• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

7zGcNHt.jpg

I assume no storyline reason was given for why these two wrestlers would face each other after being off TV for awhile with nothing on the line?

Kaladin

Was Orton out due to injury or wellness violation?

It has been so long I forgot.

Either way, it sounds like he pissed Vince off with this return match.

I think they'll work well together if the match is actually booked competitively. Orton is a really great wrestler, and Lesnar has show he can have great matches with great wrestlers.

was a good wrestler, he stopped caring a long time ago

No, he's still a great wrestler, he just picks his spots. The match with Seth at WM and his match with Reigns at SS two years ago are examples. A highly hyped match with Brock at a big event like Summerslam he'll deliver on.

imBask

Banned
No, he's still a great wrestler, he just picks his spots. The match with Seth at WM and his match with Reigns at SS two years ago are examples. A highly hyped match with Brock at a big event like Summerslam he'll deliver on.

both of those were good, but that's about it. And Both Seth and Reigns are pretty different from Brock... I don't know

in other news that new #beatupjohncena meme is pretty alright

Colocho

Banned
So Brock is gonna fight Orton, who at the last SummerSlam lost clean to Sheamus, who this week lost clean to Ryder. Great stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe Brock will be forced to do something other than just a bunch of suplexes because Orton might otherwise get killed?

Brock not doing any of his movest on someone as fragile as Orton, suplex or not.

Maybe Brock just shouldn't have to wrestle someone as awful as Orton
23163%20-%20The_Edge_And_Christian_Show_That_Totally_Reeks_Of_Awesomeness%20aj_styles%20autoplay_gif%20shrugging%20wwe.gif

The only one taking the L here is the one who's still salty as fuck over a podcast 2 years ago

Jesus Christ, Ryback is a complete loser

Except he still probably hears people call him 'dumb as fuck' from that podcast. You know, the one where 'make Roman look strong' happened and people still say that dumb shit.

Look, what I'm saying is that a possibly concussed Lesnar might want to get the limelight after he gets his ass handed to him by Mark Hunt and tries the Brocking Star Press at SummerSlam, which would explain all the fireworks imagery around him.

Follow the money. Chemtrails.

DMczaf

Except he still probably hears people call him 'dumb as fuck' from that podcast. You know, the one where 'make Roman look strong' happened and people still say that dumb shit.

Then he should be questioning why the only thing people remember about him is something CM Punk said on a podcast 2 years ago

Loser

Orton vs. Brock?

Yeah, that'll put the butts in the seats...

Orton is a guy people (fans, legends) continually insist is good (even great, sometimes) but man I just never really see it.

Watching Brock's UFC career in prep for 200.

His first UFC/Mir fight is surreal. I wonder what WWE fans thought about seeing Lesnar pound his face, seemingly in control, only to get slip into a footlock (knee bar?) and tap nearly instantly.

Hey DM, you're in sin City, Ryback is too, how about you two fight? Can we use some of your software from work to put together a betting device? I'll put money on you winning.

Roman is closer to being the next Randy instead of the next Cena.

In that he is so generically "wrestling top guy" in terms of looks that it wraps around to becoming their sole identity. Orton has never had a character outside of "I am the future".

So both guys will learn to layout their matches and find their spots that they're really good at hitting, but they'll never connect with the crowd, because they're hollow, empty shells.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Good thing they put it on the same day as Tetris TGM runs. That shit was god-tier. I still can't comprehend how those guys operate that fast.

I'm disappointed to not see a lot of my favorite streamers, like AdamAK and Sinister1. I still think the GTA speed runs are the most impressive runs during these things. But I am interested in the Two Worlds run.

Zach

Orton vs. Brock?

Yeah, that'll put the butts in the seats...

Orton is a guy people (fans, legends) continually insist is good (even great, sometimes) but man I just never really see it.
He's got, like, a real prototypical wrassler look, I think. And he seems competent enough in the ring. But is he special in any way or charismatic at all? Not that I've seen.

Top Bottom