

When Alpha started it was all about Chad Gable, but Jason Jordon upped his game in every department and now they're both equally valuable. Chad is probably my favorite worker in NXT right now, but Jordon is the hottest hot tag in tag team right now, and when they hit their double teams, you can see both are on the same level and in fantastic sync.

Their chemistry with The Revival has been amazing to see. Either of these teams would be the best tag team up on the main roster. I could watch them feud forever I think, and I hope last night wasn't the blow off that I suspect it was.

And little Alexa. Remember when she couldn't even hit her finisher? She has blossomed into this awesome heel character which given her size and agility wasn't obviously the right path, but as soon as they went that way you knew this was the right course. She was always the highlight of Blake and Murphy... and she's almost certainly going to be the one who shines the brightest now that she's back to singles wrestling.

There's just something special about seeing people make it. I hope NXT continues to provide that... because you don't get those moments much at all up on the main roster, where they don't debut anyone green or anyone that still hasn't found their right character.

Alexa is the next big thing out of the women's division. She has the looks, the facials and she is rapidly improving in the ring. I wish that we could have had modern Alexa working during the four horsewomen era.

Zach

NXT was some great wrestling last night, and Final Deletion was the sort of fun not trying to be WWE stuff that TNA should have been doing for fucking ages.

That WWE might actually be looking to one up it speaks very loudly to how good it was. Imagine if TNA hadn't just spent most of their years trying to mimic the WWE? It could have pushed both products.

But, Revival vs Alpha last night was something special... and I think we can also all agree that Alexa is ready after that match with Bailey last night.

For me, my love of NXT is often driven by getting to see people improve. Getting to see the moment where they finally start to get it, and then the moment where you feel that... yeah... they're ready.

When Alpha started it was all about Chad Gable, but Jason Jordon upped his game in every department and now they're both equally valuable. Chad is probably my favorite worker in NXT right now, but Jordon is the hottest hot tag in tag team right now, and when they hit their double teams, you can see both are on the same level and in fantastic sync.

Their chemistry with The Revival has been amazing to see. Either of these teams would be the best tag team up on the main roster. I could watch them feud forever I think, and I hope last night wasn't the blow off that I suspect it was.

And little Alexa. Remember when she couldn't even hit her finisher? She has blossomed into this awesome heel character which given her size and agility wasn't obviously the right path, but as soon as they went that way you knew this was the right course. She was always the highlight of Blake and Murphy... and she's almost certainly going to be the one who shines the brightest now that she's back to singles wrestling.

There's just something special about seeing people make it. I hope NXT continues to provide that... because you don't get those moments much at all up on the main roster, where they don't debut anyone green or anyone that still hasn't found their right character.
Nice, positive write-up. I hope to catch up on NXT today. Yesterday's episode sounds great.

And little Alexa. Remember when she couldn't even hit her finisher? She has blossomed into this awesome heel character which given her size and agility wasn't obviously the right path, but as soon as they went that way you knew this was the right course.

I remember Disney Princess Alexa Bliss, and she's come so far since then.
ab45faabfbcd6b6f170a1d6d66976506f9fb8855_hq.gif

tumblr_n5bosqrNYR1r1eqygo8_250.gif

Alexa-Bliss-gifs-007.gif

Although I'm glad she's kept the way she twists through the ropes into the ring. That part has always looked great.

I remember Disney Princess Alexa Bliss, and she's come so far since then.
ab45faabfbcd6b6f170a1d6d66976506f9fb8855_hq.gif

tumblr_n5bosqrNYR1r1eqygo8_250.gif

Alexa-Bliss-gifs-007.gif

Although I'm glad she's kept the way she twists through the ropes into the ring. That part has always looked great.

I love how she's made giving people in the crowd attitude when they boo her part of her entrance too. She's really got her character skills on point.

Aiii

So not worth it
Bliss should have been brought up way before Dana.

Dana needed some more time in NXT.

Dana need more YEARS in NXT.

She is nowhere near ready, but we're reverting back to Divas-territory for the division anyways, so might as well.

Bliss should have been brought up way before Dana.

Dana needed some more time in NXT.

Dana and Emma were ready as a pair (Emma was ready all by herself obviously). I'm not going to blame them for what happened with Emma getting injured, and Dana is going to be just fine because she puts in the work. She's improved a lot since her debut as well. She's not there yet, but she'll swim rather than sink, imho.

Sephzilla

Dana has main roster character and personality, plus her and Emma were a really good duo. Emma getting hurt effectively hurt Dana as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alexa has all the personality in the world and then some, so that can't be it.

Dana has "the look." I'm sure Vince took one look at a picture of her and called her up on the spot.

klonere

Banned
I think the fact that they are holding Alexa back in NXT so long to let her put together all the piece speaks volumes to how much they want her to succeed. She hasn't been thrown into the fire with no real preparation like Dana has. She's gonna be the complete package when she hits the main roster.

All I really need from the CWC is Noam Dar cutting a promo in Florida. I wonder if people will be able to reconcile how the guy looks and the accent that comes out of his mouth.

imBask

Banned
Dana need more YEARS in NXT.

She is nowhere near ready, but we're reverting back to Divas-territory for the division anyways, so might as well.

This is why i'd much rather see Asuka and Alexa thrive in NXT, the women's division on RAW is heading straight back to hell

Fox318

Dana has main roster character and personality, plus her and Emma were a really good duo. Emma getting hurt effectively hurt Dana as well.

I'm not saying she doesn't but she needed more time to improve and on the main roster she will get exposed and potentially get a rap that sticks with her.

But the Women's division is starting to revert back to Divas division shit with the short matches and such.

They still care more about Total Divas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alexa has all the personality in the world and then some, so that can't be it.

Dana has "the look." I'm sure Vince took one look at a picture of her and called her up on the spot.
Dana is great. She's being given middling material, but doing the best she can with it.

klonere

Banned
Dana is great. She's being given middling material, but doing the best she can with it.

Becky does way better with far less. Why do people hate her Sunny? Why they don't want her ;;;;

But agreed about Dana, the whole division is wading through a lot of chickenshit right now.

Dana's look has gone to shit.

Not being able to train in the Performance Center everyday probably will do that. That touring schedule has gotta be brutal for a first timer like her.

Aiii

So not worth it
Becky is the type of girl who says she loves punk rock, but only knows the Green Day singles

"She headbangs at the wrong times, she misuses devil horns, she's the type of girl that wears the bands shirt to their concert" -Corey Graves knows.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"She headbangs at the wrong times, she misuses devil horns, she's the type of girl that wears the bands shirt to their concert" -Corey Graves knows.
It's true, and he sees her for what she is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah but Corey Graves is the kind of dude who thinks shit like pop punk is poser music and you need to listen to REAL hardcore music... like Bring Me the Horizon and A Day To Remember.

XenoRaven

I don't go to a lot of concerts, but if you like a band enough to buy their shirt and go to their concert, wouldn't the concert be a good time to wear the shirt?

Should I instead wear a shirt of a band that's in the same genre? Should I wear some lesser known band shirt to show how inside I am?

I just need to know for future reference.

Fox318

If you listen to shoots, Yokozuna apparently got all the hot hip hop mix tapes sent to him in the 90s before any other wrestlers and was pretty much the hook-up dude for music.

How could he?

Wasn't he busy with Mr Fuji in Japan working for the emperor?

Next thing you'll tell me is Yoko wasn't Japaneses.

I remember watching an IWA:MS show and, no joke, at least a third of all the wrestlers had a Disturbed song as their theme music.

If you listen to shoots, Yokozuna apparently got all the hot hip hop mix tapes sent to him in the 90s before any other wrestlers and was pretty much the hook-up dude for music.

Hah, that's amazing.

klonere

Banned
Mid 90s hip hop aficionado Yoko would be a gimmick I could get into

Still sore that we never got that Wale New Day theme though :(

XenoRaven

So if Tool goes on tour again should I wear a Deftones shirt or an Isis shirt?

"hurr hurr just don't go tool sux"

There I saved you the trouble.

miserable

people who wear bands shirts to concerts aren't "real fans", thanks for enlightening me mr. genuine

Aiii

So not worth it
people who wear bands shirts to concerts aren't "real fans", thanks for enlightening me mr. genuine

No, Corey Graves points out that you're allowed to wear band shirts, but not to their own concerts. You know nothing, miserable.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but Corey Graves is the kind of dude who thinks shit like pop punk is poser music and you need to listen to REAL hardcore music... like Bring Me the Horizon and A Day To Remember.
Pop punk is so bad though, so so bad.

Top Bottom