• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

I need the worst PPV between 2002 and 2007

we're doing a special edition of "shlock nights" at my place tonight and we're thinking about watching a bad PPV from that era

All fine choices from Wrasslegaf so far, WWE's Great American Bash is typically a goldmine of shitty cards, 2004 was already mentioned and if anything is almost too boring for even a shlock night outside of Bearer getting buried in Concrete.
So maybe 2007? You get a hoss triple threat title match complete with Great Khali, Cena doing classic super Cena stuff with good ol' Bobby Lashley.
Gimmicky crap like Orton vs DUSTY RHODES in a bullrope match and Sandman in 2007 in a "cane on a pole match".
Seems like the right blend of shit but not too tediously dreadful like December to Dismember.

I need the worst PPV between 2002 and 2007

we're doing a special edition of "shlock nights" at my place tonight and we're thinking about watching a bad PPV from that era
2007:
Vengeance
SummerSlam
Unforgiven
No Mercy
2006:
New Year's Rev until the main event
Judgement Day
Great American Bash
December to Dismember
Armageddon

Bad fucking years. Pick your poison

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really happy that when those pics of Matt Hardy's new gimmick came out, some of us were intrigued - and that it paid off in full.

It's just bananas to me that he could have such a huge effect on TNA's ratings. That's just so fucking wild.

Ithil

The Lesnar/Orton match being announced is weird. There's no real storyline or anything? They're just gonna have a match because.

Is the Lesnar/Orton match gonna get build-up or is Orton making his return at Summerslam? I mean, even with it just announced will Orton appear before it for anything of a segment or what?

klonere

Banned
I'm really happy that when those pics of Matt Hardy's new gimmick came out, some of us were intrigued - and that it paid off in full.

It's just bananas to me that he could have such a huge effect on TNA's ratings. That's just so fucking wild.

A one week pop (heh) means nothing. They have to leverage the momentum for some type of growth, which is something TNA never really got a handle on.

The Lesnar/Orton match being announced is weird. There's no real storyline or anything? They're just gonna have a match because.

I guess? Lame matchup in any case.

Anth0ny

dude who gets suspended for 30 days gets main event on ppv days after suspension ends

dude who is out with injury for what feels like 30 months gets main event at summer slam against dude who left company for 6 months and just fought for another promotion

so many likeable, relate-able stars on this program

klonere

Banned
June 6: Lucha Underground drew a combined audience of 143,000 viewers, down 35 percent from last week’s big audience of 219,000.

The original airing drew 104,000 viewers, within the ballpark of 116k last week.

However, the replay only drew 39,000 viewers, down from 103k last week.

That does not seem good.

dude who gets suspended for 30 days gets main event on ppv days after suspension ends

dude who is out with injury for what feels like 30 months gets main event at summer slam against dude who left company for 6 months and just fought for another promotion

Gotta say, as someone who didn't watch wrestling from about 1998 until this last WrestleMania, I'm kinda of confused by all this.

That's not the worst of it.

Either the part timer beats the guy who has just returned and kills his heat (and maybe injures him)

Or the guy in the twilight of his full time career beats the guy who broke the streak. That rub certainly shouldn't be going to orton.

The story will be who will win, guy who's been out for a year and has shoulder bones made of dust, or guy who will be concussed tomorrow on an event they didn't mention happening on-air

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno why we're concerned about who is suspended when and what they deserve, we're just wrestling fans

Lesnar vs Orton is gonna be lose-lose no matter how we look at it.

I love it.

kane-laugh-o.gif

I actually think Orton/Lesnar could be good fun, but that Viper ring rust and recovering from recent injury shoulder will probably bugger it somewhat.

^what a marvellous gif

Recall

I'd presume anyone who suggests otherwise hasn't seen it. It was absolutely awful, and I paid to watch it. It was the maddest I've been about ordering a PPV and it was the final death of any potential WWECW had.

WWE ECW never had any potential. The two One Night Stand events were enough.

klonere

Banned
Can this SummerSlam be worse than last years?

Last year we got Taker/Brock was was great and Seth/Cena which was great if you cut it before the finish.

But the show opened with RANDY ORTON VS SHEAMUS so yeah, it could be a struggle to be worse this year.

imBask

Banned
Last year we got Taker/Brock was was great and Seth/Cena which was great if you cut it before the finish.

But the show opened with RANDY ORTON VS SHEAMUS so yeah, it could be a struggle to be worse this year.

what was the finish to Seth vs Cena? I have a terrible memory, I even had to google the card

Aiii

So not worth it
SummerSlam being good or bad depends entirely on July 19th and the programs that come out of the split. WWE is hitting the soft reset button, so it's really hard to tell what the card will be like and what programs will lead into it.

Cena verse AJ should be a 5-star match.

60% chance Brock/Orton main events because "IT'S THE REAL MAIN EVENT" jab at UFC for having it be second or third from last at 200

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My wife, who will have nothing to do with Wrestling, gave Final Deletion a shot. Afterwards, we had sex. I want to believe the latter is a direct result of the former.

giving this a try this weekend. except my gf really likes wrestling and always wants to watch. she's demanding we watch Final Deletion this weekend before UFC 200

Aiii

So not worth it
My wife, who will have nothing to do with Wrestling, gave Final Deletion a shot. Afterwards, we had sex. I want to believe the latter is a direct result of the former.

So the sex is a rare occurrence? And 2016 Jeff Hardy gets her going?

I'd be worried.

What would be the WWE title match for Summerslam? I'm gonna guess Dean will retain cleanly, and he'll probably pin Seth for it. He'll probably drop it at Summerslam. After that do they try setting up a singles match of Roman vs Dean or Seth vs Dean or just repeat the triple-threat?

matt-hardy-approves-o.gif

Congrats on the live sex celebration.

Anth0ny

THE SLAMS '16 CARD

SHOULDER VS CONCUSSION

AJ CENA 3

ROMAN AMBROSE ROLLINS 2

ADIAGA

ADIAGA 2

BADIAGA

ARUGLIA

AND PIZZOZA

kane-laugh-o.gif

klonere

Banned
Alright fuck it. I can get over Owen's look, make him the champ. This shit is too fucking good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTT_KbFfwb4

oh right! oh that was dumb.

Stewart got to play wrestler for a night and they fucked up a finish to a great match and further fucked Seth's reign just to accommodate that.

THE SLAMS '16 CARD

SHOULDER VS CONCUSSION

AJ CENA 3

ROMAN AMBROSE ROLLINS 2

ADIAGA

ADIAGA 2

BADIAGA

ARUGLIA

AND PIZZOZA

kane-laugh-o.gif

Checks out.

Top Bottom