• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

Zach needs some protection?
prj1h35.gif

APA, you say.

APA_display_image.jpg

A bar and a grill!

klonere

Banned
Bracketology and THE FINAL DELETION on two sides of the wrasslin' field. Best time to be a wrestling fan right now friends. Balee dat.

How dare you? Dragon Gate water is all natural, clean living.

Don't say jipped/gypped, friend. It's not cool: http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswi...-gypped-hurts-the-roma-more-than-it-hurts-you

Woops, I did own up to it a few pages back, honestly never heard of the term being bad. Total regular colloquialism here in Ireland.

Welp, I feel much better about having to sit through whatever Ospreay vs Vader ends up being

Yeah but will they go 30 minutes though

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My favorite thing of the Final Deletion thing is the people that don't get it that feel the need to express aloud that they don't get it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. It's hypocritical to call something like that 'not wrestling' when you look at the history of wrestling with things like Inoki fighting on an island, empty arena matches, foreign spikes, and all of that and just shows your ignorance of the sport. But keep that to yourself because it makes you look bad. But then you need to write an 8 paragraph diatribe where you say, 'I didn't like it but it's ok that you liked it....... but if you liked it, it's not art, it's not pro wrestling, it's insulting. BUT ITS OK IF YOU LIKED IT'

Like it's the mainstream version of calling someone a gimmick fan for liking something. Like I'm not going to say, 'you're an idiot for liking it' but i'm going to insult its integrity, intentions, creativity, individuality, and you for watching it. but i'm not going to call you an idiot. i'm just going to be as indirect as possible.

The idea of bringing up Ricochet's 'wrestling is art' thing for a cheap pop and then putting out this narrow view of what is pro wrestling and that the final deletion isn't pro wrestling is the ultimate smarky cunt pretense.

My favorite thing of the Final Deletion thing is the people that don't get it that feel the need to express aloud that they don't get it.

If you don't like it, that's fine. It's hypocritical to call something like that 'not wrestling' when you look at the history of wrestling with things like Inoki fighting on an island, empty arena matches, foreign spikes, and all of that and just shows your ignorance of the sport. But keep that to yourself because it makes you look bad. But then you need to write an 8 paragraph diatribe where you say, 'I didn't like it but it's ok that you liked it....... but if you liked it, it's not art, it's not pro wrestling, it's insulting. BUT ITS OK IF YOU LIKED IT'

Like it's the mainstream version of calling someone a gimmick fan for liking something. Like I'm not going to say, 'you're an idiot for liking it' but i'm going to insult its integrity, intentions, creativity, individuality, and you for watching it. but i'm not going to call you an idiot. i'm just going to be as indirect as possible.

The idea of bringing up Ricochet's 'wrestling is art' thing for a cheap pop and then putting out this narrow view of what is pro wrestling and that the final deletion isn't pro wrestling is the ultimate smarky cunt pretense.

My favourite are the horrified fans that it "made a mockery of the business"

Woops, I did own up to it a few pages back, honestly never heard of the term being bad. Total regular colloquialism here in Ireland.

Yeah, I had no idea it was derived from the offensive term for travellers (which you hear used fairly liberally around here, along with others, as we have a large traveller community who aren't exactly held in the best regard).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Wrestling encompasses so much. It's easy to hate flippy dippy shit, or #TheFinalDeletion or shoot-style matches or Suzuki vs Mecha Mummy, but its all under the same umbrella. It's all still the wrassles. Enjoy what you like. If you don't get it, much like the stuff I don't get, that just means I'm missing out, not that I'm on a high horse.

Sephzilla

There should absolutely be tons of different types of wrasslin. WWE/NXT stuff. LU stuff. #FinalDeletion stuff. And so forth. Not all wrestling needs to appeal to all people.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
There's a lot of bad things that came out of Octagon being a piece of shit to Flamita and getting his way. But I think the worst to me is destroying that AAA relationship after he was a highly sought after talent from CMLL and AAA, getting put over by both Volador Jr from CMLL and Fenix from AAA only to have it ruined by some drunken bully. I do wonder if Konnan still being in AAA would've prevented that because Konnan had no problem putting Octagon's shitty self on blast.

But I would have loved to seen the occasional AAA talent in Dragon Gate, even just once. Drago and Aerostar would've done real well with the fans especially.

Marvel

could never
Was watching Batman Beyond cartoon earlier, intro theme was fire. Could pass an Attitude Era theme I guess.

Kurita

My country is in the semi-finals of Euro so I'm like half-watching it to be PATRIOTIC, but god, this sport is so fucking boring

And I watch tennis

Bracketology and THE FINAL DELETION on two sides of the wrasslin' field. Best time to be a wrestling fan right now friends. Balee dat.

Yeah but will they go 30 minutes though

Saw it and appreciate it.

I still think Ospreay is a circus act.

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that way, because the flippy shit is what brought him to the dance and that's what people are expecting to see, but he's going to surprise a lot of people once they get to see what he can do beyond that. He plays a good heel, for one thing, and can work a story into his matches beyond trying to one-up the other guy with flip after flip.

I wouldn't blame anyone for thinking that way, because the flippy shit is what brought him to the dance and that's what people are expecting to see, but he's going to surprise a lot of people once they get to see what he can do beyond that. He plays a good heel, for one thing, and can work a story into his matches beyond trying to one-up the other guy with flip after flip.

I still need to find some time to go watch that heel run.

Finally caught up with this week's main event in WCPW.

Noam Dar vs. Rampage

Not a bad match!

Outside of them needing to tone down the commentary a bit/sort out some production issues (and it's only been two weeks), they've both been solid episodes so far.

Anyone else keeping track?

Kaladin

That Bracketology special was something else. It made me care about people I'd never heard of or people I had written off as not going far and everyone in between. This is an amazing tournament and I'm glad I'm getting to see some of it live.

Kurita

That Bracketology special was something else. It made me care about people I'd never heard of or people I had written off as not going far and everyone in between. This is an amazing tournament and I'm glad I'm getting to see some of it live.

Same, I want to root for a lot of competitors right now, especially : Kendrick, Gallagher, Ibushi, Perkins and Swann.

somedevil

The final deletion impact episode did this many viewers:

Impact in June did these numbers, 322,000 last week, 304,000, 210,000 and 326,000.

So this is the highest number in a while but only 88,000 people more watched it compared to last week.

klonere

Banned
Same, I want to root for a lot of competitors right now, especially : Kendrick, Gallagher, Ibushi, Perkins and Swann.

Yeah I'm going to be upset when nearly everyone loses :(

THIS ISN'T FUCKING HARD WWE LOOK, I CARE. I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT NXT ANYMORE.

I still need to find some time to go watch that heel run.

Is that the Dark Britannico stuff? Thanks to TEW I learned he worked under that name with a mask before. Cool name as well.

Kaladin

Yeah, and I love how they really put over that this has never been done before by the WWE, no one ever expected it and it is a paradigm shift in philosophy with at least some parts of the company. I also love how Bryan puts over the guys "on the fringes". That may come across like a forced company buzzword, but it really puts over how diverse and special this tournament is.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Which is part of why I criticize the 100 miles an hour, gymnastics work pace of the independent scene. That shit is not good for you in the long-term. Look at Rey Mysterio or Takuya Sugi and think about what you're doing to your body just to get noticed by the WWE then to only either get noticed by the WWE and get immediately injured due to years of abuse to your knees or to not get not iced and lose all of your heat because you're not doing the stuff that people popped for when you were in the indies. Trevor Lee and Andrew Everett's knees are going to be dust in 7 years and neither have shown they can do much else besides HOLY SHIT BIG POP ALL THE TIME moments for the Resada crowd.

You don't get the lucha safety net of being able to slow down in your older years and still be respected as a veteran. Most indie veterans are treated as jokes and has-beens that couldn't make it to the big time and can't do what they brought to the table with very few exceptions.

And not everyone can transition into an AJ Styles caliber technical wrestler when the high flying's not working anymore.

Kaladin

So I finally saw The Final Deletion. Matt Hardy's character is over the top cheese and I love it. Jeff Hardy is Jeff Hardy. I loved the drone attack bit, but the backyard wrasslin was all a bit cheesy. There needs to be more in wrestling like this though. I think the reason people liked this is the same reason people like Lucha Underground. It was different, over the top and you never knew what they would do next.

klonere

Banned
Yeah, and I love how they really put over that this has never been done before by the WWE, no one ever expected it and it is a paradigm shift in philosophy with at least some parts of the company. I also love how Bryan puts over the guys "on the fringes". That may come across like a forced company buzzword, but it really puts over how diverse and special this tournament is.

And the at the desk conversations felt so genuine. Just some guys passionate about wrestling talking about it. No, as you said, forced buzzwords, no shitty scripts, just from the heart. Good shit all round.

Kurita

And the at the desk conversations felt so genuine. Just some guys passionate about wrestling talking about it. No, as you said, forced buzzwords, no shitty scripts, just from the heart. Good shit all round.

Mauro shaking HHH's hand while thanking him was a pure shoot, HHH was legit shook

imBask

Banned
Is there anyone who really thinks Zack Sabre Jr. won't win the left side of the bracket? Reminder : this is pre-determined

klonere

Banned
Nah, he had a run in IPW starting last year where he tagged with Robbo.

Wow I have to check this out based off that photo. Maybe its just a fortunate shot but he really looks the part.

Mauro shaking HHH's hand while thanking him was a pure shoot, HHH was legit shook

HHH was worried Mauro would go for the wristlock and go behind.

Is there anyone who really thinks Zack Sabre Jr. won't win the left side of the bracket? Reminder : this is pre-determined

wow wrestling is fake thanks for that

;)

Kaladin

Everyone involved just seems so excited about this product. I loved how Bryan (I think) compared it to the Super J Cup. That has me excited because they do have a real chance to build something special here. This feels like the start of a new tradition that can rival the best tournaments in Japan.

Top Bottom