• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

tm24

Do all the things in the post make you mad, or just the Wagber thing?
Just the Wagner thing. I should have separated the concert thing since i edited that in after seeing it on the last page
Like, the composer? >_>

And ooooh, HAIM and Titus Andronicus. We must be pals.
Yeah like the composer. Germany has had a strong influence in Mexico. It's why there's so many goddamn accordions in the music. The area where Dr. Wagner (the father) was from has a very strong German cultural history and it would be pronounced with the V sound. So when he was on LU last night and they kept doing the W thing i just get mad. Also note that my dad is from the area and thus i learned to speak Spanish that way too.

And yes, HAIM and TA were very good shows. I'm lucky to live less than 2 hours away from many music venues that lets me see a lot of different shows

uk-tourteaser1.jpg

Last five (optional fave five) gigs you attended? Interested in the music tastes of WrassleGAF now.
Only been to 5, I'm only 17 and I was pretty much forced to one. Worst to Best
5.Mayhem Festival 2011
4.Caifanes
3.Pat the Bunny
2.Modern Baseball
1.Andrew Jackson Jihad

Zach

Only been to 5, I'm only 17 and I was pretty much forced to one. Worst to Best
5.Mayhem Festival 2011
4.Caifanes
3.Pat the Bunny
2.Modern Baseball
1.Andrew Jackson Jihad
17?!

This explains so much.

Just kidding. I like AJJ quite a bit. Haven't seen them in concert, though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez, last five bands I went to see?

1. Salem
2. Nekrogoblikon
3. Hall & Oates
4. Middle Class Rut
5. Molotov

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who's gonna make the nWo Silver and Black thread?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope I manage to see Heart before I die. Also Tears for Fears, was going to see them THIS WEEKEND but it is "postponed" :(

Fortunate and happy I was able to see Slayer when they were in their prime, and Sepultura before they lost Max. Glad I was able to see Pantera in 94, even if Anselmo is a racist piece of trash now. That was still something. And Marilyn Manson in 95. Those are all shows I was VERY happy I went to considering how things turned out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He'll attack when you get your Virgil to join your gang. Give it time and eventually you will when he finally shows up to an agreed upon meeting at any restaurant in OKC.

<3, Sunny

If Zach needs protection, he knows to give me a ring-a-ling if he wants some ding-a-ling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bam Bam desperately needed a look change to his wardrobe for years. Like more than any other wrestler.

Where do you go from the flames, though?

I did kinda like his triple B logo, but that isn't what you're talking about.

Last five (optional fave five) gigs you attended? Interested in the music tastes of WrassleGAF now.

Last 5 gigs:
Alice Cooper
Jack off Jill
AC DC
Black Sabbath/Motorhead/Faith No More
Anamanaguchi

Oh damn, i might go to one a year at this point but I'm trying to recall best I can:

Natefest (Indecision, Cro-Mags, Farside, Ensign, Undertown, +more)
Get Up Kids reunion tour
Joyce Manor
Dinosaur Jr (sort of, they were playing an outdoor stage and i stood on the boardwalk near by)
Modern Life is War / Tear it Up (this will be in September)

If USADA raided Dragon Gate they'd probably shut the whole promotion down god DAMN.

How dare you? Dragon Gate water is all natural, clean living.

made me feel totally jipped out of my house show ticket when the entire roster phoned it in, especially Nakamura, even with lowered expectations.

Don't say jipped/gypped, friend. It's not cool: http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-gypped-hurts-the-roma-more-than-it-hurts-you

And you know what I do to people who are not cool?
carlito-apple.gif

Lothar

Banned
I love this gif to death. A part of me always wonders what was going through his mind when he lets that huge exhale out right when he steps out. Nerves? Release of nerves? Crowd reaction taking him aback...

Regardless, it is just an amazing moment.

Selling Madison Square Garden and at the time the biggest match in his career I'm guessing.

Sephzilla

You better believe it. It embodies his entire in-ring philosophy especially as it pertains to protecting others. Perfect isn't feeling shit there. Bret is harboring the entire weight of the move on his right leg to fake the pain he is dishing. He is also cheating a little by leaning towards the camera as his other leg balances him.

in contrast, everyone who half asses it now, (and in the past, as Rock has done embarrassingly enough) exert the force on the opponents back to the extent that they can tolerate it.

Yeah, at most, Perfect is feeling the muscles in his legs stretch a little bit yet the move looks like it hurts because Hart looks like he's cranking it hard. Damn, Bret was absolutely the GOAT when it came to in-ring shit

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How did you end up at a Molotov show and was it good?

They were the opener, they were far better than the headliner. I dug it. Kept switching instruments, as they do. I like em.

Top Bottom