• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

klonere

Banned
Nowhere near as bad as metalcore. And I listened to a lot of both in high school and jr high school.

I'd take yet another insipid breakdown based song about how much the world sucks over another saccharine 4 chorder about the girl next door.

Pop punk is the EDM of yesteryears. The worst, most derivative genre.

Broken Matt makes his own music, all other music is inferior.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd take yet another insipid breakdown based song about how much the world sucks over another saccharine 4 chorder about the girl next door.

Pop punk is the EDM of yesteryears. The worst genre.
I'll take anything sugary 4 chorder over a repetitive cookie monster whiny voice contrast about how you are a grrl and you are special and dont let them put you down

Major League, The Wonder Years and Handguns don't really talk about the girl next door.

miserable

No, Corey Graves points out that you're allowed to wear band shirts, but not to their own concerts. You know nothing, miserable.

that's what i was saying. next time i go to an Iron Maiden concert i'll make sure to wear an AC/DC shirt. or better yet, a Kanye one

klonere

Banned
I'll take anything sugary 4 chorder over a repetitive cookie monster whiny voice contrast about how you are a grrl and you are special and dont let them put you down

The Wonder Years and Handguns don't really talk about the girl next door.

I'll admit, bad metal/deathcore was my guilty pleasure for many years so I'm pretty biased.

Also I spent a lot of time at teenage gigs where all the bands would play a mixture of Blink, Green Day, Metallica or Linkin Park covers week in week out which did my head in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'll admit, bad metal/deathcore was my guilty pleasure for many years so I'm pretty biased.

Also I spent a lot of time at teenage gigs where all the bands would play a mixture of Blink, Green Day, Metallica or Linkin Park covers week in week out which did my head in.

I was close friends with a girl who's brother was kind of the 'big deal' in the local scene because he was one of the most popular Myspace scene guys at the time. And I heard so much cookie monster. I think the only nasally whiny screamy band that survived my taste at that point was Thursday.

Fox318

Classical

LJ1jOVN.gif

imBask

Banned
Yeah, I think we're pretty much all in agreement on Becky Lynch's poserness here.

and back then y'all called me Corey Graves for agreeing with him that she was a poser, back when everyone loved her

I don't need this shit

I don't need you

I'm turning

klonere

Banned
No no, you have to wear an Iced Earth shirt.

Bolt Thrower for maximum credibility.

I was close friends with a girl who's brother was kind of the 'big deal' in the local scene because he was one of the most popular Myspace scene guys at the time. And I heard so much cookie monster. I think the only nasally whiny screamy band that survived my taste at that point was Thursday.

Heh, so the opposite of me, I was surrounded by pop punk wannabes instead.

I guess its a matter whether you can stand the vocals full stop. I could and branched out int other genres of metal from there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Heh, so the opposite of me, I was surrounded by pop punk wannabes instead.

I guess its a matter whether you can stand the vocals full stop. I could and branched out int other genres of metal from there.

I mean, that was Jr High for me. We did the skateboarding thing and listened to a lot of NFG and Alk3. A lot of that crowd moved onto the 'scene' gimmick in high school and the music changed accordingly.

Last five (optional fave five) gigs you attended? Interested in the music tastes of WrassleGAF now.

Last 5 gigs:
Alice Cooper
Jack off Jill
AC DC
Black Sabbath/Motorhead/Faith No More
Anamanaguchi

(I don't go to very much live music)

This (top recommended listen of the week) remix of a Paramore song is the only one I really liked.
If we're talking remixes, this Powerglove one is quite fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuEuXYLVk7o

klonere

Banned
CmxXgkvWgAEQLIU.jpg:small

Noam looking hella fine front and center. Don't let the lads in the dole office see this.

I mean, that was Jr High for me. We did the skateboarding thing and listened to a lot of NFG and Alk3. A lot of that crowd moved onto the 'scene' gimmick in high school and the music changed accordingly.

Irish high school of the mid 00s existed in this weird time warp where everyone liked the big thrash bands, metalcore never broke through and early Linkin Park was the hottest shit...in 2007. No relation to actual trends, it was so odd.

Zach

Whoever it was yesterday that I saw trashing American Alpha's singlets can go suck a goose egg.

And re: Bash at the Beach '96 -- somebody better be on that 20-year anniversary thread. Where's RBH?

Whoever it was yesterday that I saw trashing American Alpha's singlets can go suck a goose egg.

And re: Bash at the Beach '96 -- somebody better be on that 20-year anniversary thread. Where's RBH?
Those singlets were some Becky tier garbage.

Last five (optional fave five) gigs you attended? Interested in the music tastes of WrassleGAF now.

Last 5 gigs:
Alice Cooper
Jack off Jill
AC DC
Anamanaguchi

Don't go to gigs much any more, most of my spare cash goes on wrestling shows now haha. Last few were Arnocorps, a local band Sick As Funk, Agalloch, Orange Goblin and Arnocorps again :p

Fave 5 gigs;

Iron Maiden at Brixton
Red Sparowes
Slayer
Iced Earth
The Enablers

Vince Russo announced on his latest podcast that he was giving Jim Cornette an offer he cant refuse saying it was time for Cornette to man up and say things to his face.

Russo proposes that Sean Oliver from Kayfabe Commentaries moderates a meeting/discussion between the two.

Take my money! It's gonna get nasty.

klonere

Banned

Last 5 gigs:
Alice Cooper
Jack off Jill
AC DC
Anamanaguchi

If we're talking remixes, this Powerglove one is quite fun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuEuXYLVk7o

Last 5 Gigs:
Slayer/Anthrax
Tesseract
M83
Jamie XX
Yung Lean (fucking lol)

Good times were had by all except at Yung Lean which was just too surreal for words and had the weirdest crowd mix ever - total nerds (like Anime convention tier) and the hippest most drugged up beautiful 20 somethings. I was offered Oxy, Xanax, Codeine and a variety of other pharmaceuticals before I got in the door while listening to some dude reciting back the hottest memes of the day to his friends dresed in a variety of goku flame shirts or track pants.

Zach

My favorite concert is still probably Radiohead. I love Against Me! in concert, too. And Green Day was great a long time ago. Bob Dylan was cool, even though he's old and the songs don't sound the same. I really enjoyed Dwight Yoakam. AFI was a lot of fun. Tallest Man was excellent. Had a good time seeing HAIM. The list goes on and on.

Music is fun.

Zach

Seeing classics like The Who and Paul McCartney is pretty cool, too.

Oh, and many years ago I saw Flogging Molly and they were fantastic.

So much music.

Kurita

Last 5 gigs:
Alice Cooper
Jack off Jill
AC DC
Anamanaguchi

Went to 0 shows this year ugh
Last 5
-ONE OK ROCK
-Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas
-RADWIMPS
-Asian Kung-Fu Generation
-Brian the Sun/Bentham/セプテンバーミー

I hope I'll be able to go to a ton of gigs during my stay in Japan. Went to two concerts last year when I was in Tokyo for a month, so great.

Zach

I'll make the Bash at the Beach '96 thread. I'll be heavily lifting from legitshook.com, though. Forgive me, sweet strobogo.

Top Bottom