• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT| ALT+CTRL DELETE DELETE DELETE NERO, IT'S OVAH!

We talkin' wives today?

My wife's favorite wrestler (because he's the hottest) is Roman Reigns. I told her she can have him and I get Renee Young. She thinks NXT is "better than the main show." That about sums up her opinions because she usually falls asleep whenever I have it on. We've never had sex immediately before, during or shortly after a wrestling event.

Again, last night: my wife, a huge Rock fan (hmmm, now I'm getting the picture) watched a whole bunch of his promos last night as she had never seen him in that environment. She lost her shit but really lost it when he had those moments with The Hurricane. Grade A comedy there.

hamburglar is top tier work

has she seen the rock/gilberg promo yet where he makes gill dance

Fox318

We talkin' wives today?

My wife's favorite wrestler (because he's the hottest) is Roman Reigns. I told her she can have him and I get Renee Young. She thinks NXT is "better than the main show." That about sums up her opinions because she usually falls asleep whenever I have it on. We've never had sex immediately before, during or shortly after a wrestling event.

Does she know that under the vest lies the body of Louie Anderson?

We talkin' wives today?

My wife's favorite current WRASSLER is probably Chris Jericho. She is very excited about the CWC and really liked the bracketology special. She is also eagerly awaiting the return of the brand split, because she watched Smackdown almost religiously during the previous one, but faded away when it ended and you kind of had to watch 3 hour RAWs instead. We did not have sex after watching The Final Deletion.

I will not comment on immediately before, during or after a wrestling event.

She has a Vaudevillians shirt.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
my gf's fave, who is someone she has made fun of repeatedly, is Kevin Owens.

I'll never forget her "...is he...is he wearing shapewear under his shirt?!" incredulous look. But he's won her over because he's "like a big baby when he loses" and she can't help but enjoy him.

I gotta admit, he has that crossover appeal as a bad guy.

She absolutely hates Ambrose because he looks identical to a sexual predator she had to deal with back in the day.

Sephzilla

My wife's favorite wrestler is Dolph Ziggler. What's the cleanest way to end this relationship?

Seth Rollins' style

GTYqI5F.gif

Hycran

Banned
Randy Orton? That's like the least interesting high profile Lesnar match since his return.

While I'm not a Randy Orton fan to any extent, he is known as the legend killer and canonically has an elite power level. He is one of the only people on the roster who actually stands as a credible threat and can really leverage the rub he would get from beating Brock.

My hope is that RO comes back with an improved move set and doesnt stick to the same old shit he was doing prior to being injured.

Zach

We're talking about our lady friends' faves? I'll just text her about that...

Lady Friend Fave Five

1. Rick Steiner in the '80s/early '90s
2. Asuka
3. American Alpha
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. Sasha Banks

Honorable mentions that keep coming in:

Samoa Joe
Eddie Guerrero
Dusty Rhodes

This could go on for some time so I'll just stop.

Zach

The aforementioned lady friend went and got my dog from my house because it's storming and she just sent me this picture of him sleeping:

I just needed to share his cuteness with someone... >_>

While I'm not a Randy Orton fan to any extent, he is known as the legend killer and canonically has an elite power level. He is one of the only people on the roster who actually stands as a credible threat and can really leverage the rub he would get from beating Brock.

My hope is that RO comes back with an improved move set and doesnt stick to the same old shit he was doing prior to being injured.
Orton couldn't destroy Hogan, Lesnar did & wiped Hogan's blood on his chest. Orton is a fraud, Lessy is the real deal!

Looks like bayley is now doing the "pick up and throw into turnbuckle" move. I don't know how I feel about this yet, but i'm leaning towards it needing to be outlawed before someone gets massively fucked up

PointlessLavishAustrianpinscher-size_restricted.gif

There was also a moment where Bayley somehow ended up flying into the turnbuckle and I don't know if she just sold it really well, but it looked stupidly dangerous and like her head/neck could have gotten fucked up.

As I said a page or two ago, I liked the match and hope those two are feuding now. I see potential.

Zach

Looks like bayley is now doing the "pick up and throw into turnbuckle" move. I don't know how I feel about this yet, but i'm leaning towards it needing to be outlawed before someone gets massively fucked up

Ban it!

(And bring back the piledriver.)

There was also a moment where Bayley somehow ended up flying into the turnbuckle and I don't know if she just sold it really well, but it looked stupidly dangerous and like her head/neck could have gotten fucked up.

As I said a page or two ago, I liked the match and hope those two are feuding now. I see potential.

I mean, they're two of the best wrasslers right now, so I'm all for it.

Recall

Modern wrestlers get hurt by everything. How long until a broken neck off a side headlock?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why do we think the buckle bomb is an unsafe move now? Because a 56 year old man with 30+ years in the business got injured taking one?

Why do we think the buckle bomb is an unsafe move now? Because a 56 year old man with 30+ years in the business got injured taking one?

Because the potential for bad is pretty high with that? Bayley barely got her to the turnbuckle and her head whiplashed pretty bad. FWIW I also am not a fan of stuff like cannonballs because of how the head sits against the turnbuckle.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You all say this like that like there isn't significant risk of neck injury on a lot of moves. I don't know that there's much evidence beyond Sting's injury to suggest the move is more dangerous than lots of the other allowed moves.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Powerbombs in general should be banned if we're worried about whiplash and what not

They moslty have been for years with very few exceptions. I'm pretty surprised they started letting Owens and Rollins do them. Especially with how stupidly unsafe Rollins move is when there's ZERO protecting with that move.

But it's ok, only piledrivers do any real damage. Thank god they stopped piledrivers everything else is fine.

imBask

Banned
Then let's ban all the dangerous moves that could cause a whiplash, and/or has injured someone in the past

-Styles clash
-Clothesline
-Powerbomb
-Anything from the top rope
-Irish whip
-Spear
-Big Boots
-Big E's ringside splash
-Pedigree
-Dropkick
-Flip outside of the ring
-suicide dive
-Headbutt
-Shooting Star Press

The buckle bomb can be safe if it's performed properly, just like most moves

Mengetsu

All this UFC promotion from WWE is the mark of 2016 really being bizarro land. I know Brock is the main reason for this but, normally WWE would just give it a very small mention or if not egnore it completely and promote SS As the real attraction. Now you see things like UFC videos on WWE’s Youtube and even the weight in that will be live on their youtube. Crazy times.

https://youtu.be/ot0jEqz1e3g

imBask

Banned
All this UFC promotion from WWE is the mark of 2016 really being bizarro land. I know Brock is the main reason for this but, normally WWE would just give it a very small mention or if not egnore it completely and promote SS As the real attraction. Now you see things like UFC videos on WWE’s Youtube and even the weight in that will be live on their youtube. Crazy times.

https://youtu.be/ot0jEqz1e3g

5 years from now we'll all laugh at the fact that everyone thought UFC was a shoot for so long

Top Bottom